PDA

View Full Version : Tekken 7

fat_moogle
07-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Tekken 7 was announced last night. It hasn't been confirmed which platforms it will on yet, but Namco are saying that they want to push the graphics past what's expected of games on next gen, which is making me think it will be exclusive to the next gen consoles, PS4 and Xbox One, rather than having a cross-gen release spanning PS3 and 360.

Who's looking forward to this? I am, for sure! Tekken 5: DR kept me occupied for quite some time before Tekken 6 got announced, and I haven't played a Tekken game since. Didn't bother getting TTT2 even though I loved the original, but had a feeling this announcement was coming so would rather wait!

Mo-Nercy
07-14-2014, 03:42 PM
YAY! Hopefully they don't mix things up too much. I would like to see the juggling scaled back a bit though. The Bound system was a great addition but when TTT2 came out, incorporating the tags with the bounds and into another juggle, and then a wall splat, okizeme, and then another juggle... It made high-level play a bit inaccessible, especially for people without arcade sticks.

I also think Tekken is approaching the point of not having enough depth in the characters. The newer characters like Miguel, Zafira and Bob are great, but in TTT2, Heihachi, Kazuya, Devil/Angel, Devil Jin, Jinpachi and Jin in Omen Stance all use Mishima Style Fighting Karate. It's stupid. If you learn to wavedash and time the Electric Wind God Fist well, then you've pretty much almost there in terms of mastering a big handful of characters. It's a bit unfair for players who don't play the Mishimas. I hope Namco stick to their pattern of making the Tags series being non-canon and phase out a few Mishima characters in T7.

And make Lee the best character in the game. That'd really make my day. xD

Pumpkin
07-14-2014, 03:50 PM
YAAAY NEW TEKKEN

I am excite

Mirage
07-14-2014, 05:38 PM
I think I would have preferred to see TxSF before T7, but I can deal with this as well. Woo.

Jessweeee♪
07-14-2014, 05:51 PM
Odd numbered Tekkens are the best ones. Hopefully this one will continue that tradition c:

I recently picked up TTT2 and I'm loving it. It's like a big gooey love letter to Tekken fans. I posted before that the only thing it was missing is Tekken Ball from Tekken 3 and apparently one version of the game does have it.

Mirage
07-14-2014, 06:53 PM
I had no problems with T6

Depression Moon
07-14-2014, 08:39 PM
I had to take a break from Tekken since I've been playing since the series intro. With 7 I'm coming out of retirement.

Ayen
07-14-2014, 09:35 PM
I haven't played a Tekken game since Tekken 2, which was my introduction to the series and I found it highly enjoyable. Interested to see how they take things to the next level, although graphics are usually ranked third in my mind after gameplay and story.

Mercen-X
07-15-2014, 06:28 AM
Odd numbered Tekkens are the best ones. Hopefully this one will continue that tradition
Personally, my favorite so far has been Tekken 4.

Rocket Edge
07-15-2014, 07:42 AM
Really? 4 was meant to be the weakest of the series.

I'm very excited for this game. I loved TTT2. I agree that the juggling could be a bit excessive in TTT2, but it was fun using tags. It was my favourite since 3. It will be interesting to see which is released first, TxSF or T7. Apparently there's an announcement on the 26 or 28th with more details. As for Mishima's being overpowered? They constantly rank as the games best players and possess the best move in the game Electric Wind God Fist, but I think it takes a lot of skill, execution, & great defense to be truely good with them. Other characters like Lars (ugh), BoB, Lei, & Hwoarang I have more of a problem with.

What characters do you guys play with? I use Yoshimitsu, Paul, Armor King, King, Ancient Ogre (though I think he won't be in 7.)

Jessweeee♪
07-15-2014, 07:47 AM
I like Law, Paul, Xiaoyu, the Williams sisters, and Mokujin. Dr. Bosconovitch and Xiaoyu are my favorite tag pair in TTT2.

fat_moogle
07-15-2014, 08:33 AM
Well seems a lot of us will be jumping in on this game! We'll have to arrange some fights =p I don't see this releasing until around Christmas 2015, though, but we'll see.

Mo-Nercy
07-15-2014, 11:23 AM
I use Lee, Wang, Marduk, Anna, Asuka and Lili.
I like to use Lili and Lee in TTT2. They've both got great carry and when people ask me who I use, I get to say "Lililee".

Mirage
07-15-2014, 11:41 AM
I play with Lee, Asuka and Alisa

Pumpkin
07-15-2014, 12:38 PM
My new group is Xiaoyu and Lili

fat_moogle
07-15-2014, 06:20 PM
All this talk of TTT2 is making me want to get it! But I'm busy with Tales of Graces f at the moment and I've just recently bought Tales of Xillia and FFX | X-2 in the July PSN sale. So me thinks I'll pass on it for now!

KentaRawr!
07-15-2014, 07:24 PM
Goodness, I adore Tekken Tag Tournament 2. My team was normally Leo and either Asuka or Xiaoyu, but I had the most success with Yoshimitsu + Kunimitsu. :p If I ever get access to the game again, I'd love to play online with some EoFFers. :D

fat_moogle
07-15-2014, 07:57 PM
Oh gosh! You're going to make me take the plunge! I'm totally buying it tonight =p

I mean, it will be a while before Tekken 7 so I might as well! I think for my first fight I'll try Asuka and Lily!

Rocket Edge
07-15-2014, 11:49 PM
You won't regret it. It's so much fun and the replay value will keep you tied up 'til T7. Try out different teams and see which characters styles you think complement each other. :)

My teams were:

Yoshi/Paul
Armor King/A Ogre

Depression Moon
07-16-2014, 12:05 AM
As of Tekken 6 I main Baek, Alisa, and Hwoarang.

KentaRawr!
07-16-2014, 12:05 AM
I don't know if this is true for all versions of TTT2, but on the Wii U version you can map certain attacks to a face button + L, and the defaults normally make some pretty simple sample combos. That's really the only reason I ever experienced any success online. ;)

Mirage
07-16-2014, 12:15 AM
pretty sure you can't do this in the other versions

also would be completely tournament banned anyway

KentaRawr!
07-16-2014, 12:19 AM
I think it's a feature they put in for scrubs like me. :blush:

Mirage
07-16-2014, 12:25 AM
scrubs, wiiu
sounds likely, yeah

that said, I really suck at execution in fighting games myself

Mo-Nercy
07-20-2014, 04:40 PM
eLMe0bLiEwU

Here's the reveal trailer for those who haven't seen it.

Looks like Kazumi Mishima (Kazuya's mother/Heihachi's wife) will be a featured character. She might even be a new usable character. She mentions that Kazuya must realise by now that he's inherited her powers before it cuts to him doing a bit of Super Saiyan thing before a fight against Heihachi. Interesting to see what this means.. It appears to have no connection to the Devil power that Kazuya acquired back before Tekken 2. I wonder if this'll mean an altered fighting style for Kazuya.

I wonder who the shadow that opens the doors at the beginning is? The obvious person would be Jin, who's always fought with the intention of ending the Mishima bloodline. He's probably tasking himself with the duty of killing his father and grandfather again. However, at 31 seconds in, the shadow doesn't appear to have the right body shape for Jin. The pants don't have the traditional baggyness and it looks like he's hunched over - kinda like Devil Jin, but without the wings.

Most interestingly is the declaration that this will be "The Final Battle". Final battle for the Tekken series? Or just for the Mishimas?

Mercen-X
07-21-2014, 04:42 AM

Seriously? Namco actually produced a game with the intent it be perceived as weak?

Edit: Also, ANGEL POWER!

Pheesh
07-21-2014, 08:43 AM
I'll end up buying this. I didn't get TTT2 but I put a lot of time into T6. My main was Asuka and I also got pretty good with Alisa and Steve.

Rocket Edge
07-21-2014, 10:01 AM

Seriously? Namco actually produced a game with the intent it be perceived as weak?
I thought it was pretty clear what I was saying. 4 was, by many fans and critics the weakest Tekken. Especially after 3 was so well received. It was too slow. The music was great in it though, probably my favourite of the series.

Jessweeee♪
07-23-2014, 12:10 AM
Yeah I mean it was ok, it wasn't terrible or anything but I got so much more enjoyment out of Tekken 3 before it and 5 after. And I so downloaded the sound track.

Mo-Nercy
07-23-2014, 11:58 AM
It was pretty unbalanced too. Jin was unquestionably the best character to use.

It did, however, introduce walls and some great characters (Mokujin > Combot).