PDA

View Full Version : Favorite things about FFVIII

Wolf Kanno
07-23-2014, 04:00 AM
This game gets a lot of shit, sometimes for good reason others time I don't feel so but let's talk about the positives, what are your favorite things about FFVIII?

Christmas
07-23-2014, 05:25 AM
Casting scan on Edea and spinning her around to realize there is nothing under her skirt. :gator:

Nothing at all. :tonberry:

Pumpkin
07-23-2014, 05:35 AM
The characters and the world

Ayen
07-23-2014, 07:29 AM
The Gardens
Being able to fly your Garden
Various locations such as Balamb, Dollet, Timber, Deling City, etc.
The cast. Quite frankly, I always found them to be fun
Sorceress Edea
Galbadia Military
The music

Pheesh
07-23-2014, 09:05 AM
Gunblades. *drops mic, exits*

metagloria
07-23-2014, 04:12 PM
Balamb Garden, Triple Triad, the music, and (for the first time ever in the series) items with a variety of uses. You think about the way things are interlinked in this game - cards that can be refined into items, that can be refined into magic, or maybe refined into other items, or used to teach a limit break, or used to power up a GF, or magic that can be refined into magic...almost every item has 3 or 4 uses. Compare that mechanic to VII before it and it's a joke. All VII's items have a single purpose, and many of them are things you may never even use for that purpose (have you ever used an 8-inch Cannon? I didn't think so). VIII gave all those castoff items meaning and purpose. I loved that.

jodymcdougle
07-23-2014, 07:50 PM
going to space! interactive story lines; like carrying Rinoa. the cut scenes were amazing at the time! the music rocked!

Yellow_Magic
07-23-2014, 10:38 PM
Oh where do I start

- The setting
- Squall
- Seifer
- Zell
- Ultimecia
- The gardens
- The awesome battle at the end of disc 2
- The music my god the MUSIC
- Triple Triad
- Being able to break the game fairly easily on Disc 1

Dat Matt
07-23-2014, 11:59 PM
Casting scan on Edea and spinning her around to realize there is nothing under her skirt. :gator:

Brb replaying FFVIII

Night Fury
07-24-2014, 12:18 AM
the boogers

Colonel Angus
07-24-2014, 02:34 AM
1. The Guardian Forces
2. The Sorceress
3. Gunblades
4. Triple Mother Smurfin' Triad
5. The weird collision detection w/ automobiles & being able to push a train back on the world map.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-24-2014, 02:50 AM
It's kind of weird because I love everything about this game. I recognize where some things should have been better and I see why people dislike so much of this game, but I don't even care. My absolute favorite thing is that it drew me into the series and the genre. :D

Moombas and the Laguna storyline might be my favorite in game things though. This is funny since as a kid I absolutely hated the Laguna stuff since to me it didn't apply to anything going on in the story.

Mo-Nercy
07-24-2014, 06:36 AM
The battle system
Triple Triad
Gunblades
The music
The fact that enemies level up with you, encouraging efficient, low level play and exploitation of the junction system
The Limit Breaks
The cool intro FMV
"Then go talk to a wall"
The Gardens
Garden War
Ragnarok
Ultimecia's Castle and the bosses in it
Doomtrain
Esthar
Odine's collar
The ending

Forsaken Lover
08-16-2014, 11:55 PM
Seifer
NORG
Sorceress Adel
The music'
The Ragnarok Scene
The Sorceress Assassination build-up

maybee
08-17-2014, 11:50 AM

From memory you can see up Selphie's yellow dress as well and see her white undies

Uchu
08-18-2014, 02:27 AM
I really liked the story, characters, and music, etc. But one thing i always appreciated about FFVIII was it's presentation. In short, I thought the presentation was much more crisp that FFVII, the translation much more clean and diverse (representing different accents though spelling, etc.), the characters more believable through their animations and body size (representing that of a regular human). It felt more polished, I guess is what I am trying to say.

fat_moogle
08-19-2014, 04:46 PM
One of my favourite things about FFVIII is when you enter the "dream world". That moment after the first dream where Selphie wakes up and says something about Laguna, and everyone else is like "Laguna, Kiros and Ward =O". It's like WHAT IS GOING ON? The characters are left clueless and it makes you want to find out what it's all about. I also absolutely love Man With The Machine Gun so battles in the "dream world" are great :D