PDA

View Full Version : The Remastered Music

Formalhaut
07-18-2014, 01:51 PM
I've only had the remaster for three days now but I seriously love the remastered music. I was in Besaid and listening to the rearranged music while running around the Waterfall Way was very nostalgic. The battle theme I think has improved over the original and I quite enjoy the boss battle theme. I'm not even in Luca yet, I can't wait to hear more rearranged music!

I am disappointed though that the FFX-2 soundtrack hasn't been touched at all (besides remastering, of course), apparently, that is what I hear.

What do you guys think of the remastered and rearranged music?

Sephiroth
07-18-2014, 02:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjDvosAj6ow

metagloria
07-18-2014, 02:15 PM
The X-2 soundtrack didn't need to be touched. I mean, maybe some of the darker, more orchestral pieces could have been bumped up, but...it's pretty much perfect as is.

Mirage
07-18-2014, 06:38 PM
I actually like most of the remastered tracks better. They weren't bad on PS2, but I find them better now.

StarCross1988
07-18-2014, 06:52 PM
It's really hit and miss with me. Some of them sound a little better, but I don't really think they needed to. :/

The Space Pope
07-19-2014, 07:00 AM
I haven't played a remaster but I'm listening to some of the songs now....a few are better but most feel a bit diminished to me. I'm sure part of it is because I'm just so used to the older versions, but I feel that a few songs simply should've been felt alone (Auron's Theme, for example). Like the above poster said, hit and miss.

Dat Matt
07-19-2014, 11:46 AM
I'm not a fan of the new battle song in FFX, but a lot of the other ones are pretty swell.

Luca for example was pretty good remastered. As was Tidus's theme.