PDA

View Full Version : Undead/Zombie Monsters and Bosses

Mo-Nercy
07-17-2014, 10:58 AM
I was fighting the underwater version of Evrae the other day and it occurred to me I have no idea what attacks this boss uses because I've always Phoenix Downed it. Ditto goes for the Abaddon in FFVIII, the boss in the Cosmo Canyon whose name escapes me for the moment and just about every undead thing in the series.

Does anyone fight these things 'properly'?

Formalhaut
07-17-2014, 12:21 PM
I was thinking of Evrae as soon as I saw the thread title.

No, I never fight these things fairly unless the developers have made them explicitly immune (or highly resistant) to these near instant death phoenix downs.

Quindiana Jones
07-17-2014, 12:27 PM
It's been a while since I last witnessed one of Soulcage's attacks...

Ergroilnin
07-17-2014, 01:08 PM
Ever since I learned about these bosses being vulnerable to PD/Elixir I always just went that way but in all the games (FFVIII Abbadon, FFIX Soul Cage, FFX Evrae Altanae) I fought the normally the first time because I never though about bosses being vulnerable to this sort of thing (old habit from playing Ragnarok Online where bosses are completely immune to all sorts of statuses).

Pumpkin
07-17-2014, 05:08 PM
I used to fight them properly. Like the Zombie Tree in IX and Evrae. Now I'm just like "screw dat" and throw some healing at them.

Monsters I will still defeat in the typical way, unless they're being especially difficult to defeat.

Rez09
07-17-2014, 05:53 PM
I throw medicine and bird feathers at them. It just seems like the right thing to do. D: