PDA

View Full Version : How long.....

Mahad
07-26-2014, 09:53 PM
...do you wait in line before giving up and leaving? Do you leave the place? Go do something else while the line thins? Are you ever the person that complains or eventually starts to complain about being on a line? Have you ever had line rage? Ever seen some one do so? Share your thoughts and experiences!

Shauna
07-26-2014, 09:58 PM
Depends what I'm waiting in line for, I suppose.

I won't wait in line for a restaurant, for example, unless the line is quite short. However, if I'm going to the cinema or I'm queuing for something in particular, I will be more likely to actually wait in the queue.

Pumpkin
07-27-2014, 12:08 AM
Depends

Parker
07-27-2014, 01:12 AM
Yea

Iceglow
07-27-2014, 01:34 AM
I'm British, generally I'll wait in line for most things. Though if it's a restaurant and I'm waiting to get in it must be one hell of a place for me not to go "fuck this, lets hit up that place over there 'cause I'm hungry!"

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-27-2014, 01:47 AM
6 days.
I refuse to wait for an entire week though.

blackmage_nuke
07-27-2014, 02:18 AM
If Im waiting for something I can easily get somewhere else like a restuaraunt I usually don't bother waiting unless Im with someone who wants to wait for that particular restuarant.

The longest queue I've been in was 5 hours for the Game of Thrones Exhibit. I didnt realise the line would be that long so I didnt do any prep.

Later I had a dream I was being chased by some monstrosity and realising it was a dream i woke myself up and my friend told me I had drifted off and as I looked around I saw this sign: 58456.

Thats when I woke up with a scream

Shiny
07-27-2014, 02:35 AM
Waiting in line for longer than 30 minutes is absurd. If I go to an amusement park best believe I buy the flash pass and avoid that nonsense.

The only time I've waited longer than 30 mins on line was at the dmv or transportation that was late. I passed the time with my ds.

I didn't even wait long in line at comic con to get in to the walking dead panel. I got there late and some how was able to get up to the front fairly quickly. Being small helps I guess.

Araciel
07-27-2014, 02:41 AM
2 games of bejeweled

~*~Celes~*~
07-27-2014, 03:42 AM
We've waited 45 minutes for a restaurant before on valentines day. We started choosing a different day to eat out for that holiday, and we try not to go somewhere that we have to wait that long for anymore.

Ayen
07-27-2014, 03:57 AM
Longest I ever waited was an half and hour, I believe. We were outside the Sprint Center about to see RAW live and to make matters worse a person was smoking in front of us with the wind blowing it in my face. That was when I became against public smoking.

Mo-Nercy
07-27-2014, 09:16 AM
If it's something I haven't paid for yet. Probably 30 mins to an hour is the longest I'll wait until my patience wears thin. If there's alternatives from the start though, I won't even bother getting in line in the first place.

If it's something I have already paid for. I'll stand there for-smurfing-ever till I get it.

Quindiana Jones
07-29-2014, 11:39 AM
The main determinant is staff efficicency. If the line is organised and the staff are working well and in an orderly fashion, I would stay a long time. But if it's just a clusterfuck for attention, I won't waste a second of my life there. :D

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-30-2014, 05:51 AM
If I have to wait in line and take a number to be seated, i'm not waiting that long. However, if i'm out to eat with someone and they have their heart set on this place, I'll wait with them.

If i'm seated and my order has already been taken, I guess you just have to wait out the 30 minutes or however long it takes for them to bring your order out.

Vasher
07-30-2014, 08:54 AM
Eww, I hate waiting, but I've become a "pro" at it since having a kid. I waited in line (years ago) for the PS3, 360, and Wii. I was an amateur then, no prep, no gameplan.

A friend and I waited in line for Best Buys midnight release for the Wii U. The BB down the street was already packed, so we went over the hill to Santa Clarita. Cooler, chairs, ran to Ralph's for beer/food, and had our friend FaceTime us from his iPad (which was propped in front of the tv) so we could watch the UFC. ~8 hours.

For the Xbox One, I had pre-ordered it, but was told it was still "first come, first served" when I called to confirm a few days before release (wtf is the point of the pre-order then!?). Anyhow, on the day of the midnight release I dropped my son off at school, then swung by my local BB to see if anyone had started a line. When I pulled up there was already about 20 people there "camping". Crap! I raced home because I had some business to take care of. I didn't make it back until 11am, more people had lined up. I threw a chair down at the end of the line and yelled out "anyone get word of how many Xboxes they're getting" as I ran inside to find out. As it turns out, the line was for Black Friday (which was still a week away). Nobody there for the Xbox yet, so I threw down more chairs and walked next door to Walmart with my cooler. Ice, Coke, Capt Morgans, good to go. Called my buddy, my sister-in-law, Z-Pizza, and my wife made soup because it was kinda cold. I had quite the audience in the Black Friday crowd (the long winded tales I tell on here are just a drop in the bucket). ~13 hours.

Speaking of the BF crowd, they had been there since Wednesday (roughly 200 hours). That's insane. Silly stuff like "$75 off of a laptop". Are you freaking kidding!?

Freya
07-30-2014, 05:26 PM
I hate lines if I have to be somewhere. I don't LIKE waiting but I'll do it if I need to. If i'm in a rush, I'll leave. Longest line I've waited in was for the bathroom at a public event because women always have a line.

Psychotic
08-02-2014, 12:00 PM
It'd take a really awesome restaurant that I really want to go to for me to want to wait to be seated.

Bubba
08-02-2014, 12:33 PM
I hate queueing. If I can avoid it by any form of pre-planning then I will. I think I waited 45 minutes for a tables at Akbars in Manchester once. It really wasn't worth it.