PDA

View Full Version : "I thank you, good sers, I will gladly share your trout."

fire_of_avalon
07-19-2014, 04:30 PM
I'm reading A Feast for Crows and Brienne is hanging out with some guys eating trout and I cannot stop giggling because trout has an entirely different connotation for me because of EoFF.

Have you ever had an EoFF meme or reference spill over into your life outside of EoFF? Have you ever laughed madly about something you couldn't quite explain to anyone who wasn't an EoFFer? Share these times.

Mo-Nercy
07-19-2014, 04:37 PM
I play a mobile game called Ingress which divides players into two teams called the Resistance and the Enlightened. Players, the portals they claim and the fields they make are represented in blue and green respectively. I don't know if this is the case in other parts of the world, but in my city, me and my fellow Resistance teammates refers to ourselves as smurfs.

It took me by surprise the first time I'd heard it. A player I hadn't previously met before spotted me playing once and came up to me and asked "Hey, are you a smurf?" I worked out that what he'd meant, but I couldn't help but laugh internally at what that would've meant on EoFF.

Pike
07-19-2014, 05:10 PM

"Go to smurf, Brainy! We'll smurf what we like!"

"Go smurf a kite!"

Ayen
07-20-2014, 12:38 AM
I had the same reaction when I read Arya's, "A wolf with a trout in its mouth?" line in the first book.

Shorty
07-20-2014, 03:10 AM
I constantly mistake trout for the EoFF filter. One of our client portfolios at work has an asset with "Trout" in the name and the connotation of the text is just hilarious.