PDA

View Full Version : First meal

blackmage_nuke
07-23-2014, 03:56 PM
Cast back your memory as far as you can.

1) What is the earliest meal you can confidentially remember having eaten?

2) If you've seen old movies of yourself what's your earliest documented meal?

I remember once having soup of some kind in preschool thinking on it more I only remember smelling it and dont actually know if I ate any. A more definite meal would be fairy bread in primary school

Also I distinctly remember once eating sand in preschool but that doesn't really count

Pumpkin
07-23-2014, 04:00 PM
I can't remember which exactly was first, but I'm going to say my 4th birthday cake

Earliest documented (by picture) was my 1st birthday cake which I supposedly dropped on the ground on purpose and then cried

sharkythesharkdogg
07-23-2014, 04:12 PM
This is a good question, but the first ones I remember were because they weren't happy memories. I can't remember which one came first.

I remember eating some food at the house we lived in at Charlotte.

The reason I remember one meal is because my father had a terrible temper when I was younger. He didn't like the Chicken Ala King were having and literally threw the plate against the dining room wall. Yup.

The other one, I got to try crab legs for the first time. I thought they were delicious, and ate way too many. I then proceeded to vomit them aaallll back up. Joy.

Pike
07-23-2014, 06:38 PM
I remember being in preschool and throwing a fit about whatever they were serving up for lunch so they had to make me a peanut butter sandwich instead.

I also have a very, VERY vague memory of being about three years old or so and being at Sunday School at church and losing my trout because the snack was apple juice and for some reason I did NOT want apple juice. I recall them taking me out to the hall and filling up my cup with water from the drinking fountain.

...apparently I was really picky about my food.

Shauna
07-23-2014, 06:41 PM
I remember being in some nursery thing in Portugal, and they served me up the most bland noodles in the world. Like, it was actually just plain noodles with nothing else.

I was not pleased as a child.

Madame Adequate
07-23-2014, 06:42 PM
It's not my earliest memory for sure but in pre-school at lunch we had some kind of weird yellow super creamy mashed potatoes or something, and it was so vile I threw up. Whenever I've even smelt that since, I've felt nauseous. However, I love regular mashed potatoes.

Parker
07-23-2014, 10:32 PM
There are pics of me eating babby food so I guess thats the earliest documented.

I super vaguely remember eating at a fast food restaurant that soon closed in my town. I THINK it was a Wimpy. I also remember a turtle cake at my cousin's 4th birthday that made our poops green xD

Freya
07-23-2014, 10:48 PM
Purple Cow Milkshake I had in preschool. It was something about learning about agriculture. We as kids though chocolate milk comes from brown cows and normal milk comes form white cows. Or something like that so we made Purple Cow Milkshakes. They were just ice cream with like grape juice or something. It was to learn that it didn't matter what color a cow is as they all make milk! or something like that. I think there was a book to it too.

Shorty
07-23-2014, 11:36 PM
Animal crackers in preschool when I was three or so. We did the dance and the song.

Shiny
07-25-2014, 01:28 AM
The first thing I remember eating is ice cream and apple sauce. There are sadly no home videos of myself though from that young so I have no idea. However there is photographic evidence of me with ice cream all over my face at the age of 1.

Ayen
07-25-2014, 08:27 AM
Lunch meat sandwich with the crust cut off and sliced into little bits. Taste so much better than having it whole.

Kalevala
07-25-2014, 10:58 PM
There is a home video of me smashing fistfuls of my first birthday cake into my face. I have eaten every meal like this ever since.

fire_of_avalon
07-29-2014, 04:13 AM
Earliest I remember I think is fried chicken with potato salad and green beans. I remember because I hid the potato salad in the couch cushions. And got in trouble. I also have a very vivid memory of demanding to eat Doritos, of dipping a strawberry poptart in orange juice, and of waking up before my parents and eating peanut butter directly from the jar with my hands because that's how Winnie the Pooh ate honey.

I am pretty sure the potato salad came first because I can't remember my sister being around then, but I remember her being around for those other things.