PDA

View Full Version : Your preferred beer

Spooniest
07-27-2014, 05:39 PM
I drink Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, myself.

What beer do you prefer? Lager? Stout? Porter?

Please note: if you don't drink beer, why bother posting in this topic? I won't tolerate your beer-hating!

Aaaand, go.

Colonel Angus
07-27-2014, 05:52 PM
I don't drink too often, but if I had a choice it'd be Heineken. Usually @ parties that's never available, so I just have a Miller Lite or Bud Light.

I had a Summer Shandy yesterday while taking my Dad out to lunch, which is one of my favorite Seasonal brews. I was surprised to see it on tap.

escobert
07-27-2014, 05:58 PM
beer sucks, now tolerate it.

If I'm not going the I'm a pussy and don't like beer route so I'll just have a bud light then, it's usually Longtrail Blackberry Wheat or a Harpoon Raspberry hefeweizen

blackmage_nuke
07-27-2014, 06:09 PM
Anything Free

I usually get something dark as opposed to something pale though.

And preferably nothing Light or Lite. If I wanted less alcohol I'd just drink less beer

Shorty
07-27-2014, 07:03 PM
I had a coffee-infused beer in Portland and it was lovely but so heavy. I don't drink beers regularly, but dark beers like Guinness and the coffee one I like to sip.

Other than that, I'll drink Blue Moon, Fat Tire, Four Peaks, and will probably trust anything that comes out of Portland.

Aulayna
07-27-2014, 07:34 PM
Local craft beers.

#hipster

Not even that really, I rarely drink. I had some fruit cider this weekend and that's the first alcohol I've had since a bottle of white wine last Christmas.

noxious.sunshine
07-27-2014, 08:04 PM
Bud Light or Miller Lite

I love Mexican beers tho - Victoria, Pacifico, Modelo & Modelo Negro & Corona Familiar if it's been bottled in Mexico and imported. The shit they sell in U.S. stores now is way different and not good.

Also Blue Moon ..... and Yazoo cuz Nashville behbeh.

Yellow_Magic
07-27-2014, 08:49 PM
I recently stopped drinking for health reasons, but my favourites used to be Kronenbourg and Budweiser (surprisingly enough for a Brit).

Mirage
07-27-2014, 09:19 PM
Most IPAs taste good for me. Of course, I prefer some brands more than others. If I can't get an IPA, a wheat beer will usually do. The most important part is that it isn't an industrially made mass produced pale lager.

To quote Aulayna, #hipster

Formalhaut
07-28-2014, 12:53 AM
I don't think I've really had beer before, actually. EoFF, help me out on this, what nice beers that I can get generally easy in the UK do you recommend to me? :D

In terms of alcohol, I really don't drink that much. I do like cider though. Particularly fruity flavored cider, but that isn't really beer, so.

Pheesh
07-28-2014, 10:50 AM
Most local Australian pale ales are great. James Squire and Little Creatures are my two favourite breweries.

Bubba
07-28-2014, 11:46 AM
If I have have normal lager then I usually go with bottles of Peroni or San Miguel. Lovely stuff.

I love my Belgian Beer. I actually had a lovely afternoon yesterday with a couple of friends yesterday getting suitably drunk on Kwak which is probably my favourite beer ever.

Rostum
07-28-2014, 12:28 PM
My two favourite beers, not that I drink much anymore, is Fat Yak and Asahi Super Dry. I really like dry crisp beers, they're so refreshing during warmer weather.

I did a tasting of some Bavarian and Belgium beers recently that were amazing too, but they were expensive and I forget the names - so that's more of a special treat.

metagloria
07-28-2014, 02:55 PM
I hate beer :p

BUT, there are a rare few I can enjoy. They just have to be either strongly vanilla (Oliver Vanilla Porter) or fruity (Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse, Sea Dog Wild Blueberry Pale Ale, Leinenkugel Berry Weiss, Dogfish Head Festina Peche).

Shiny
07-29-2014, 12:37 AM
If I'm not going the I'm a pussy and don't like beer route I'll just have a bud light then

Or if I'm at an international bar, I'll try something from another country on the menu. So far I've had an Aussie, Japanese, and French beer. They all sucked.

Denmark
07-29-2014, 02:11 AM
craft IPAs because i'm a dirty goddamned hipster

also any border that is so dark you have no chance of seeing through it (porters, stouts)

edit: border? why the fuck did i say border? i can't even blame this one on my phone. it's staying, but i meant beer.

Rocket Edge
07-29-2014, 09:02 PM

Ah... Looking at this makes me miss home! Smithwick's Ale is my choice.

Rantz
07-29-2014, 10:44 PM
There are plenty of beer types I enjoy a lot. Different beers suit different occasions. Just about any lager or wheat beer works wonders just for chilling out when it's hot. Not picky at all then. Ales in general, IPAs not least, are good in most any occasion and tend to be good all-rounders with a bit more of a taste experience than the majority of lagers. Porters/stouts can be great too but they're definitely more of a sipping drink. I went to a beer tasting where they served a Russian Imperial Stout together with a slice of chocolate cake. I was super skeptical but they went together extremely well!

There are plenty of Swedish breweries that make super good beers. Oppigårds and Gotlands Bryggeri are two excellent examples, though I doubt they'd be easy (if at all possible) to get a hold of outside of Sweden. Brewdog is one of my favourite brands outside Sweden, they have all kinds of beer but they always hit the spot. Belgium and Czech Republic have some great ones as well, especially when it comes to lagers and wheat beers. Man oh man I love beer!

