PDA

View Full Version : Did you like aeons?

Ergroilnin
07-18-2014, 11:45 AM
I personally enjoyed the summoning system in FFX most of all FF games. I was never really fan of summons being basically more expensive, stronger spells.

I liked the fact that they stayed in the battle and I was able to command them. Teaching them multiple abilities, them having special skills (Shield/Boost) etc.

Not to mention my very first playthrough when I was what... 10? Was pretty much aeons based.

Stuff like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfNx6sU5pyA is super sexy imo.

So what about you, did you care for aeons at all?

Christmas
07-18-2014, 12:17 PM
I care for them a lot! I always ensure they are well fed and have enough clothing to wear. :bigsmile:

Although some of them prefer to stay naked, I can't believe it. :mymelbert:

Ayen
07-18-2014, 12:23 PM
I very much enjoy the summoning system in this game and prefer it to the others. I also enjoy how important summons and summoners are overall. It was a nice change to how they were before. Second place would have to go to FFVIII for me. I used summons the most in these two games than the rest of the series. Well, these two and FFVII.

Loony BoB
07-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Gotta be honest, I wasn't a fan of them. I prefer summons having a simpler role. Not so much "expensive spells" a la FFVII, but interactive spells a la FFVIII and easy come, easy go options like in FFXIII.

Dat Matt
07-19-2014, 11:39 PM
Not even slightly. My stance on Aeons has always been that I hate them. In FF10, I use them a shield for powerful attacks. They effectively waste a turn and then your party can jump back in, get their turn and be back on thier feet. It's pretty good.

Yellow_Magic
07-19-2014, 11:41 PM
Yeah, as much as I adored the gameplay in X it didn't really make sense to me to have them as separate characters essentially taking over battles.

Anima was tres cool tho

Mirage
07-20-2014, 01:46 AM
I liked them as characters, and i liked their designs. I do however think they are kind of useless in battle, other than for blitz strategies or meatshield strategies.

Pumpkin
07-20-2014, 06:14 AM
I really liked them I just wished there were more!

The Space Pope
07-20-2014, 06:20 AM
The only time I ever bothered with aeons is when I had to. I think FF8 was the only game=e I used summons without being forced into it.

Mirage
07-20-2014, 06:48 AM
I used to use summons pretty often until i started thinking about like mp:damage ratios and such. Not to mention, damage:time ratios.