PDA

View Full Version : Naps

Ayen
07-21-2014, 02:31 AM
Do you take naps when you know you need to rest, but don't have time for the full eight hours? Do you go for the recommended 15 minutes, 30, or does it depend? Has a nap ever turned to you oversleeping? :eep:

I go for 15 or 30 minutes depending on how tired I am. I tried having a 30 minute nap today to get ready for my interview, but ended up sleeping until the afternoon instead so we had to reschedule.

Discuss.

Shorty
07-21-2014, 02:36 AM
I can't do power naps. Once I'm down, I'm down for 1-4 hours.

I had a nap this afternoon, actually! I don't like taking them because they make me sluggish for the rest of the day and mess upwith my sleep schedule, but I was up late with some friends last night and didn't get much sleep. And also Sunday is a good day for naps, as it is.

noxious.sunshine
07-21-2014, 03:01 AM
I like naps, but I never am able to take a good one.

Once I'm up for the day, I'm pretty much up, regardless of how tired I am.

Pumpkin
07-21-2014, 03:08 AM
I nap between 1 and 3 hours. I love naps

StarCross1988
07-21-2014, 04:22 AM
I only really nap if I'm about to drop dead. It usually ends up being a couple hours and I feel worse than I did before I fell asleep. These happened a lot on the afternoons of my 3am shifts.

~*~Celes~*~
07-21-2014, 04:50 AM
Naps are my best friend right now. However my son only naps for an hour at the most, so I don't usually get to nap as long as I want.

Ayen
07-21-2014, 05:21 AM
I can't do power naps.

I only had one successful fifteen minute nap so far. Some times I need rest, but going the full eight hours is going to screw my schedule up so I need to settle for a nap to recharge so I can make it the rest of the day.

Yamaneko
07-21-2014, 05:44 AM
I nap between 1 and 3 hours. I love naps

That's a long span of time for naps.

Mo-Nercy
07-21-2014, 10:53 AM
I'm a big fan of naps. During my shift work days, I'd often have an hour or two between having to set off to another job. I became quite an expert at sleeping in my tiny little hatchback as a result.

Alive-Cat
07-21-2014, 10:40 PM
I can sleep so easily most of the time, like a cat. But admittedly when I wake up afterwards my body feels like it's made of cement and moving is so hard so I just want to sleep more. Going for a run is the only thing that cures this!

Mirage
07-21-2014, 11:08 PM
Naps are really dangerous for me. They always end up way longer than I intend, and i have no way of telling in advance how much longer they will end up.

LunarWeaver
07-21-2014, 11:46 PM
At first I was like, "smurf you, mom, with your mothersmurfing naps :mad2: You can go to North Korea and die with that trout."

Then I became a teenager and was all about them. Loved me some nap action. Just 30 minutes here or there, nothing crazy.

Until I was an older teenager. That trout was for babies and trifling bitches, pft.

Then I went to college and they were smurfing great again. Why did I hate these as a toddler? I often thought to myself.

I passed 25 and the urge to take them went away. Maybe I feel I spend too much of my life asleep already. I'm already 28! Who has time to sleep?!

Currently waiting for their inevitable comeback.

escobert
07-22-2014, 02:56 AM
I love taking naps! I take one every day if I can!

Christmas
07-22-2014, 03:07 AM
WITH YOUR GOLEM!?

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-22-2014, 03:59 AM
I nap all the fucking time. I napped today. And yesterday. And two days before that.
I nap almost every day.
It does fuck with my sleep schedule though.

I usually nap 1-4 hours. Which means I don't usually go to bed until midnight. Only to get up at five in the A.M.

Which means I get to nap when I get home from work! Yay!

escobert
07-22-2014, 02:51 PM
WITH YOUR GOLEM!?

I use him as a pillow :bigsmile: