PDA

View Full Version : Blast those cutscenes!

Formalhaut
07-18-2014, 11:35 PM
I am very surprised that they didn't include the option to skip cutscenes in the remastered FFX. I was in Luca trying to win the Blitzball match against the Luca Goers (because damn it I'm going to win against those smug bastards!) and it took me three attempts to do it.

From the last save point available to you, to the actual start of the match, there's like three cutscenes inbetween, which can get quite tiresome after having to rewatch them again and again.

Was anyone else miffed by the lack of skipping in this game? I know it's a small issue and I'm loving the remaster so far, but the ability to skip a cutscene isn't hard to implement!

Ayen
07-18-2014, 11:39 PM
Not really. I enjoyed the cut-scenes, but never repeated a certain part enough for them to get on my nerves. It helps having played a game like Metal Gear Solid, which is known for its incredibly long cut-scenes, so FFX didn't hinder me much. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have the option to skip like you do in MGS4, though.

Shauna
07-18-2014, 11:41 PM
Never bothered me, because I am pro at Blitzball. :cool:

Formalhaut
07-18-2014, 11:43 PM

I'm pretty chuffed I won at attempt #3, really! It was a fairly tense, if not nerve-wracking 1-0 victory. Tidus's Jecht Shot was the clincher there.

Ergroilnin
07-19-2014, 01:17 AM
I haven't really gotten into the remaster yet but I am already sad that the cut scene skipping feature wasn't added. Sure for my first HD playthrough I will watch them all again but once I start doing challenge runs, it will become fairly annoying to watch.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-19-2014, 04:56 AM
I didn't have to repeat any cutscenes, I don't think, so it didn't bother me too much. It should have been added to the game though. Really, no game coming out now that has non-playable cutscenes should lack a way to skip them.

Dat Matt
07-19-2014, 11:45 PM

I'm pretty chuffed I won at attempt #3, really! It was a fairly tense, if not nerve-wracking 1-0 victory. Tidus's Jecht Shot was the clincher there.

I won 3-1 in our game during the lets play. Blitzball is much easier when the game is set to manual. The AI just runs at the enemy and it causes you to lose the ball a lot. So you can set it to manual, run away from the other team, and pass it to a striker with a faster speed than the defenders for an open goal. Usually works until you have brother who just runs through 3 defenders and has an open goal.