PDA

View Full Version : Roxas is better than Sora.

Wolf Kanno
07-18-2014, 06:44 AM
Sora is a nice kid but Roxas just always felt more compelling to me as a character, he's got issues and his story is just so much more gripping and interesting than Sora's haphazard Harry Potter-esque Chosen One nonsense. Sure they are technically the same character but I honestly enjoyed my time with Roxas in KH2's prologue way more than adventuring with Sora for the rest of the game.

Fynn
07-18-2014, 07:55 AM
Thank God I'm not the only one! I don't get the hate the prologue gets. It's the best thing about the game!

Wolf Kanno
07-18-2014, 08:51 AM
The prologue was the best written part of the game. I get that people didn't care for the tutorial aspect but I felt the game gave you some interesting variety in Twilight Town and the story was trippy and well executed and this is coming from someone who would love to have Nojima never work with SE ever again.

Sephex
07-18-2014, 10:34 AM
Roxas is a terrible name, however.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-18-2014, 07:52 PM
Roxas is great. That tutorial at the beginning of II is also so much more tragic and meaningful after playing through 358/2 Days.

I don't mind Sora, but there just isn't that much to him. He has no depth while Roxas has a lot of depth, making Roxas instantly better.

I do have to say that.... I've been having this weird thoughts lately. Like, is any of this for real or not?

Formalhaut
07-18-2014, 08:29 PM
I agree as well! I loved the prologue section in KHII. It was funny, when I played that game for the first time, I was expecting to play as Sora; imagine my surprise when I saw this new kid!

Like everyone else has said, I emphasize more with Roxas, I care for him more, especially due to how well written and moving the prologue was. I'm a sucker for a 'days' format like what the prologue did, and it felt darker and darker as the days were coming to and, his summer.

I've not even played 382/2 Days yet. I imagine I would love it!

Pumpkin
07-18-2014, 08:36 PM
I hate Roxas I don't even care

My opinion could change if I played more of the series but yes, I am one of the into haters of KHII. I WANT TO EXPLORE OTHER WORLDS NOT WATCH YOU EAT ICE CREAM EVERYDAY AND DELIVER MAIL BY SKATEBOARD GET OUT

Wolf Kanno
07-18-2014, 09:31 PM
I've not even played 382/2 Days yet. I imagine I would love it!

358/2 just makes Roxas' story the more gut wrenching to be honest. Seriously the game has one of the most heartbreaking endings, especially if you've played KHII.

Pheesh
07-19-2014, 08:19 AM
I wouldn't say he's better, because to me they're basically the same type of character. I will say that Roxas really benefits from being part of one, emotional, well written piece of KH2 with a very sweet but depressing conclusion. Whereas we have to put up with Sora through the annoying parts of his character arc and any parts of the games that we don't enjoy.

However I was never able to play 358/2 days so my thoughts on this might be completely different if that weren't the case.

Fynn
07-19-2014, 08:42 AM
Y'all need to play Days. It's just... *sniff* :cry:

:crying:

Scotty_ffgamer
07-19-2014, 04:59 PM
Days really doesn't get the love that it should.

Shauna
07-19-2014, 05:48 PM
The story for Days was great. Top KH stuff. The actual game though? Eehhhhhhhhhh. Wasn't hugely impressed.

I don't have much preference between either Sora or Roxas. They're both a-okay in my book.

Wolf Kanno
07-19-2014, 07:07 PM
Days has its hangups as a game, especially since the control set-up combined with bringing back some of the original stages from the first game made for some obnoxious platform elements. Still, I feel Days did magic better than every other entry because each spell was unique even between spells of the same class and I absolutely loved the variety it got. The combo system was also a nice touch and I did enjoy the Grid Customization system. If only the game wasn't so mission based it might have held up better.