PDA

View Full Version : Pure Roles vs. Red Mages

Wolf Kanno
07-18-2014, 05:28 AM
So did you bother with pure roles or did you make everyone into red mages/paladins where everyone had at least one cure spell and maybe one elemental spell?

In my first playthrough I did Red Mages and didn't find it as fun so the second time through I dealt with classic job roles and got a bit more bang out of my buck since it focused the way I developed them.

Pumpkin
07-20-2014, 06:07 AM
Depended on the character. Maria was my healer, Guy was my status buff guy, and Firion was my status debuff guy for the most part. I also had Maria learn ice, Guy learn Fire, and Firion learn Bolt

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-24-2014, 10:22 AM
Due to the way stats are raised in this game I think it was harder for me to carve out a niche for each person. I think I wanted them all to be well rounded. I may have given cure to certain people and black magic to others, but it's been so long I just don't remember.

Rez09
07-27-2014, 08:34 PM
I tried going white mage, black mage, melee damage, and fourth slot fodder, but leveling spells took far too long, and for far too little reward, so I just gave everyone a different weapon, a buff spell, and let them beat on everything they saw.