PDA

View Full Version : How much have your tastes changed?

Wolf Kanno
07-18-2014, 08:06 AM
As we get older some of us refine our tastes, other lose patience for BS, and some just pick up interest in something new. So how have your taste in games changed from since you first started?

Ayen
07-18-2014, 08:44 AM
My tastes in game haven't changed much over the years, I just added some more favorites to the list of genres I enjoy. FPS and RTS games, mostly.

Pike
07-18-2014, 10:37 AM
Grand strategy games didn't exactly exist when I started playing in the mid-80s (and probably would've been too much for me to decipher at the time anyway) so I had to grow into that bit, but other than that I can't say my tastes have changed in particular, no.

Loony BoB
07-18-2014, 12:31 PM
Used to like pretty much everything. Still like pretty much everything. Nope, I'm good. :D

Christmas
07-18-2014, 12:34 PM
It has changed to an extent that I rarely play games nowadays. :bigsmile:

Mo-Nercy
07-18-2014, 12:49 PM
The first game I got for my PS1 was a fighting game (Battle Arena Toshinden 2) and I still love fighting games today. Racing games have also featured prominently in my collections and that hasn't changed either.

The only change really is that I'm more into sports games these days than when I was a kid.

Rez09
07-18-2014, 03:56 PM
Overall my tastes haven't changed too much, though, like the above, I've learned to appreciate sports games much more than when I was younger.

Bolivar
07-18-2014, 04:42 PM
I guess I move with the times more or less. Played a lot of shooters last gen, a lot of JRPGS before that, and a ton of indies and Dota 2 today. I always dabble a bit in most genres though.

Shauna
07-18-2014, 04:48 PM
I don't think they've changed that much. My tastes are pretty eclectic, and they have been for as long as I can remember.

TrollHunter
07-18-2014, 05:21 PM
I've become far more action oriented in my gaming now. In the past I never would have saw myself spending dozens of hours in DMC3 or metal gear rising.
Slow moving games drive me insane now. I like my stuff quick and dirty, and the same goes for story now. I hop between so many games nowadays that I can't invest a huge amount of time into longer RPGs like I used to. I much prefer beating a short action game and spending most of my time mastering it.

I still love my RPGs like Persona, but those games work so much better if you can invest in longer playing sessions... that is something I can't really do anymore.
So yeah, much like my taste in anime has changed... I like my stuff going at a really fast pace and don't want it to be too long or tedious. I don't know if I'd ever be able to beat stuff like the longer final fantasy's now sadly.