PDA

View Full Version : Charmed

Ayen
07-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Anyone here watched Charmed? I didn't become a fan of this show until way after it ended. I only saw bits and pieces of the Eighth Season beforehand. A couple of years back, I decided to pick up some of the first season because I was an Alyssa Milano fan and fell in love with it. I liked Phoebe and Piper at the start, but eventually fell in love with the whole cast. Even Prue. I now have the entire series on DVD and go back to watch it whenever the mood strike me. The quality started to dip in latter seasons, but I stuck with it all the same.

I think Piper is one of the best women characters ever portrayed on television. She did it all: be a sister, a mother, a wife, a witch, a hero, a leader, a cook, a successful businesswoman, suffer through being the middle-child, and has the coolest power. If she isn't queen of the mulitaskers then I don't know who is. No way could I have shuffled through all of that. I know they have a Season Nine in comic books, but I haven't checked them out. After the Buffy and Angel comics I'm a little afraid to.

Discuss.

jodymcdougle
07-20-2014, 03:40 PM
I never got into Charmed. I like a lot of the actresses from the show though!

there was a showed the I loved called Heroes that was canceled. I read that they would try and show the ending of the series through Comic Books. is this something that Charmed and Buffy did as well?

Shauna
07-20-2014, 03:46 PM
Charmed was pretty fun. Then they switched one of the sisters out. It went downhill a fair bit there. Then they had that dumb magic school with Penny from the Big Bang Theory and I was pretty happy that it was not continued from that point onwards.

Colonel Angus
07-20-2014, 03:50 PM
I liked Charmed & watched it when it first ran. Piper was my favorite, too. Phoebe was always kind of stupid, then they tried to make her the leader which was lulz, because Piper was the leader. Who's the Boss now, Witch!

Ayen
07-20-2014, 03:52 PM
I never got into Charmed. I like a lot of the actresses from the show though!

there was a showed the I loved called Heroes that was canceled. I read that they would try and show the ending of the series through Comic Books. is this something that Charmed and Buffy did as well?

A lot of shows have continued on in comic books. Buffy was the first one I heard of that's done this, having Season Eight and are currently going through Season Nine. Angel did it too. Charmed has a "Season Nine" through comic books, but I don't know if it has any more after that. Smallville also continued in comic books and even Firefly is going that route. It seems to be the new trend that shows that get cancelled continue on in comic books.

Charmed was pretty fun. Then they switched one of the sisters out. It went downhill a fair bit there. Then they had that dumb magic school with Penny from the Big Bang Theory and I was pretty happy that it was not continued from that point onwards.

I liked Paige, and didn't mind Billie all that much, but I have to admit the writing did turn downhill the further on it went. I started to notice it in Season Five, myself. I think Four was the last great Charmed season, though even it had some flaws. Losing Prue wasn't their fault, though, if my information is correct. The popular theory is that Shannen and Alyssa had some heat backstage and it turned into a "one or the other" choice and they went with Alyssa because her character was more popular.

Shauna
07-20-2014, 04:00 PM
Oh no, I know about all the backstage drama, but it doesn't make the finished product any more enjoyable for me. xD

Ayen
07-20-2014, 04:16 PM
I liked Charmed & watched it when it first ran. Piper was my favorite, too. Phoebe was always kind of stupid, then they tried to make her the leader which was lulz, because Piper was the leader. Who's the Boss now, Witch!

I don't remember that. When was this?

Oh no, I know about all the backstage drama, but it doesn't make the finished product any more enjoyable for me. xD

I really just wanted an excuse to talk about it.

Pumpkin
07-21-2014, 06:02 AM
I liked Paige and the first few seasons after she joined were my favourite. I stopped watching when the whole magic school thing started

Piper and what's his name's relationship. Talk about drama, geez

Ayen
07-21-2014, 06:06 AM
Piper and what's his name's relationship. Talk about drama, geez

I see your Piper and Leo, and raise you Phoebe and Cole!

The writers obviously never heard of the phrase "quit while you're ahead."

Pumpkin
07-21-2014, 06:06 AM
oh Cole

:lol:

Mercen-X
07-23-2014, 03:21 AM
I watched this series beginning to end. My favorite characters: Piper, Cole...

I tried to requisition an art piece from black orb showing the sisters in all their individually powerful glory: Phoebe hovering in the air while wearing a devilish red outfit. Paige in white orbing similarly. Pru decked out in jewels while telekinetically lifting herself in a regal-looking chair. And Piper standing out in front "dressed to kill" (as in Cole's Alternate Timeline) wielding the Excalibur. He never got around to it. Too much on his plate.

escobert
07-23-2014, 03:36 AM
One of my ex's loved it so I watched a fair amount of episodes. It was funny not horrible :p

blackmage_nuke
07-23-2014, 04:40 AM
I liked it back when I was at the age where I liked any show with an awesome opening song and the fact that everyone had magical powers sealed the deal. I watched it sporadically and enjoyed it but I dont know how I'd feel about it now, or how I'd feel if I actually followed the ongoing storyline.

On a side note I also liked The Craft.

Ergroilnin
07-24-2014, 04:20 PM
Damn I watched this show when I was little and loved it big time! Gotta get down to it on Netflix again.

Shorty
07-24-2014, 05:05 PM
I was forbidden from watching Charmed as a kid but Xena, Friends, and Will & Grace was okay. So I don't really get that.

Ergroilnin
07-24-2014, 07:47 PM
Uh why forbid charmed?

Shorty
07-24-2014, 07:50 PM
Because it promoted witchcraft and sensual, immodest dresswear.

Ergroilnin
07-24-2014, 08:50 PM
Uh sometimes on internet I feel like I had the most benevolent parents ever.

MissH
07-24-2014, 09:03 PM
I religiously watched Charmed for years. It was a fantastic program. I loved the thrill of it. Plus,I had/have a major girl crush on Alyssa Milano. She is a seriously hot woman!

I was gutted when Prue died, I didn't know how they were going to carry on the series and be successful. I did get used to the idea of not having her around, I still think the original Charmed series with Pru are the best ones though!

*sings* I am the sun... And the air... I AM HEAVEN AND I NEED TO BE LOVED...:)

blackmage_nuke
07-25-2014, 02:22 AM

I don't want to be the devil's avacado but it's "son" and "heir". If you listen to the full song it makes sense in context

MissH
07-25-2014, 04:24 PM
Well, you learn something new every day!

I don't want to be the devil's avacado but it's "son" and "heir". If you listen to the full song it makes sense in context

Pumpkin
07-25-2014, 04:25 PM
I've always liked how it could go both ways (unofficially)

It's a really good song. Kind of depressing though if you listen to the whole thing