PDA

View Full Version : Lucid Dreams

Night Fury
07-20-2014, 05:28 PM
I've always been able to lucid dream. When I was a kid it started with me being able to become 'aware' when having a nightmare, and I could 'close' the nightmare and wake up. Recently though my dreams have become pretty cool.

The other night I had this dream that I was being chased or something - there was some 'baddy' and it was becoming quite nightmarish and I then became aware of the dream so 'conjured' up a dragon to ride around on! I just imagined that a dragon would be there and he was. It made the dream collapse or something though and almost woke me up being aware of my dream but it was sooooooo cool. I don't always have lucid dreams but every now and again I do.

I have also had sleep paralysis a few times now which is scary as hell!

Does anyone else lucid dream? or have any weird sleep/dream things? :D

Leen-Leen
07-20-2014, 11:11 PM
I've had lucid dreams a couple of times... I tried doing that thing where you actually pursue having a lucid dream. It worked maybe once, but then I experienced sleep paralysis for the first time and it scared the crap out of me. Ever since then, I can't bring myself to lucid dream again. If I ever get the feeling that I'm in a dream, instead of trying to lucid dream, I just wake myself up. Sleep paralysis is too scary for me! T_T

Although I wish I could lucid dream again! Being able to call up a dragon sounds fun :jess:

Sephiroth
07-20-2014, 11:12 PM
When I was a kid it started with me being able to become 'aware' when having a nightmare, and I could 'close' the nightmare and wake up. Recently though my dreams have become pretty cool.

I can also control my dreams, though I am not always aware of them making it no daily thing. Normal for a lucid dreamer. Or a human.

Ayen
07-21-2014, 12:19 AM
I've always been aware that I was having a dream while I was dreaming, so I always been able to lucid dream to an extent. I never really been able to control it beyond a few minor tweaks here and there, though. My dreams are devoid of sense and I think they thrive off of that. My last dream had to do with being on the Star Trek Enterprise D while being attacked "Aliens" and "Predators." Poor Geordi. He walked right into a corner with one of the Predators waiting for him.

Before that I had a dream Obama launch a nuke at Japan because they were holding Americans hostage, and the world shrunk because we all felt the explosion that ensued when it landed. I even saw the nuke fly over my house. It almost stopped to fall on us O_O

~*~Celes~*~
07-21-2014, 12:00 PM
I love lucid dreaming but sleep paralysis makes it hard to come out of nightmares when it happens :/

noxious.sunshine
07-21-2014, 05:21 PM
Big ole NOPE.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-21-2014, 08:03 PM
I've had the ability to lucid dream ever since I was pretty little, but it doesn't happen often anymore. I honestly find my dreams more interesting when I just let them run their course than when I try to take control of them. Anytime I start to lucid dream anymore it just causes the dream to collapse and I wake up anyways.

Sleep paralysis is a thing I experience every once in a while. The first time it happened to me was one of the scariest times in my life since I didn't know what was going on.

The only other sleep things I can think of are just the fact of how realistic my dreams are. All of my senses seem to work just as they do when I'm awake. There's lots of weird crap going on in the dreams, but how I experience that weird stuff seems realistic. My dreams also tend to follow continuing storylines. There are about 5 ongoing storylines my dreams switch between at the moment I believe. I could dream about travelling an abandoned train yard, for example, and then not dream about it again for 10 years. But then suddenly I'll have a dream that picks up exactly where that last one left off. Also, anytime someone tells me it's impossible to do something in dreams (die, feel pain, read, make up faces you don't know, punch someone, etc), my dream that night tends to be completely about doing that one thing that's supposed to be impossible.

Iceglow
07-21-2014, 08:32 PM
I tend to have more lucid dreams than non-lucid dreams. I can generally tell which is which because in lucid dreams whenever I jump in the dream I get the style of vertigo inducing "OMFG I'm gonna drop" that Neo does in the Matrix when he first attempts the Jump simulation. I never actually fall but it feels like it every time whether I'm leaping buildings or jumping off the bottom step of the staircase. I hate it due to the fact that me and vertigo are sworn enemies.

For me the dreams which are lucid are always hyper realistic, even if the setting is something from a fantasy world/universe. I once dreamt I was in the Imperial Guard and the dream ended abruptly when a chaos Warlord Titan stepped on me. (it was not pleasant waking up from that I can tell you!). In most cases I can change my dream with varying levels of success; as my subconscious tends to make the repercussions of changing events play out in quite realistic form, mysteriously avoid certain death or defeat in one aspect and you'll see an escalation based upon my escape. As such, events such as the Titan stomp occurred because I changed other stuff and my subconscious imagination seized upon the opportunity to make any thoughts I had of being able to avoid the Titan crushing me to death would be inevitably futile (not much wins against a 100ft tall walking monstrosity with the power to level a continent).

My lucid dreams are also often marked by certain similarities, people whom I dream of in one dream will crop up in another, it can make for some pretty amusing dreams but also some terrible ones too. I die quite often in dreams and the result is generally the same, it goes black and I wake up panicked and sweating checking myself over to make sure I'm all in the right place. That being said: I've never consciously experienced sleep paralysis, the idea of being frozen with fear is alien to me.

Alive-Cat
07-21-2014, 10:37 PM
As a child my nightmares were so terrible and like every single night, I taught myself to become aware and wake up whenever I wanted much like you! I could also conjure up whatever I wanted and change the dream also. I can very rarely do this now :( but then, I rarely remember my dreams now, and when I do, they are just these huge epic long mental stories usually with other planets and aliens/fish people/running away from some huge thing for ages.

Pumpkin
07-21-2014, 10:39 PM
I can lucid day dream :bigsmile:??