PDA

View Full Version : What if you could play as the villains?

Ayen
07-19-2014, 11:03 AM
If you could pick one Final Fantasy game you wanted and play as the villains, which games would you choose? Which villains would you choose if the game had multiple villains?

I'd probably go with VII so I could play as Shinra and the Turks, for starters. That would be cool. I'd also like to play as the Galbadia and Alexandra soldiers in VIII and IX respectively, as well as Edea from FFVIII. Of course, I'd also love to play as Sin in X and wreck trout up. Final Fantasy: Godzilla Edition.

Wolf Kanno
07-19-2014, 07:19 PM
From a story standpoint, I feel Golbez, Turks, and the Archadian Judges would be the most insightful and interesting to see unfold but that is largely because most of them are antagonist as opposed to true villains.

In terms of who would be the most fun though, Kefka, it would be GTA with Magic.

Colonel Angus
07-19-2014, 07:24 PM
Yeah, I agree w/ :wcanoe: on Kefka. You could do a lot of damage as him. Maybe I'd get rid of General Leo much earlier. Maybe I'd destroy more towns in the World of Ruin.

Pumpkin
07-19-2014, 07:26 PM
Luc from Suikode... oh wait

In Final Fantasy? Sin :bigsmile:

Wolf Kanno
07-19-2014, 07:27 PM
*Kefka enters a village*

Game: What do you do?
1. Burn the Village to the ground
2. Talk to the townsfolk and shop, then burn the village to the ground
3. Steal Candy from babies, then burn the village to the ground.
4. Set fire to every citizen of the town, then burn the village to the ground

Colonel Angus
07-19-2014, 08:43 PM

I imagine a Sin game being like Rampage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampage_(video_game)).

ScottNUMBERS
07-19-2014, 08:43 PM
The main mistake FF villains make is waiting patiently for the heroes to swing by their final dungeon, by which point they (the heroes) are well prepared with their higher levels, maxed stats, ultimate equipment and magic. If I was to play the role of an FF villain I would take out any potential heroes as soon as they present themselves, if I can find them before they learn Fire 2 they - and the world - are pretty smurfed.

Ayen
07-20-2014, 12:27 AM
I can't believe I forgot about Kefka in my list.

I imagine a Sin game being like Rampage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampage_(video_game)).

OMG yes this!

Dat Matt
07-20-2014, 01:39 AM
I'd play as the space pope from FFXIII. Maybe then I could make heads or tails of his motives in the story and try and figure out what the hell was going on in that game.

The Man
07-20-2014, 02:34 AM
Kefka is of course the objectively correct answer to this thread, for reasons :wcanoe: said.

Christmas
07-20-2014, 03:00 AM
Don Corneo!!! :bigsmile:

Everyday will be bang bang day~~~:heart:

Ayen
07-20-2014, 03:02 AM
Kefka is of course the objectively correct answer to this thread, for reasons :wcanoe: said.

Sorry, The Man.

But this is now the official objectively correct answer to this thread.

The Man
07-20-2014, 03:05 AM
nah, I'm pretty sure a murder simulator would be more fun than a sex simulator. Actual sex, on the other hand, you might have a point :monster:

Ayen
07-20-2014, 03:08 AM
Oculus Rift. It's coming.

Wolf Kanno
07-20-2014, 03:25 AM
It's still considered masturbation ToriJ ;)

DarkBahamut
07-21-2014, 12:29 AM

THIS :bigsmile:

And I don't think many people are thinking about this, but-

FF Tactics' Zodiac Stone wielders, the Lucavi demons!! Honestly, being a corrupt church in that amazing story with wits, deception, and PURE evil would be the true villain experience.

Mercen-X
07-23-2014, 04:32 AM
FF7 trio: Sephiroth, Genesis, Angeal

DarkBahamut
07-23-2014, 06:10 AM
FF7 trio: Sephiroth, Genesis, Angeal

That would be absolutely amazing to play as a hero who slowly digresses into a villain.