PDA

View Full Version : Dou you want FFX-3 to happen?

Ergroilnin
07-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Okay first of all topic isn't supposed to address the fact that SE said they aren't making it and aren't interested in it, it is simply about personal opinion on another sequel.

Before I got to know about the 2.5 novel and - will - I would have of course said no way, but now that the story is absolutely opened again I personally feel that it does need a definite ending even though I can't really see just how it's possible to save this.

Also if you are for sequel, what form would you want? Another game? Another novel? Or perhaps long movie that would wrap it all up in 2 hours and be done with it?

Personally if it was my choice, I would say movie probably could still somehow save the story in reasonable way without making us actually play countless hours through well known world in well known danger of Sin.

Dat Matt
07-24-2014, 09:04 PM
I like the idea, but the audio dairy they did for the remastered basically Yuna and Tidus Breaking up, Yuna no long being as strong and independent woman as she was in X-2, Sin coming back etc.

It'd like to see them expand it and explain what's they were thinking.

jodymcdougle
07-24-2014, 09:07 PM
there was a novel? yes, I would like to see it happen.

Mirage
07-24-2014, 09:41 PM
I would hate for this to happen. If something absolutely has to be added to this universe, i'd rather have a prequel.

Sephiroth
07-24-2014, 09:43 PM
I would hate the story ending like this, so yes.

To me only FFX is canon. X-2 is not.

Oh man.

Ayen
07-24-2014, 09:57 PM
No. I want them to retcon the retcon and leave X and all previous entries of the franchise alone. If your sequel idea can be a remake it shouldn't have had any groundwork done to set it up to begin with.

Pete for President
07-24-2014, 10:18 PM
To me only FFX is canon. X-2 is not.

I'd like to see Squeenix challenge themselves to create a new game in a new world that is as breathtaking and engaging as Spira, and not choose the easy way out by another case of sequelitis.

Christmas
07-25-2014, 02:42 AM
My life will be completed when that happens. :bigsmile:

Pumpkin
07-25-2014, 03:55 AM
I'm kind of interested to see where it goes

Ergroilnin
07-25-2014, 07:36 AM
Well personally i can somehow see where it could go.

I read somewhere that Yuna breaking up with Tidus is because she feels guilty that he died again, she summoned him back and he's now hurting because of it so it's not like "hey I saw that guy's ABs and they are hotter than yours, bye bye" and also if Sins and everyones return isn't permanent but it's just because Farplane unstability, then perhaps in the next sequel Sin wouldn't really be the danger, and it could be fight against time to figure out how to stabilize Farplane before it ruins the Spira and solving that would finally destroy all the released unsent and Sin again, returning the Spira to what it should be.

Ayen
07-25-2014, 08:04 AM
Well personally i can somehow see where it could go.

I read somewhere that Yuna breaking up with Tidus is because she is feels guilty that he died again, she summoned him back and he's now hurting because of it so it's not like "hey I saw that guy's ABs and they are hotter than yours, bye bye" and also if Sins and everyones return isn't permanent but it's just because Farplane unstability, then perhaps in the next sequel Sin wouldn't really be the danger, and it could be fight against time to figure out how to stabilize Farplane before it ruins the Spira and solving that would finally destroy all the released unsent and Sin again, returning the Spira to what it should be.

Huh. That actually sounds good.

Kalevala
07-25-2014, 08:22 PM
I'd like to see Squeenix challenge themselves to create a new game in a new world that is as breathtaking and engaging as Spira, and not choose the easy way out by another case of sequelitis.

While I don't dislike X-2, I can agree that it was unnecessary. I'll always rather see an entry in a new world than a sequel, at least when it comes to SE. If they've demonstrated one thing during their run, it's that sequels are not one of their strengths.

jeo2388
08-01-2014, 10:21 AM
I like X-2, but I don't know when I first got a glimpse of the sequel and saw Yuna (was my favorite ff lady at that time, so quiet, so cute and her hair!) dressed like that and acting that way, it kinda harassed my brain lol. It was like the amazing fantasy world of spira, so rich in history and culture, suddenly goes mega kpop on your asses. Lol. So I would've preferred leaving X the way it was, and that said I don't think my fragile little brain can withstand an x-3.

black orb
08-03-2014, 09:22 PM
>>> Sure, Spira is one of my fav FF worlds..:luca:

Jessweeee♪
08-04-2014, 12:56 AM
I heard the drama though, it didn't really seem like they broke up if I'm remembering correctly. Like they weren't doing too good but it didn't seem like they called it quits. Then again it's been a few months since I heard it :confused:

Colonel Angus
08-04-2014, 02:50 AM
I'd like to see a sequel centered around Blitzball. Wakka decides he want's to make one final comeback to Blitz, to play w/ his son, who's now 18. However, in this new age of free agency in Blitzball, he signs w/ the Luca Goers for 32,000,000g. Heartbroken, Wakka still rejoins the Aurochs to face against his son in the finals, ya?

Ergroilnin
08-04-2014, 10:42 AM
I'd like to see a sequel centered around Blitzball. Wakka decides he want's to make one final comeback to Blitz, to play w/ his son, who's now 18. However, in this new age of free agency in Blitzball, he signs w/ the Luca Goers for 32,000,000g. Heartbroken, Wakka still rejoins the Aurochs to face against his son in the finals, ya?

Please... Please no. Don't torment me like this you big meanie!

Ayen
08-04-2014, 10:46 AM

I can see this so clearly in my head it's scary.

Quindiana Jones
08-04-2014, 11:02 AM
I think I'd rather be strung up by the bollocks and kicked repeatedly in the head by a Shetland pony, tbh. :gator:

Dat Matt
08-04-2014, 08:42 PM

Please... Please no. Don't torment me like this you big meanie!

Vidina is talking smack to him as he leaves, so Wakka he decides to teach his son a lesson. Dragging the Aurochs up through the ranks they make it to the finals. The final game, Aurochs v Goers, a 20 year reunion.

Aurochs, down by 2 goals. Claw back a tied scoreline with 20 seconds to go, Vidina takes the final shot at goal. Wakka sees the shot, and thinks to himself "You've made be proud, son" and lets the ball pass him for the winning goal. The crowd goes wild and Vidina is dumbfounded that Wakka missed the block.

On the podium, Vidina asks Wakka why he deliberately missed the ball. "It was your time to shine, son". and tears are shed as they raise the cup together. The end.

Sounds like it could be a terrible short story. I like it.

Ergroilnin
08-04-2014, 09:38 PM
Vidina is talking smack to him as he leaves, so Wakka he decides to teach his son a lesson. Dragging the Aurochs up through the ranks they make it to the finals. The final game, Aurochs v Goers, a 20 year reunion.

Aurochs, down by 2 goals. Claw back a tied scoreline with 20 seconds to go, Vidina takes the final shot at goal. Wakka sees the shot, and thinks to himself "You've made be proud, son" and lets the ball pass him for the winning goal. The crowd goes wild and Vidina is dumbfounded that Wakka missed the block.

On the podium, Vidina asks Wakka why he deliberately missed the ball. "It was your time to shine, son". and tears are shed as they raise the cup together. The end.

Sounds like it could be a terrible short story. I like it.

You demon.