PDA

View Full Version : Trophies

Ergroilnin
07-17-2014, 09:27 PM
So guys,

I never really cared about trophies in games much but then again I think they give a nice way to entertain yourself instead of for example self imposed challenges (which I still prefer anyway, I love being able to do something people told me is impossible even without definite proof.).

What I really don't get though are the trophies that you get for simply playing the game normally like *you beat this mandatory boss, here have a trophy* stuff. Imo they should really only be given for doing extra stuff or something like that. If anything the easiest trophy should be *you finished the game A.K.A. you beat the last boss*

escobert
07-17-2014, 09:58 PM
I agree. I got an achievement for using everyones first limit breaks in the PC FFVII. wtf? really that's an achievement?

Sephiroth
07-17-2014, 10:05 PM
http://psnprofiles.com/Cetra29

Ergroilnin
07-18-2014, 06:28 PM
Damn so many trophies.

StarCross1988
07-18-2014, 06:51 PM
O.o Dayum.

I was kinda late on the PS3/Vita party, most of my completed stuff is on 360. I do have 381 trophies though.

I used to achievement hunt more often than I do now.

Bolivar
07-18-2014, 07:10 PM
The last game I took the time to Platinum was Hotline Miami. Not a lot of BS "challenges" there, it was tough but worth it. I can't even begin to tell you how hype I am for the sequel.

Trophies were awesome when they first came to PS3 but I hardly notice then anymore. It is awesome having them on Vita, though, they still have some of that novelty for me there.

Ayen
07-19-2014, 11:11 AM
Good concept and I enjoy them when I earn one (same with Xbox achievements), but never went out of my way to get them. I do agree it's kind of weird to get them for things that are mandatory to do to complete the game.

Rez09
07-21-2014, 01:02 PM
I appreciate that trophies encourage me to go back through and complete things I didn't do the first time, like seeing all of the skits or opening all the boxes, but I don't get too drawn into them and ignore ones that seem too bothersome or tedious, like the vocal enthusiast trophy in Dynasty Warriors 8.

I agree that story related trophies should probably only be given out on completion of said story instead of in steps along the way, as trophies should be for things above and beyond (or at least out of the way).

Skyblade
07-21-2014, 02:56 PM
I love trophies! Collecting them, then looking at them and seeing all the little cool information that Nintendo crams into the text boxes. It was something seriously great about Brawl, and I'm really looking forward to what new ones I'll be able to get in Smash 4.

Oh. Different trophies.

Personally, I think trophies are a really cool system. I vastly prefer them to the Gamerscore, just because, at a glimpse, you get a better view of the player's activities. If you look at someone's trophy count and see 40 Platinums, you know that they are completionists. On the other hand, if they have 800 Bronze and Silver trophies, you know that they have a wider range of games, but don't go as deep into them. It actually tells you something about how they play. While Gamerscore just adds points.

I do wish that more game incorporated them into the game, though. I like when the game rewards you for them, gives you unlockables or bonuses for completing them. Because I don't look at my gamer profile that much anyway.

Sephiroth
07-21-2014, 02:58 PM
Chapter trophies are good because they show you you have done a different, somehow important part of a game and some people want some trophies without actually going all out. I have trophies that I only got because I want the Platinum but I would have never done that "task" without trophies such as having the counter of every Mortal Kombat character at 24 hours playtime (which I didn't do the ordinary way, I just let on the PS3 in Training Mode and payed for for electricity to earn it such as 99% of the players), going 1000s of kms in Soul Callibur V, destroying everything in Dragon Ball Raging Blast and such. Dodging 200 Lightning Bolts is also such a thing but this one was obvious and I did it also without trophies as it is Final Fantasy.