PDA

View Full Version : How do you game?

Wolf Kanno
07-19-2014, 08:40 AM
Simple question, what is your gaming routine like? Do you quickly bust out a handheld or phone and game on the bus to school/work, sit home on your sofa with some soda pop and chips while you kick back on your console, or do game on your PC between chatting with friends on social media or looking up strategies on Youtube/Gamefaqs?

Mo-Nercy
07-19-2014, 09:09 AM
I usually only ever play home consoles. I sit on the edge of the bed, barely a metre back from the screen. In the last place I lived in, it got ridiculously hot inside during summer, so I would turn the television to face out on the balcony and play from the outside.

When I do bust out the PSP, it's usually in the car or lying on the bed.

I'm not much of a snacker while I'm gaming. I don't like fooding up my controllers.

Ayen
07-19-2014, 09:12 AM
I'll be nice and comfy in my computer chair while facing the TV, controller in hand. The only thing between me and the TV being my bed. Some times I'll be eating and/or drinking soda while I play. I don't play on the PC nearly as much as I do consoles. I have trouble staying seated for a game as I'd rather be chatting online when I have the computer running.

Pete for President
07-19-2014, 09:33 AM
I make tea, boot up the game, play the game and forget about the tea until I'm done and it's gone cold :(

Christmas
07-19-2014, 09:34 AM
A mix of everything, like a massive orgy. :bigsmile:

Pike
07-19-2014, 10:17 AM
On my PC whilst on Skype with Mister Adequate :flirt:

Bubba
07-19-2014, 04:43 PM
It depends where I am.

If I'm at home then I'll be on my PS3 for a few hours getting immersed in a big game or relaxing with some MLB:The Show or FIFA

If I'm at Sophie's we'll be on the 3DS or the PS Vita depending on what game I have lined up for her next!

If I'm commuting to work (which is only around 15-30 mins on the train depending on where I come from) then I'll play a quick fix game of something on my phone. Usually Jetpack Joyride or 9-Ball pool.

Rez09
07-21-2014, 01:27 PM
I tend to play sitting in my chair in front of my PC, listening to Pandora or hanging out on Skype with people while playing LoL, Civ V, and Minecraft.

When it comes to consoles, I'm often laying on my bed unless I have company, in which case I'm generally sitting while we play fighting games. Because anyone who visits me will be forced to play fighting games. >: |

Pumpkin
07-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Ohh I want chips now!

Handhelds in bed or when boyfriend is watching a show I don't like or a few hours on the couch playing games. If boyfriend is home, I'll try not to play for more than an hour so I don't hog the TV, and then after he watches a show or two, I'll play a bit more again

Fynn
07-21-2014, 01:49 PM
Handhelds all the way. Anywhere, anytime :cool:

Formalhaut
07-21-2014, 01:55 PM
If it's on a console, then I'll be in my room, seated on my bed (I'm in a pretty small room you see, no chairs in there!). I normally have a drink beside me but I don't tend to eat when I'm playing - not because I'm worried about the controller, more because of the annoyance of having to pause, eat, unpause, and so on.

If it's on a handheld, I never play games outside of the house (unless it's masked by it being on an iPad) so I generally play those games either in my room or downstairs in the living room, with the television on in the background.

If it's on a PC, well, the games I have on the laptop is The Sims 3 and emulations, and that's normally in the living room. Again, drink beside me.

If it's on the iPad, I can play it anywhere, because from an outside perspective, I could be reading the news on it for all they know, so I don't feel embarrassed that I'm playing Phoenix Wright or some other game!

Shorty
07-21-2014, 05:20 PM
I get comfy on my couch, usually with a coffee, in the most slothful position possible. Since purchasing my Xbox last year, I will never go back to PC gaming (unless it’s to play the old Sierra DOS games because I freaking love those).

Also, I become obsessive and cram as much as I can in for a few days and then decide I cba to finish it because I’m burnt out and stretch the game out for about 2-3 years before I actually complete it. :shobon: I can expect to probably finish FFIX sometime in 2016.

metagloria
07-21-2014, 05:41 PM
I often play a handheld for a few minutes on the subway to and from work. At home, I kick my feet up in a recliner and go at it, often late at night after the wife and baby are asleep.

Madame Adequate
07-21-2014, 05:55 PM
I get comfy on my couch, usually with a coffee, in the most slothful position possible. Since purchasing my Xbox last year, I will never go back to PC gaming (unless it’s to play the old Sierra DOS games because I freaking love those).

Man I'm full PC these days but I admit, I dearly wish I could play PC stuff in a more comfortable position :(

escobert
07-21-2014, 06:30 PM
In my chair at my desk in front of the command center!

I used to play my PC in a lazyboy. It was cool for awhile but it got very annoying and I couldn't wait to use a desk again.

Del Murder
07-27-2014, 09:02 PM
These days most of my gaming is on the bus or train to work and is limited to handhelds. However I do try to squeeze in an hour or 2 of PS3 every couple weeks.

AssassinDX
07-28-2014, 02:00 PM
Most of my gaming is done on PC with a standard desk and office chair setup, I used to have my own 'man cave' which was home to that, a 32" TV and a sofabed for when guests stay over, but we've got my girlfriends teenage brother living with us for at least the next year so the PC is in my bedroom while he has the man cave as his bedroom.

I used to play console games on the 32" TV usually, but the aforementioned teenager currently has use of that as well as my Xbox 360 as I barely play it. Currently I use the 42" one in the living room but I don't have a chance to do that as much as I'd like to due to it being in use by other family members most of the time they're home.

I don't eat while gaming but I always have some sort of beverage nearby.

Noire
07-29-2014, 09:51 PM
Unless I have a specific goal or I get utterly absorbed in the game in question (which doesn't happen outside of very good JRPGs or monster hunting games these days) I tend to game in short bursts; about an hour at a time, followed by a two hour break or so. Handhelds I'll usually play downstairs, curled up in my favourite chair. All my consoles are in my bedroom; I'll sit on my bed to play those.

I have a lot of guides for my games, but I tend to use those as reference material, for maps and occasionally enemy stats, etc, rather than for directions on where I should go or what I should do. I rarely game with my laptop on (unless I get extremely frustrated and need to look something up, and I prefer to use my iPod or PS Vita for that if I can; it's quicker...usually) and I never eat whilst I'm gaming. I usually have a glass of something with a straw to absently sip in the afternoons though, especially in hot weather. I don't really have a set time for gaming, although as a general guideline I game between 7am and 9pm...after 9pm I find that I dream about the game I've been playing, which is rarely fun.

Uchu
08-04-2014, 07:56 AM
As sitting down for a long session of gaming is almost impossible as of late, handhelds are proving their worth big time. Especially my Vita, which is loaded with PS games. Being able to load up old PS games and play them wherever I am with the convenience of save states is a (gaming) life saver, especially true for long RPG's with even longer cut scenes.