PDA

View Full Version : Really Weird Question About Pants and the Underside of My Knees

Pike
07-14-2014, 10:50 AM
wtf do you call the underside of your knees, anyway?

Okay so basically wearing any kind of vaguely "stiff" pants (such as khakis or jeans) for more than a few hours gives me rugburn on the underside of my knees. Not kidding. I have to soak them in aloe vera ointment and bandage them up for at least a day afterwards because the pants rub them raw.

Unfortunately for me I have to wear khakis to work every day!

The only way I have discovered thus far that prevents this problem is to wear really soft leggings under my pants to form a sort of cushion. This was okay in the wintertime but now that it's like 90 degrees F outside it's kind of killer.

Why on earth do I have this problem and is there any way to solve it? I've tried web searching this issue and I've found nothing so apparently I'm the only person in the world who has this problem.

fire_of_avalon
07-14-2014, 11:04 AM
Fabric softener? You could try stitching fleece or cotton on the inside of your pants. Or buy different pants and burn those pants.

This has happened to me before with rough jeans and I made them into cutoff shorts. Maybe do that for work! :)

Sephex
07-14-2014, 12:05 PM
Huxley has to give you daily lickings on the back of your knees. It's cool because he told me that's his fetish, so it will work out.

Hmm...I guess maybe more sensitive parts of your skin doesn't like whatever material the pants your wear are made out of. Or maybe wearing bigger pants that won't irritate the area that much help? If you sweat a lot at work and/or move around a lot, that can cause that too. Nearly every time I spent all day at a theme part, my inner thighs are all irritated. Even when I was skinny this happened, so I know it isn't because I am a bigger guy or anything.

Found this thread with a similar story to yours: http://ask.metafilter.com/170924/What-is-this-knee-rash

This are the dude pics. Maybe reading the thread will give you an idea.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/26394621@N02/

Hope I helped!

blackmage_nuke
07-14-2014, 12:43 PM
Could you just keep the area bandaged so it doesnt rub against your pants? or put sweat bands there

Pike
07-14-2014, 01:12 PM
Could you just keep the area bandaged so it doesnt rub against your pants? or put sweat bands there

I tried this and it doesn't work, the area around the bandage gets chafed and raw instead :( I'll look into the other stuff when I get home from work.

Cloudane
07-14-2014, 02:53 PM
Ah, cultural differences in terminology. See, I was sat there wondering what it must be like to have undercrackers so big that that they go all the way down to your knees.

How about some talcum powder?

escobert
07-14-2014, 03:06 PM
Don't ever wear carhartts then :p

Shorty
07-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Why don't you find new pants, silly?

Pike
07-14-2014, 07:54 PM
Why don't you find new pants, silly?

Because I'm required to wear khakis for work and I can't find khakis that don't destroy my legs! :(

rubah
07-15-2014, 04:49 AM
measure the diameter of your legs where you get the chaffing, then measure the diameter of the pants in the same spot. Tell us the measurements.

do you primarily sit, stand ? do you use fabric softener or a clothes line? is it actually the back of your knee or is it your upper calf or lower thigh?

Mirage
07-15-2014, 04:59 AM
Maybe you should just amputate

Pike
07-15-2014, 10:25 AM
measure the diameter of your legs where you get the chaffing, then measure the diameter of the pants in the same spot. Tell us the measurements.

do you primarily sit, stand ? do you use fabric softener or a clothes line? is it actually the back of your knee or is it your upper calf or lower thigh?

Not sure where my measuring tape went when I moved but I'll see if I can find it.

I am walking and moving around all day; every time I step the fabric rubs against the back of my knee. I do use fabric softener and it's actually the back of my knee.

Madame Adequate
07-16-2014, 03:36 AM
Maybe you should just amputate

yeah sever tbh

noxious.sunshine
07-16-2014, 03:45 AM
I have a pair of really comfy cargo khakis that are soft and not at all scratchy.. IDK where they came from though. :(

It's likely the type of material your pants are. Try looking in Old Navy or Gap, they usually have good options.

Denmark
07-16-2014, 04:49 AM
kneepits

Sephex
07-16-2014, 05:11 AM
kneepits

I don't disagree, but I just imagined a mildly irritating video game obstacle.

Pike
07-19-2014, 02:17 AM
But see, armpits are attached to your torso whereas the back of your knees aren't! It's throwing me off!