PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Media

Wolf Kanno
07-19-2014, 08:42 AM
Do you have certain gaming themed webcomics, YouTube series, or reviewers that you always check out?

Ayen
07-19-2014, 08:48 AM
I used to check out Ansem Retort, and AVGN pretty frequently, but since one doesn't update anymore and the second doesn't update as often as he used to, I don't have much in the way of "Gaming Media" anymore.

Pete for President
07-19-2014, 09:31 AM
EoFF because you guys are cool, smart and honest about the games you like.

I check Zero Punctuation and Jimquisition every week, and I peek at IGN and Gamekings every now and then.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-19-2014, 04:36 PM
I check out IGN for news stuff. As for shows about gaming, I always check out new stuff from James Rolfe on Cinemassacre. I actually rewatch some of his old AVGN stuff quite a bit too. I also watch any new Jontron stuff that comes out and will occasionally peak into the other offerings at Normalboots.com. I frequently rewatch old Mega64 videos as well! I'm currently rewatching Red vs Blue too!

I don't really check out any certain reviewers. If I'm curious about a game or system or whatever, I'll just search for a bunch of reviews and not pay that much attention to the reviewer. I don't follow any webcomics anymore, but there was a time I'd read VGCats pretty frequently.

Wolf Kanno
07-20-2014, 10:16 PM
Penny Arcade and Zero Punctuation are probably the only two I follow anymore. I loved 8-Bit Theater but he actually finished the series. My friend has been trying to get me into Egorapter so now I have all these damn Star Bomb songs stuck in my head. Have to admit his Sequelitis series is pretty good.

Siliconera and news updates is where I get most of my news, for reviews I look around to various sites. I like to check out GameFaqs and read the reviews cause they amuse me. I also use Backloggery to keep track of my game library.

krissy
07-20-2014, 10:55 PM
Hey Ash Watcha Playing

Ayen
07-25-2014, 12:15 AM
I can add Continue Play, N4G, Games Press, and Reddit to my list.

Dat Matt
07-25-2014, 07:51 PM
I check reddit pretty much daily, but I used to read Ctrl+Alt+Del and VG cats. Got bored of them eventually so I haven't read into them in years. Then again that's probably only 3 VG vats comics.

Bolivar
07-25-2014, 08:12 PM
I lurk the Neogaf forums and read/post at Polygon. My go-to used to be Joystiq but they don't really have as many posts.

Lately I've been watching videos on the IGN app on PS4. I like being able to queue up a bunch of clips, some short, some brief, and just hear what they have to say. My favorites are the shows where they just comment on what's going on, as they have a nice range of opinions.

Colonel Angus
07-26-2014, 08:15 AM
1. Eyes on Final Fantasy :doublecolbert:

2. AVGN/James & Mike Play/Cinemassacre on Youtube

3. Pat the NES Punk on Youtube

4. Game Theory, even though I haven't seen anything from them in a while

5. Did You Know Gaming Tumblr, even though it's rare for them to update

6. Rinry on Youtube, but she popped out a couple of kids & disappeared

Slothy
07-26-2014, 06:18 PM
EoFF because you guys are cool, smart and honest about the games you like.

I check Zero Punctuation and Jimquisition every week,

Pretty much this for me. I don't watch Zero Punctuation every week any more though. Mostly just when he's reviewing a game that sounds interesting. I don't exactly need to see him review AAA games to know that most of them are shit.