PDA

View Full Version : FFIV: The First Character driven FF?

Wolf Kanno
07-18-2014, 05:39 AM
While FFII certainly gets the honor of being the first FF to be story driven; I've always felt that FFIV was the first character driven piece in the series due to so much of the games drama and allure being the actual events that affect the characters as opposed to the high adventures of seeing new places or stopping evil. Others might argue the game was too simplistic for this, but I still feel that for its time frame FFIV did a fantastic job of introducing us to a wonderful cast of characters who made us a feel for them.

Sephex
07-18-2014, 10:39 AM
I agree. I played many RPGs when this game was brand new, which was harder than you would think at the time, and I remember being blown away that the characters are....well, characters. I was sold on the game immediately because of it. It's very odd to think that such an aspect was an innovation today, but whatever! Basically, I agree with your post!

Christmas
07-18-2014, 01:58 PM
I agree with Sephex who basically agree with your post! :bigsmile:

Sephex
07-18-2014, 10:37 PM
I agree with Sephex who basically agree with your post! :bigsmile:

And now I am agreeing with you! :)

Pumpkin
07-18-2014, 10:41 PM
I am agreeing with all of you who are agreeing with all of you. I hadn't actually thought about it but yeah it makes sense