PDA

View Full Version : I hope this game has Moogles

Wolf Kanno
07-18-2014, 08:22 AM
Kind of feel like the poor critters have been shafted in the main numbered entries though XIV gave them some love. Still, I always felt like Nomura would shy away from the critters as VII is the only game he actively worked on where they are significant, usually their just shopkeepers in his game or background elements. I want a Moogle village dammit!

Ayen
07-18-2014, 08:29 AM
It would be nice, although it might be hard to pull off with the more realistic look XV has going for it.

Psychotic
07-18-2014, 05:00 PM
Yeah, it'd be difficult. Also I think you're getting in on a technicality with your "Main numbered entries" - they still featured prominently in XIII-2 and LR!

Freya
07-18-2014, 05:02 PM
Yeah they are in XIII-2 and LR.

I want moogles but I don't know how this will work with the world.

Wolf Kanno
07-18-2014, 07:12 PM
Yeah, it'd be difficult. Also I think you're getting in on a technicality with your "Main numbered entries" - they still featured prominently in XIII-2 and LR!

Listen, the less spoken about the abomination that is XIII the better... :colbert:

Pumpkin
07-18-2014, 07:16 PM
I would also like to see Moogles! Maybe they could be pets or something :o

I know the game is going for more realistic but it is still a fantasy and they have gosh darn behemoths and stuff, they can fit in some Moogles

Depression Moon
07-18-2014, 07:36 PM
Kind of feel like the poor critters have been shafted in the main numbered entries though XIV gave them some love. Still, I always felt like Nomura would shy away from the critters as VII is the only game he actively worked on where they are significant, usually their just shopkeepers in his game or background elements. I want a Moogle village dammit!

How were moogles significant in VII? You only got them from that video clip in the Golden Saucer and a summon

Mirage
07-18-2014, 08:10 PM
Idk, we've seen strange cute creatures in other realistically styled FF games too. I don't think it would be too hard to design a moogle that would fit into the world of FF15.

Wolf Kanno
07-18-2014, 09:33 PM
How were moogles significant in VII? You only got them from that video clip in the Golden Saucer and a summon

They are plastered all over the Gold Saucer not to mention one party member uses a mechanical one to smack enemies with. Granted they are not true moogles and feel more like they are all some persons imagination but they do have a significant screen presence compared to say FFVIII or X.

Ayen
07-19-2014, 12:14 AM
I think the most you could hope for given the setting is them being featured in another arcade, or maybe as a stuff animal. Ooh, "Hello Moogle" cellphone!

Del Murder
07-19-2014, 07:29 PM
I hope they are the cute looking ones instead of the weird FFXII ones.

Mirage
07-19-2014, 11:11 PM
In what way are the FF12 ones not cute?

Del Murder
07-20-2014, 12:02 AM
They look like rodents.

Mirage
07-20-2014, 12:50 AM
rodents are cute, man
at least these are

Rostum
07-20-2014, 09:22 AM
I'd love them to be as significant as FFIX, but I don't thin we'll get that...

Depression Moon
07-20-2014, 05:57 PM

They are plastered all over the Gold Saucer not to mention one party member uses a mechanical one to smack enemies with. Granted they are not true moogles and feel more like they are all some persons imagination but they do have a significant screen presence compared to say FFVIII or X.

I never knew that thing Cait Sith rides on is a moogle. It just looks like some pink blob with tusks

Freya
07-21-2014, 07:10 PM
I hope they are the cute looking ones instead of the weird FFXII ones.

The XII Moogles were the coolest looking Moogles.

https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1379741036/71821.jpg

They actually worked in the world rather than just having a cute fluff.

Del Murder
07-22-2014, 04:12 AM
Cute fluff or gtfo

Carl the Llama
07-22-2014, 12:50 PM
I'm surprised to see this mentioned tbh, they have been featured in all FF games since... VI earliest I can recall, in the form of Mog and his gang, cait sith in VII the minimog game in VIII and so on... my personal favourite was having Mog as a playable character in VI.

Christmas
07-22-2014, 01:14 PM
And Mognet plz.

Mirage
07-22-2014, 01:54 PM
I'm surprised to see this mentioned tbh, they have been featured in all FF games since... VI earliest I can recall, in the form of Mog and his gang, cait sith in VII the minimog game in VIII and so on... my personal favourite was having Mog as a playable character in VI.

Since FF5 actually.

Carl the Llama
07-22-2014, 03:42 PM
Since FF5 actually.

earliest I can recall

Mirage
07-22-2014, 04:49 PM
yeah ok sorry for TEACHING you stuff!

Depression Moon
07-22-2014, 06:39 PM
Actually they started in III. They were in Doga's home.

I don't see why Moogles can't be a part of this world, I'd like to see them as a race again and more prevalent than they were in XII.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-24-2014, 08:23 AM
And Mognet plz.

Absolutely.

Can we bring back Superslick as well? Moogles love it. While we're at it, let's bring back different colored moogles as well. It helps bring out individuality when they're not all various shades of pinkish white.

Some people might find it tedious but I love delivering letters. You get to read them and learn interesting things about the games lore and the day to day lives of the non player characters.

XIV has moogle delivery as well and it's a lot of fun.

Loony BoB
07-24-2014, 02:21 PM
I want to see a completely new Moogle type. And I can see them in FFXV in a kind of village or something, but not in the main cities or anything.

Ergroilnin
07-24-2014, 02:53 PM
I love FFIX moogles the most by far and I would totally love them being in FFXV.

Dat Matt
07-24-2014, 08:51 PM
All the main characters should be replaced with Moogles.

Mirage
07-24-2014, 11:31 PM
I want to see a completely new Moogle type. And I can see them in FFXV in a kind of village or something, but not in the main cities or anything.

Poor homeless moogles that are treated like crap by the general populace, and have to survive in the sewers. You, of course, as the hero, can get a sidequest that would lead to them having better lives.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-26-2014, 05:45 AM
Going off of BoB's thought, I think it would be kind of cool to have moogles be like a nomadic race. I'm picturing caravans of them that you'd see around the world while you also might see little pockets of Moogle villages. I'm kind of picturing them going around in wagons like in Crystal Chronicles, but I don't know how much that would fit considering the pretty modern day feel of the tech in the game we've already seen.