PDA

View Full Version : Gold chocobo

Ergroilnin
07-24-2014, 07:49 PM
Anyone else found mating chocobos in this game extremely annoying, unintuitive and needlessly hard? I done it just once when I wanted to get all materia and it was pretty much enough for me.

I used walkthrough for this because honestly I would've absolutely no idea what to do, was I the only one?

Dat Matt
07-24-2014, 08:24 PM
I think that's the same for everyone. Other than doing the chocobo races and getting some cool items around the world map there is no real need for the golden chocobo. Same as FF9. It's good, but it's optional especially as some of the best gear in the game can be found this way.

Ergroilnin
07-24-2014, 08:48 PM
Actually in FFIX I absolutely loved playing with Chocobos, since I was pretty much addicted to it at one point and upgrading chocobos here is just diggind up the chocograph, nothing hard about it.

Dat Matt
07-24-2014, 09:14 PM
People seem to have a hatred for Chocobo hot and cold, but it's actually the best FF minigame and all other opinions are wrong.

leader of mortals
07-25-2014, 02:11 AM
People seem to have a hatred for Chocobo hot and cold, but it's actually the best FF minigame and all other opinions are wrong.

This is absolute, 100% truth.

I found that breeding chocobos was fine, but I never did it before I had a strategy guide. I bet trying to do it without a strategy guide would have been awful.

Christmas
07-25-2014, 02:45 AM
Ya, we don't get to see the whole mating process in details and HD. Which sux. :chocobo:

EDIT

:save:Final Fantasy Guess and Hunt:save:

Check up the details here!! (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/158449-Final-Fantasy-Hunt-and-Guess!)
http://i.imgur.com/b0uyZ8U.png

Pumpkin
07-25-2014, 03:55 AM
Never bothered with chocobos in VII

StarCross1988
07-25-2014, 04:24 AM
Trying to figure it all out without a guide would be a nightmare. >_< It was already annoying enough knowing exactly what to do.

Also, Chocobo Hot and Cold is probably my favorite mini game in the series. I really thought I was alone in that. :D

Ergroilnin
07-25-2014, 07:47 AM
Wow really? I always though Hot and Cold actually was really popular at least in contrast to other FF mini games. Well nevermind as was said, it is the best mini game and others are wrong.

Psychotic
07-25-2014, 07:56 AM
The Chocobo Sage tells you how to get a Golden Chocobo. But then it's a long and time-consuming process to get him to do that, and it's not like his house is obvious either.

Pumpkin
07-25-2014, 01:41 PM
Wow really? I always though Hot and Cold actually was really popular at least in contrast to other FF mini games. Well nevermind as was said, it is the best mini game and others are wrong.

I've always loved it. I thought most people did?

Mo-Nercy
07-25-2014, 02:16 PM
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/031027.jpg

Yeah, it was a bit tiresome going through it all, but it's worth it. Not just for KotR and other secret cave materia, but the winnings from the Chocobo Square too.

Ergroilnin
07-25-2014, 02:31 PM
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/031027.jpg

Yeah, it was a bit tiresome going through it all, but it's worth it. Not just for KotR and other secret cave materia, but the winnings from the Chocobo Square too.

Ahaha I loved that comic strip ever since I first saw it. I agree that if you want to go beyond the story, gold chocobo is worth the trouble (with the gamefaqs tho) but if I never knew about this kind of optional stuff I wouldn't ever attempt it.

Wolf Kanno
07-25-2014, 10:03 PM
The Chocobo Sage tells you how to get a Golden Chocobo. But then it's a long and time-consuming process to get him to do that, and it's not like his house is obvious either.

The other issue is that his "advice" if you want to call it that is extremely vague.

I would have liked Chocobo Breeding if the racing component side of it could be less time consuming not to mention the whole RNG nonsense of trying to get a the Mountain and River chocobos to be the opposite sex. I honestly like Chocobo Breeding but I'm not surprised its hated. Still better than Chocobo Training in the Spira titles.

MJN SEIFER
07-26-2014, 04:03 AM
I never really bothered with it, as when I first completed the game I had an Xplorer which gave me all Master Materias so I never needed to get KOTR, and later when I used an Xploder I also had 99 Desert Roses (and 99 Earth Harps - which was annoying, as I had to give all of them to the Kalm Traveller in order to give him a Desert Rose as well) so I always got a Gold Chocobo anyway.

I dunno if I'll ever do it, but I think all the Walkthroughs I own have guides for it, or at least most of them do.

ScottNUMBERS
07-26-2014, 11:49 AM
and 99 Earth Harps - which was annoying, as I had to give all of them to the Kalm Traveller in order to give him a Desert Rose as well
Serves you right. :colbert:

MJN SEIFER
07-26-2014, 06:07 PM
Cause I cheated? Yeah, I guess so. :lol:

Carl the Llama
07-26-2014, 06:52 PM
Anyone else found mating chocobos in this game extremely annoying, unintuitive and needlessly hard?

R1Cj-XwZVCI

Not really.

Pumpkin
07-26-2014, 06:54 PM
"Do you find it needlessly hard?"

"Not really. It's so easy. Just watch this FIFTEEN minute video detailing TWENTY-THREE STEPS"

Not your best argument Kraft Dinner :colbert:

Carl the Llama
07-26-2014, 06:56 PM
The point is it isn't hard, and can be done in less then an hour, as opposed to 3-4 hours with racing.

Pumpkin
07-26-2014, 06:57 PM
Or you could just play Chocobo Hot & Cold and have an all around fun time with it :chocobo:

I found dancing chocobo to be appropriate there

Carl the Llama
07-26-2014, 07:01 PM
Or you could just play Chocobo Hot & Cold and have an all around fun time with it :chocobo:

I found dancing chocobo to be appropriate there

As someone who is currently going through FFIX I can say I freaking LOVE Chocobo Hot & Cold, it is by far my favourite Chocobo game in any Final Fantasy.