PDA

View Full Version : What game have you played the longest?

Ergroilnin
07-22-2014, 07:20 AM
Okay so we have topics about hardest games or your most favorite games but I wonder what game did you play for the longest time?

There are few games for me that I played really a lot so I will make a list based on genre.

MMORPG: Ragnarok Online - My most beloved game ever, I think that over the eight years I played on multiple servers I am close to 10 000 hours not even kidding and I would still play more if there were decent servers left.

Action RPG: Diablo 2/LoD - Oh man I spent so much time on this one as well I played it pretty much constantly from age 9 - 12 so I think there are few thousand hours here as well.

Strategy: Warcraft 3 - Oh how I still love this game, I mostly used to play custom maps, tower defenses the most. Hard to say how much time I spent on this but it's alot as well.

Console game: FFX - I maxed the whole grid including luck with all characters twice for Penance, played through it normally at least five times taking my time and did few challenge run that took alot of preparation so I guess my final time so far here is somewhere between 500 - 750 hours for all playthroughs. Not to mention I plan to do it all again now with HD remaster.

So that's me. I spent an ungodly amount of time on games and frankly I don't regret that at all. All the games I spent so much time on are those who are really enjoyable and important to me. Not to mention I got lots of friends from my RO/Diablo 2 days I wouldn't met otherwise.

What about you? What game/games did you spend most time on? What's your estimate game time and do you regret spending such hours on game?

Ayen
07-22-2014, 07:28 AM
Tough one. It's been so long and I never pay attention to the time on any game I play. I think in the past I spent the most hours on Monster Rancher, Metal Gear Solid, BattleTanx Global Assault, Evil Zone, Game Dev Tycoon, Game of Thrones Ascent, and pretty much every single wrestling and FF game I could get my hands on. Back before I had a computer I would play games when the sun came up till the sun went down when I didn't go outside. I'd even eat while playing them.

I regret nothing.

Pheesh
07-22-2014, 08:52 AM
I think Diablo 2 would be up there, but I'd be fast approaching it, if not already past it, with my playtime of Diablo 3. As for non-timesink games, probably Kingdom Hearts 1. Originally I wasn't able to get past a boss so my first playthrough would have taken quite a long time. Since then I've probably completed the game about 4 more times, and some of those have been the level 99, collect everything, spend 100 hours playthroughs.

Pike
07-22-2014, 10:12 AM
6000 hours in World of Warcraft. My main regret is that I didn't spend 5000 of those hours in other games.

Hundreds of hours on the Pokemon series. ~700 on Civ IV. Probably ~1000 on StarCraft Brood War.

Mo-Nercy
07-22-2014, 10:17 AM
Soul Calibur 2. I don't think I've ever devoted that much time and effort into a single game before.

Endless
07-22-2014, 10:25 AM
Console & Action RPG : Legend of Mana
"Regular" RPG would be FFVI or CT.
PC: WoW
The strategy game I played most... not sure, I think I spent similar times on WC2, WC3, SC, SC2 and FFT not too far behind.

Edit: forget that, most played strategy/tactical is Disgaea. How could I forget it?

Rocket Edge
07-22-2014, 10:59 AM
Good question. It's hard to say exactly. MMO is FF14 - but it's the only one I've properly played. Strategy is either Dungeon Keeper 1 or Warzone 2100. Heaven knows how much hours I wasted on them. On console it's a toss up between Call of Duty: World at War, Modern Warfare 3, or Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Great fun playing online. As for RPG, it would have to be FFX, maybe VIII.

Pete for President
07-22-2014, 11:36 AM
Dark Souls +- 700-800 hours
Final Fantasy X +- 400 hours
GTA Vice City +- 500 hours

Little regrets with these games, I just wish I hadn't invested any hours into games not as worth playing like MW2 multiplayer or Guitar Hero.

Pumpkin
07-22-2014, 12:45 PM
Probably Xenosaga I

Rantz
07-22-2014, 01:32 PM
I have 387 hours logged on Skyrim in Steam, but I'm pretty sure I have a bunch more than that for Civ IV - I just played most of that before I got it on Steam (I "only" have a little over 100 hours logged on it in Steam). But my most played is probably Final Fantasy IX. I'm fairly sure I have somewhere between 1000-2000 hours in that. A few other FF games probably beat at least Skyrim, as well, though I'm not sure exactly which ones.

Aulayna
07-22-2014, 01:36 PM
World of Warcraft

Combining the playtime of all of my characters I probably spent over 2 years of my life playing that game.

