PDA

View Full Version : The "Original" Creations

Formalhaut
07-20-2014, 07:03 PM
I'm always somewhat disappointed by these set of fiends in the Monster Arena. I mean, out of all of them, only one (Neslug) is actually an 'original' design. All the others are palette swaps from earlier bosses.

Would it have been so hard to create seven more completely brand new fiends? It seems slightly lazy, from where I'm standing.

Sephiroth
07-20-2014, 07:06 PM
You are not alone here. If anything the Ultima Buster should have been a WEAPON (though I understand the strongest one being one). Nemesis and Shinryu should also have gotten another look. And Shinryu should have been an Airship battle.

Dat Matt
07-20-2014, 11:48 PM
I never really went into the monster arena, something I hope to correct in this run.

How difficult are the origonal creation monsters?

Sephiroth
07-21-2014, 12:13 AM
I never really went into the monster arena, something I hope to correct in this run.

How difficult are the origonal creation monsters?

Celestial Weapon and Stat 150-200+ level.

Jessweeee♪
07-21-2014, 12:14 AM
They're pretty tricky. I had to exploit the Don Tonberry AP trick to get buff enough to fight them.

Christmas
07-21-2014, 02:02 AM
It sux when the original creations aren't original. Must be another one of the classic mistranslation. :mymelbert:

:save:Final Fantasy Hunt and Guess:save:

Details are here

http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/158449-Final-Fantasy-Hunt-and-Guess!

http://i.imgur.com/g0bey0T.png

Sephiroth
07-21-2014, 02:12 AM
It sux when the original creations aren't original. Must be another one of the classic mistranslation. :mymelbert:

Nope.

Ergroilnin
07-21-2014, 07:18 AM
Well theY are original as in you can't find them anywhere else in the game but I do agree that making few new sprites or at least changing the old ones more than just with a palette swap would be good.

As for the difficulty, they can all be killed in No Sphere Grid game without zanmato (even though that makes a big use of powered up aeons and Shinryu is very luck based fight that can take well over 1000 tries.)

Pete for President
07-24-2014, 09:47 PM
I'm always somewhat disappointed by these set of fiends in the Monster Arena. I mean, out of all of them, only one (Neslug) is actually an 'original' design. All the others are palette swaps from earlier bosses.

Would it have been so hard to create seven more completely brand new fiends? It seems slightly lazy, from where I'm standing.

Maybe. But I don't think we can underestimate the amount of time and effort (and therefor money) that goes into concept art, modelling and animating a single creature and it's abilities.

It would have been nice, but I don't mind the rehashed versions too much.