PDA

View Full Version : What made you buy the Remaster?

Formalhaut
07-16-2014, 06:02 PM
I've just bought the HD Remaster. I already own both X and X-2, so I thought to myself why I bought it, exactly. The remaster to X is literally the same as the PAL version I have, although X-2 added the international elements, which is great and I can't wait to see what it's like.

For me, seeing my boyfriend play it for the first time and get really into it - I think that is what inspired me to go through the games again. Also, he'll be able to play X-2 in full HD glory (missed the boat with X, unfortunately!)

What made you want to buy the remaster? Was it that you missed out on the international version of X, or wanted to see X-2 in full? Or maybe you just wanted to relive the games again?

Ergroilnin
07-16-2014, 06:08 PM
My undying love for FFX (second only to FFIX and even then it's almost tie between those), HD graphics, portability with Vita and that it was on PSN sale for little less than half normal price.

Also I never played more than two hours in FFX-2 so when I finally get to it, it will be nice to have all that extra content that was Japan exclusive till now.

Karifean
07-16-2014, 06:11 PM
My favorite game bundled with the most fun game I've ever played, all in their full versions with upscaled graphics? Why yes, thank you.

It's weird. I don't mind paying for these games again one bit. If anything, I payed little for how much I got out of them.

There was the selling point of English Creature Create, but I would've definitely bought it even if it hadn't been included. I just love these games so much.

Shauna
07-16-2014, 07:50 PM
The added things in X-2 are enough to warrant buying it, despite already owning both of them for the PS2. I really enjoy the FFX games and more of it is fine.

Sephiroth
07-16-2014, 08:36 PM
Normally not trophies but I know Final Fantasy already so mainly for trophies.

Leen-Leen
07-16-2014, 08:37 PM
FFX was my first Final Fantasy game and still remains my favorite, so it had a special place in my heart. When the NA version of the Collector's Edition was announced, I freaked out ... mostly because I wanted it so badly but I knew my wallet would cry because of it. But it was all worth it -- I got to re-live my favorite games again in full HD glory, and now I have some neato collector's edition items to go with it! :jess: It's also nice to play through the International versions of the game, as I never got to play them myself.

black orb
07-17-2014, 06:26 AM
>>> It was FFX and it was HD..:luca:

Scotty_ffgamer
07-17-2014, 06:56 AM
I really enjoyed FFX and wanted to try out the extra stuff that us Americans never got. By the time that I played through FFX HD, I stopped caring about the extra stuff. Still haven't played X-2 HD...

Mo-Nercy
07-17-2014, 09:24 AM
I was able to trade in a handful of games I was never going to play again and got it for about $20. My PS2 is also on its last legs and the controllers have seen better days too, so I think I got a good deal out of it all.

Otherwise I probably wouldn't have got it. FFX doesn't really sit that high up the all time favourites list for me.

Dat Matt
07-19-2014, 11:35 PM
The added things in X-2 are enough to warrant buying it, despite already owning both of them for the PS2. I really enjoy the FFX games and more of it is fine.

You gave both the PS3 versions away to your sister too. So no guilt about buying new games.