Christmas
07-22-2014, 01:43 PM
I have 387 hours logged on Skyrim in Steam, but I'm pretty sure I have a bunch more than that for Civ IV - I just played most of that before I got it on Steam (I "only" have a little over 100 hours logged on it in Steam). But my most played is probably Final Fantasy IX. I'm fairly sure I have somewhere between 1000-2000 hours in that. A few other FF games probably beat at least Skyrim, as well, though I'm not sure exactly which ones.

You play Skyrim too!? :kaoclove:

I think I have spent quite a lot of time on Warcraft III and TES Oblivion mainly due to the fan-made mods. :bigsmile:

Pike
07-22-2014, 02:21 PM
I think I probably have close to a thousand in all TES games combined. Mostly Morrowind and Skyrim :3: I should really play more TES.

Bolivar
07-22-2014, 02:38 PM
It's definitely a tossup between Everquest and Counter-Strike.

As far as right now, Dota 2 is climbing fast with 6-700 hours.

The most I ever spent on a single playthrough is either Dragon Quest VIII or Final Fantasy XII, with 130-140 hours on a single save. Crazy how the end of the console RPG era saved the best for last.

Karifean
07-22-2014, 03:18 PM
Three main candidates:

Warcraft III

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy X-2

I was so into Warcraft III a number of years ago. I played it so much, made so many pointless maps, eventually I stopped playing when DotA rose to the stars because I couldn't get into it.

My playtime on Final Fantasy VII is through the roof since I found qhimm and its tools. I love letting my creativity run free with them. And that's on top of the ~6 times I'd already played through the original game in the first place.

Final Fantasy X-2 is probably my most played FF and I suspect it being the game out of these three that I spent the most time PLAYING. I spent a lot of time in the editors of WC3 and FF7 so that adds up, but the actual ingame time doesn't really compare to FFX-2. Counting NG+ runs I probably played through the game 15+ times, not counting them I think it was 5 times, and every one of them was easily three-digit-playtime. And then there's a considerable amount of time that isn't recorded on those playtimes due to Game Overs or when I did challenge battles and didn't save afterwards. There's so much you can do in this game, so many ways you can battle enemies, I just love it.

metagloria
07-22-2014, 03:21 PM
The most time I've spent on a single playthrough of a game was, of all things, Dragon Quest IX at 172 hours.

Cumulative time probably has to be FF7 since I've played it 16 or so times for probably an average of 70-80 hours each play, so...something like ~1200 hours all told.

jodymcdougle
07-22-2014, 03:34 PM
probably FFX or Kingdom Hearts for games by Square.

escobert
07-22-2014, 03:39 PM
Probably close to 10,000 hours on Diablo 2.
5,000+ on Guild Wars 1
2500-3000 Guild Wars 2
736 Civ V
500 or so on DayZ

who knows how many hours I spent playing Sim City 2000 and Civ 2 as a kid

Spuuky
07-22-2014, 05:40 PM
Magic: the Gathering

Sephiroth
07-22-2014, 05:43 PM
... I am close to 10 000 hours ...

Sounds like my daily playtime.

Final Fantasy has the longest time for me, together or seperate but it is indefinitely long as it is almost 20 years now.

Denmark
07-22-2014, 07:24 PM
NBA Live 2004 for Gamecube

it's funny that you think i'm joking about this

Formalhaut
07-22-2014, 07:36 PM
Um... I don't really know. I've played quite a bit of XII, and that game really does allow you to sink so much time into it. I'll go with that. I don't really think (or want to think, maybe) about how much time I spend playing video games!

Mahad
07-24-2014, 01:46 AM
I have 300+ hrs on Dissidia Duodecim. It's the sort of game I can just jump into and kill a few minutes when I feel like it. Besides that, I don't think I've spent over 200+ hrs anywhere else.

LunarWeaver
07-24-2014, 02:27 AM
Diablo II, although III will catch up to it over the coming years. Yes, I actually like III more than II. I high-five my million angels to all the haters.

Dat Matt
07-24-2014, 09:36 PM
TF2 - 700 hours on record.
League of legends - about the same
Halo Reach - About 400 hours i'd say?

We played Tales of Graces F for about 200 hours as well.

Del Murder
07-27-2014, 07:05 PM
Final Fantasy XI, no doubt. Most recently, I put a ton of time into Dragon Age Origins (over 100 hours). But for FFXI we're talking in the thousands of hours most likely.

Iceglow
07-27-2014, 07:13 PM
I'm obviously going to have to mention Halo here I'm not sure which one in particular has seen the most of my time (though probably Halo Reach or 3 gets the title).

Other games I've spent huge amounts of time on include Red Dead Redemption, Minecraft, various FF games and the Pokemon series.