PDA

View Full Version : Do you game more than posting on forums?

Ergroilnin
07-24-2014, 04:26 PM
Okay the thread title is a little bit stupid, I wasn't sure how to properly express it in one short sentence.

So what's this about. Basically the older I am I notice that I enjoy more chatting/posting on forums about games than actually playing the games. I like to theorize stuff like strategies how to kill bosses instead of actually killing them. I am not really sure why is that so. It's not like I don't have time for decent gaming sessions.

What 'bout you?

Mirage
07-24-2014, 04:40 PM
Yes, I game more than I post on forums. I often just post on forums while having a game paused, or waiting for some level to load or some other slow thing I've seen before to complete.

Bubba
07-24-2014, 04:40 PM
I wish I had more time for both gaming and posting on EOFF.

Gaming definitely edges it for me though... even though I love you all dearly!

jodymcdougle
07-24-2014, 04:46 PM
lately, it has been about 50/50 for me. when time permits, i'll gladly be involved in a game. lately though, I've been doing a lot more work on a computer than normal, so I find a few minutes to get involved in a forum or other tasks on the machine to have some down time while still waiting for emails, etc.

escobert
07-24-2014, 04:46 PM
Yeah I game more. I like to talk a lot on the forums for the respective games that I play. Sometimes with the roleplaying server I frequent on Arma2 DayZ mod, I can spend more time on the forums than in game. But if I'm playing Stand Alone or Arma3 Breaking Point/Altis Life then nah I don't use the forums a ton.

Pike
07-24-2014, 04:47 PM
Oh definitely. And I'm 30 so if you're younger than that you've no excuse!

Christmas
07-24-2014, 04:50 PM
Nope, I don't game more. I don't even game. :bigsmile:

Loony BoB
07-24-2014, 05:19 PM
Differs day to day, week to week. I game a lot at home, I post a lot too, though. I post at work on my spare time as well. If I had to pick one, I'd say I spend more time posting in general, but it would be very close. And by "posting" I mean "browsing forums".

Christmas
07-24-2014, 05:24 PM
Differs day to day, week to week. I game a lot at home, I post a lot too, though. I post at work on my spare time as well. If I had to pick one, I'd say I spend more time posting in general, but it would be very close. And by "posting" I mean "browsing forums".

You should. Most of us only paid for the games whereas you paid for both the forums and the games. :bigsmile:

Ergroilnin
07-24-2014, 05:47 PM
I am not sure why I browse forums and web about games more than gaming, it's not like I don't like playing anymore.

Also curious thing I found about myself is that I do this only when sober, when I get drunk (just a little is fine) I enjoy playing games much more again.

Any psychologist here to explain why? :D

AssassinDX
07-24-2014, 07:58 PM
Currently yeah, as this is the only forum I post on regularly and I'm not exactly prolific. A few years ago it was the other way around, but I've rekindled my love of gaming recently so it's very much one-sided.

Dat Matt
07-24-2014, 09:52 PM
I spent most my time playing games, I'll jump on the forums every now and again, but gaming is where I spend most of my days.

Ayen
07-24-2014, 10:11 PM
Eeh... 50/50.

Bubba
07-24-2014, 11:09 PM
In West Philadelphia, born and raised.

but gaming is where I spend most of my days.

Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
Playing on Halo outside of school

Shauna
07-24-2014, 11:11 PM
I dunno. I browse a lot on EoFF and all that, but I probably spend a fair bit of time gaming. 50/50 probably, but it is difficult to type long detailed posts while trying to stealth past some clickers. :(

Del Murder
07-27-2014, 07:04 PM
Sadly, I probably post on a gaming forum or read about gaming news more than I actually play games. The games themselves require a level of commitment I no longer can afford. :(

Formalhaut
07-27-2014, 07:21 PM
I'm definitely on the 'forum' side of this thread. I mean, I can only really commit to playing video games if I'm not being hassled by family or whoever, so I only really game at night-time, when all my chores and tasks have been completed. During the day, I am very much on the forums, both browsing and posting.

Wolf Kanno
08-01-2014, 09:02 PM
In the past, I posted more than played, though I am reaching a point where its the opposite of which I am kind of happy about.