PDA

View Full Version : FFVA: music patch or not

Sefie1999AD
07-21-2014, 10:31 PM
The GBA version of Final Fantasy V provides many great features, such as an improved translation and a smoother user interface. However, the sound quality of GBA is pretty bad. I found this (http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/563/) fan-made hack, which makes the music sound closer to the SNES version. I haven't had much time to test the patch, but when I tried it, the music quality still wasn't as good as on SNES, and the music sounded like mono to me.

What are your opinions about the music patch? Do you like it or not? Would you rather play with the original GBA music or with the patched music?

Karifean
07-21-2014, 10:51 PM
Out of IV Advance, V Advance and VI Advance I can honestly say that I much preferred the SNES soundtrack of IV and VI to their GBA counterparts, however V is completely different. I really prefer the GBA soundtrack of FFV.

Mirage
07-21-2014, 10:55 PM
The SNES soundtrack sounds better... on a SNES. I didn't feel like it made much of a difference when I used it on the GBA version, it's mostly the audio quality of the GBA that I think is worse, which can't be fixed by this patch.

I don't remember if I even tried the music patches for FF4 and FF6, so i can't make judgement on those patches.