PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever had...

Mahad
07-16-2014, 12:44 AM
...a cosmetic procedure or some other procedure of that type? May be you changed the shape of your nose? May be you got a botox treatment? Changed skin tone? Had a hair transplant?

I'm referring to procedures that are not really required but is something you may want to do for other reasons. Are the benefits, if any, all just on looks?

Shorty
07-16-2014, 01:09 AM
Nope! Never had anything. I would get laser removal surgery to get rid of stretch marks. Other than that, I'm pretty okay with my body.

fire_of_avalon
07-16-2014, 01:14 AM
Nah, I don't have that kind of money and there's nothing surgery would really do for me anyway.

escobert
07-16-2014, 01:48 AM
it's technically a cosmetic procedure but not really looked at as one, but I had cyst removed from my lower leg in high school. Otherwise nope.

Ayen
07-16-2014, 01:54 AM
No. I have no desire to have surgery for any reason.

Araciel
07-16-2014, 02:18 AM
Premolar extraction and braces. Giant teeth and small mouth.

Shiny
07-16-2014, 03:11 AM
Nope, but I am technically getting a nose job soon, but it's for the inside of my nose. The bone is crooked due to an injury. Also I think getting a crown on my tooth counts as cosmetic as well.

Madame Adequate
07-16-2014, 03:30 AM
Sort of. When the technology is there I fully intend to get everything I possibly can replaced with cybernetic parts, and although this is primarily with the motivation of improving my physical capabilities, there is also an aesthetic element as well. I want to look like Adam Jensen, basically.

escobert
07-16-2014, 03:31 AM
Oh if braces count then yes I was put into the death traps in first grade. I had one massive gap between my front teeth so, it was needed.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-16-2014, 05:26 AM
If I were a girl, I would get a boob job. Unless I already had bitchin' boobs.

Boobs are great.

But no, I have not.

noxious.sunshine
07-16-2014, 06:18 AM
I've had braces.

And there was a possibility of me once getting plastic surgery to smooth over the scar I have on my face. But for the longest, I was too young and by the time I was old enough to be able to make the decision, I didn't want to do it.

I would love to have a breast reduction, but I'm gonna wait until I get down to my goal weight, maintain it for awhile, and then re-evaluate things. I know that I lose weight in my boobies when I lose in general, but even when I'm skinny (117 is the smallest I've been without being on drugs), I'm still a C almost D cup. I want to be more in proportion.

I'm not opposed from having my boob fat injected into my ass. I have no ass. I would love to have one.

I'm also possibly not opposed to Botox either if it's done right. My sister got injections in her forehead and it looked fantastic. We both have major forehead crinkleage going on, especially right between our eyebrows. And we always look pissed off if we're not smiling. heh

Sephex
07-16-2014, 10:32 AM
Yeah, I ate to much and now I'm cosmically fat because I eat an amount the equivalent space of all of the cosmos.

MissH
07-16-2014, 01:09 PM
I had a big bump on my nose after I was banged into a wall as a child. I hated the bump in my nose, felt like it made me look manly and horrible... So 5 years ago I had cosmetic surgery on my nose and now feel much better about it. You could never tell I had it done as it was just the bump as opposed to the tip.

No regrets at all. In fact, I'd love more surgery!

Quindiana Jones
07-16-2014, 01:20 PM
Well, I didn't grow the extra pair of arms, if that's what you're asking.

Alive-Cat
07-16-2014, 04:42 PM
Haha, I will be getting a huge life changing surgery years down the line when the NHS allows me to!

Other than that...I'm getting all my body hair/facial hair lazer removed ASAP, I don't know if that counts? I'm not so bothered right now but later on in my 20's I'm probably going to get facial feminization surgery, that's basically nose/cheek bones/chin. It doesn't change all that much, just softens and makes your bone structure more feminine. If in the next few years I can't train my voice to being even close to what I want, I'll get voice feminizaton surgery - it runs a risk of actually destroying your voice forever but to be honest I'd rather be mute than sound like this.

Other than these things, nothing that actually alters my general face or whatever. I like the core of my appearance, the very basic kind of essence of what I look like. I wouldn't want to look different than that. There's just a lot of things male puberty has ruined about me!

Bubba
07-16-2014, 05:27 PM
I don't think I'd ever get plastic surgery. It's just not something I'm interested in. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of things I'm unhappy with. Unsightly bump on shoulder, nose like a beak etc... The idea doesn't sit well with me though. I mean, where does it stop? You could end up looking like a completely different person!

MissH
07-16-2014, 05:52 PM
You could end up looking like a completely different person!

That's the whole point :-p

Cloudane
07-16-2014, 05:56 PM
A couple of things that counted as "technically cosmetic":

- Removal of a skin tag (though my doctor managed to fiddle it through as "causing me discomfort" so I got it NHS'd)

- Crowns, because I broke my front teeth falling off my bike. I spent a good number of years putting up with it (because expensive, and because "eh, that would be vain and stuff") but eventually got fed up of not daring to smile properly because I'm self conscious of looking hideous, and got them done.

But no, no nip and tuck for me. Never ever. I've seen some of those horrors.

Formalhaut
07-16-2014, 06:49 PM
I look pretty ugly as is, so if I had money to burn, I'd definitely get change a few things about myself. I'd get my teeth done, for definite, and just make my face look better!

Jess
07-16-2014, 07:48 PM
Other than surgery in my mouth (teeth related) and braces, nope.

I'm not saying I wouldn't, though. I'm still young and I have a baby face, but once I start ageing I would definitely consider some Botox or something to reclaim my youth! I don't want to look old. :(

I think it can be a great thing to boost a persons self esteem and confidence. If somebody is deeply unhappy with their physical appearance, and cosmetic surgery can make them happy, why not?

Christmas
07-17-2014, 02:47 PM
Are the benefits, if any, all just on looks?

Not just looks, you might be called Michael Jackson the Second. :bigsmile:

Pike
07-24-2014, 11:55 AM
My teeth are horrifically messed up so the orthodontist did a whole bunch of stuff to them.

They still look horrifically messed up :(