PDA

View Full Version : Dishes you hate making but love eating

Pumpkin
07-25-2014, 07:46 PM
What are some dishes that you feel are just such a chore to make, but you're always happy afterwards because they're delicious?

I would say for me its cheesecake, carrot cake, and lasagna

metagloria
07-25-2014, 08:03 PM
All of them.

(That's why my wife cooks.)

noxious.sunshine
07-29-2014, 02:48 AM
Fried anything. Chicken, cube steak, pork chops.

I hate it I hate it I hate it.

Such a mess to clean up afterwards, but my dad and bf absolutely love the way I make fried chicken, so I'm kind of obligated to cook it every once in awhile. My dad actually says he thinks mine is better than my mom's. And she was Queen of Frad Chikinz.

I also kind of hate making tamales if I'm alone. I don't mind doing it sometimes, but it's a tedious process- pressing the masa into the corn husks, spooning in the salsa and the meat, then folding it all up... There's a reason Mexicans only make them on holidays unless they make them to sell on Sunday mornings/afternoons. lol

arenzi
07-29-2014, 03:11 AM
Dumplings because it's time consuming and sesame tofu because there are so many dishes to wash afterwards.

Shorty
07-29-2014, 03:23 AM
I thought lasagna before even opening this thread. Making lasagna is horrible, but it's so, so good ;-;

fire_of_avalon
07-29-2014, 04:07 AM
Mashed potatoes, because if they get even a little bit cold in the bowl or pot they turn into this evil crust that you have to let soak before you can get your dish clean and maybe I should just lick the dish clean but my family doesn't like to eat out of containers I lick. :stare:

noxious.sunshine
07-29-2014, 05:09 AM
I actually enjoy making lasagna. I have no idea why. It takes me like 2 hours to make it or more cuz of all the ingredients I use and making the marinara and what not.

.... I think I need a food processor.