PDA

View Full Version : Omega and Shinryuu

Wolf Kanno
07-23-2014, 03:23 AM
How many peeps around here have tackled the infamous duo? How about their Super versions in the GBA version?

Christmas
07-24-2014, 08:04 AM
They tackled me badly. :(

I was just a young little girl back in those days when I first played and they have scarred me in areas which I will never ever mention. :whimper:

Rez09
07-29-2014, 06:15 PM
I've beaten Omega, but not Shinryu. I don't remember why I never beat him, though, since I'm sure being able to beat one should have meant I could beat the other.

Colonel Angus
07-30-2014, 01:20 AM
Coral Rings help w/ Shinryuu-uu-uu-uu-uu as Flame Rings help w/ Omega.

There's this whole "collect 8 Dragon Spears & jump" thing, but that's a load of work to do. It's easier fighting him head on w/ a well equipped team.

Wolf Kanno
07-31-2014, 06:56 AM
Honestly a party with everyone equipped with ribbons, coral rings, and Ice shields pretty much no-sells most of Shinryuu's move set. Omega is tougher cause he has the annoying Erase Memory skill which forces you to use return and start the fight over.

metagloria
08-04-2014, 02:16 PM
I just beat Shinryu and it felt kind of cheap. Fought him once, tried a more traditional setup, got annihilated by Ice Breath. So then I said screw that, and had each character do Quick, Rapid Fire, Rapid Fire. Killed him in just three turns that way, before he got a second move.

metagloria
08-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Update: just fought Omega. Didn't use Quick, so it wasn't as cheap, but still. I cast Thundaga on my dual-wielded Brave Blade and Ragnarok, which allowed me to do ~48,000 damage with Rapid Fire on the first attack. Omega responsed with two Mustard Bombs and Encircle, but I got one more Thundaga-Rapid Fire with a different character for ~12,000 to finish him. Two shots.

Ergroilnin
08-06-2014, 07:45 PM
Well really these bosses were more oriented towards fast but chaotic battle than to long, strategic but not really hard bosses that are later in series like Penance and Yiazmat.

Only exception being Ozma but that can really be because whole FFIX is like legacy of the older titles.

Karifean
08-11-2014, 06:10 PM
I beat Omega (six freaking times no less), Omega Mk. II and Enuo but I can't find Neo Shinryu! Where do you unlock that seal?

I mostly used Dance. Sword Dance is almost always double 9999s although it's only a 50% chance that it actually happens. But I just didn't want to use Quick or Rapid Fire. Can't take any enjoyment in fighting the bosses if I use those.