PDA

View Full Version : Diving deep into the ocean!

Freya
07-18-2014, 03:42 PM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/d9435857d8634a05359e8ab41b7641db/tumblr_n4fjifYv1v1qzs75go1_1280.jpg

Do you like swimming? What about in open waters? Beaches or pools?

I love to swim but deep water freaks me out. More so when I can't see the bottom. If I have a life-jacket on though i'll float around endlessly until a shark eats me if I could.

Rantz
07-18-2014, 03:52 PM
I'm kinda the opposite about deep water. I don't like to float around on the surface if the water is deep, since I can't see far down, but I'd absolutely love to go scuba diving or something. I'd probably be scared doing it, but I think I'd love it anyway.

Pools are okay but I prefer swimming in lakes or the ocean. Feels fresher. I grew up swimming in the ocean every summer (rocky shores > sandy beaches!), so that's my favourite. :D

Christmas
07-18-2014, 03:56 PM
You can come swimming back to my womb. :bigsmile:

Pumpkin
07-18-2014, 04:01 PM
I love swimming but I haven't been in years. I would like to go soon!

sharkythesharkdogg
07-18-2014, 04:06 PM
I used to really like swimming, but I haven't been in a long time. With my hip issue, I'd probably seize up and drown now. :colbert:

Pumpkin
07-18-2014, 04:09 PM
I used to really like swimming, but I haven't been in a long time. With my hip issue, I'd probably seize up and drown now. :colbert:

I love swimming but I haven't been in years. I would like to go soon!

this was a hint for you

Araciel
07-18-2014, 04:17 PM
I like swimming in the lake. Have been in the ocean it was pretty nice.

Alive-Cat
07-18-2014, 04:51 PM
I am at home in the water, any water, especially huge bodies of water! :greenie:

Pike
07-18-2014, 04:53 PM
I greatly dislike swimming and water in general.

Shorty
07-18-2014, 05:07 PM
If I can't see the bottom, I'm not getting in. As a grown woman of 25 years, if I am alone in an swimming pool, I will scare myself about sharks and water demons. Wakeboarding was the most terrifying thing ever to me to have to float in the water before the boat started to go because I started thinking about sturgeons and other nasty, horrible things that might be residing in Utah Lake and oh god it was the worst.

I would love to go snorkeling around a reef one day but I'm terrified I will be crippled with fear :(

Shauna
07-18-2014, 05:09 PM
I don't mind swimming. I'm not very good at it though, and I probably spend more time flailing around than actually doing any swimming. I probably wouldn't be looking to do any maritime activities until I am a stronger swimmer.

I've never really been to any deep water that I can't see the bottom, but I imagine I wouldn't enjoy it too much.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-18-2014, 06:41 PM
I like swimming in pools. It's a lot of fun to use the diving board, as well. I love jumping in. It's also pretty serene just to float around with your ears underwater. It's almost like sensory deprivation.

I used to like swimming in lakes and rivers but for some reason as I got older I started to get paranoid about doing so. I'm honestly freaked out about accidentally kicking a fish or a dead body.

Ergroilnin
07-18-2014, 11:14 PM
I like swimming, that being said, I don't really go swim very often because I am too lazy to ride to closest lake and since I am from mid Europe, no sea for me except on holidays.

Also, I am afraid of swimming over deep areas where I can't really see the bottom. Not sure why though, never had any traumatic event of this kind. I guess I just don't enjoy the feeling of not knowing what's beneath me.

Psychotic
07-18-2014, 11:18 PM
I didn't swim at all between the ages of 10 and 25! Never had the opportunity, truth be told. I like to float on my back. I never used to be able to do that as a kid and now I can and it's awesome.

Ayen
07-18-2014, 11:20 PM
I never learned how to swim, so I have no idea if I would like it or not. Knowing how easy I am to scare, I'd probably shy away from anything I can't see the bottom of too. The ocean is scary as smurf.

Formalhaut
07-18-2014, 11:22 PM
I'm 19 and I can't swim at all.

I've never had lessons or even stepped into a pool because of body issues mainly. I wouldn't dare strip off in front of people. If I somehow had a private pool, then sure, I'd probably go into the water, but I'm clearly not rich enough to own one!

Not to mention, I imagine I'd probably be a pretty awful swimmer. It's a great shame really, because I think I'd love to be in the water. Maybe not even swim, but just being able to just float in the water, like on the beach.

Nevermind though!

jodymcdougle
07-19-2014, 12:02 AM
I love to swim! in the ocean, I'm okay as long as I'm with people. on a boat though, I kinda don't like the idea of being so far as to where I can't see any land. being on an airplane so high never bothered me once, but being on boats and not 100% sure of which way to "go back" was a little bit weird.

Shiny
07-19-2014, 12:17 AM
You and ya otters.

I wanted to try deep sea diving, but then I saw Open Water and I was like "nah I'm okay". I love swimming and first learned in my pool when I saw six years old. I almost drowned just a year prior in my grandmother's pool. Deep water is terrifying to me, but I still some how manage to brave it, but now I'd probably only go under water in pools or lakes. Definitely not the ocean. I get a minor panic attack when I go under water in Skyrim thinking something is going to swim out and get me.

MissH
07-19-2014, 01:33 AM
I love swimming. I could spend hours and hours in a swimming pool just chilling out. The sea is a totally different matter though! Even shallow sea freaks me out because you can't see what's hiding! I've been stung by a jelly fish twice in shallow water and my god does it hurt!! Also, no-one will ever convince me that there is no chance a shark will be hovering in shallow water ready to catch me. Several times I've stood on a rock and had a massive freak out thinking I'd stood on a shark or some other killer fish! Noooo thank you! I'll stick to the swimming pool thanks!

escobert
07-19-2014, 01:34 AM
No! Swimming is bad! Being wet is bad!

fire_of_avalon
07-19-2014, 01:55 AM
I am not a strong swimmer but there are few things in the world I love more than being in a river and paddling around. I always prefer swimming holes in rivers to most things, but the ocean is a close second. I like swimming pools when I'm alone in them or with people I know, I hate public pools with tons of people.

I can't dive for crap, though, and even though I would love to scuba I don't think I'll ever be a strong enough swimmer for that. Just don't get enough practice. I haven't been swimming at all this summer, which is sad making.

Christmas
07-19-2014, 02:33 AM

Ya, you might catch a cold and EXTINCT!! :(

Pike
07-24-2014, 12:02 PM

Agree 1000%

You guys can have your stupid ocean, I'm gonna stay here where it's nice and dry!

Pheesh
07-24-2014, 12:11 PM
I loooove swimming and I'm very confident in the water so deep water doesn't bother me. I don't mind snorkeling but I do get a bit freaked out, something about the total silence and knowing that down there you're basically powerless, it's terrifying but exhilarating at the same time. I think at some point Tara and I will try scuba diving, I'd love to go swimming with whale sharks at Ningaloo reef.

Rantz
07-24-2014, 12:38 PM
I loooove swimming and I'm very confident in the water so deep water doesn't bother me. I don't mind snorkeling but I do get a bit freaked out, something about the total silence and knowing that down there you're basically powerless, it's terrifying but exhilarating at the same time. I think at some point Tara and I will try scuba diving, I'd love to go swimming with whale sharks at Ningaloo reef.
TAKE ME WITH YOU