I love my Belgian Beer. I actually had a lovely afternoon yesterday with a couple of friends yesterday getting suitably drunk on Kwak which is probably my favourite beer ever.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-30-2014, 12:03 AM
I like beer.
My preferred beer though? My favorite of beers? Hm. Probably a good IPA or a hefeweizen style.
Also.

anything that comes out of Portland
Portland knows how to make beer. There are a few other cities I've been do that also do beer well (San Diego, Seattle, San Francisco), but nobody does it like Portland, Oregon. Nobody.

Widmer Hefeweizen. That is my preferred beer, I think. Can't seem to find any over here on the East Coast though.

As for what beer I drink the most. Mostly what I call beach beers. A pale lager on par with Corona or Landshark. Cheap and tasty.

Jess
08-03-2014, 03:30 PM
Lager lager lager. Lager is pretty much the only alcohol I drink nowadays (I still love you, cocktails).

Right now, it's all about Corona and Sol.

Mirage
08-03-2014, 03:36 PM

That is one hipster glass or whatever you have there.

Rantz
08-04-2014, 12:02 AM

That is one hipster glass or whatever you have there.

It's a Kwak glass for Kwak beer. It goes "Kwak!" when you're about halfway through!

NeoCracker
08-04-2014, 12:11 AM
I don't like Bear either, give me a Hard Cider over beer any day.

Quindiana Jones
08-04-2014, 12:48 AM
I've yet to have a night out in Paris drinking La Chouffe and/or Delirium without something incredible happening.

Sephiroth
08-04-2014, 01:01 AM
Ginger Ale.

Mirage
08-04-2014, 01:10 AM
Alcoholic or non-alcoholic?

Sephiroth
08-04-2014, 01:15 AM
Alcoholic or non-alcoholic?

You mean me? Without. I don't drink. That was a joke because it contains the word "Ale".

Bubba
08-04-2014, 09:05 AM
I don't like Bear either

Ultima Shadow
08-04-2014, 12:45 PM
I'm a picky person, though I do drink all kinds of beer. Lagers are the ones I drink the least though, and I won't settle for anything below a Sam Adams Boston Lager. All of my absolute favourite beers are either Barley Wines, Quadrupples, Imperial Stouts or strong Porters. Yeah... I like to sip.

Aside from Utopias - which can hardly be called a beer - my favs, off the top of my head, are: "Thomas Hardy's Ale", Northern Coast Brewery's "Old Stock Ale", Dieu du Ciel's "Rigor Mortis", Weyerbacher's "Heresy" and "Westvleteren 12".

...sadly, all of them are really hard to get your hands on. =/

For beer that's easier to come by, Kwak and Rochefort 10 are up there.

There are plenty of Swedish breweries that make super good beers. Oppigårds and Gotlands Bryggeri are two excellent examples, though I doubt they'd be easy (if at all possible) to get a hold of outside of Sweden

Ohmigosh, I can hardly see the text, using the Old School theme! =O

Anyway, "Sigtuna Bryggeri" is another great swedish brewery, so you should check that out if you haven't already. :greenie:

starlet
08-08-2014, 10:12 AM
HOW DID I MISS THIS. FER SRS. Anyway...I adore good craft beers. I'm also spoiled a bit in this area in the sense that there are good breweries everywhere. Im particularly fond of stouts, wheats, porters, reds, saisons, and lagers are OK. Im not too fond of most IPA's but there are a couple that ive had that i think are alright. I guess I'll go join the eoff hipster beer crowd :cool:

Uchu
08-08-2014, 02:53 PM
I don't drink all that often, but when I do it tends to be Kirin at the moment. But if i'm honest... :shifty: they all taste the same to me.

Anyway, Cheers!

Mirage
08-08-2014, 03:27 PM
Sounds like you only drink one type of beers. I can't believe you don't taste the difference between like like Heineken and Guinness

Uchu
08-08-2014, 03:47 PM
Haha. Your probably right. I only drink on occasion so perhaps it has more to do with not drinking enough to fully appreciate the difference.

Getting pretty thirsty now though.

Wolf Kanno
08-09-2014, 07:32 AM
In terms of commercial beers, I am always up for a Guinness (preferably a Black and Tan), Kirin Ichiban, Samuel Adam's Boston Lager, or a Killian's Red.

Micro is much harder to think about though my absolute favorite was a seasonal beer my old restaurant I worked for made called Winter Amber Ale. I am also a sucker for a good Pumpkin Ale.

Spooniest
08-09-2014, 09:12 AM
In terms of commercial beers, I am always up for a Guinness (preferably a Black and Tan), Kirin Ichiban, Samuel Adam's Boston Lager, or a Killian's Red.

I have never agreed with anyone more than this.

Cloudane
08-09-2014, 05:20 PM
Most cask ales, especially if it has "pale", "blonde" or "IPA" in the title :) But at the other end of the spectrum I also enjoy a stout. (Not Guinness, it's pants imo)

Araciel
08-10-2014, 07:22 AM
well if it's cold i'm probably gonna drink it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-7waHeaZEQ

seriously though only drink ^ this if it's offered.

This is my brand and I'll drink it til I die.

http://www.theflyingmonkeys.ca/

This ^ is our local brewery. They have one good lite beer and the rest is hoppy shite.

Some of the more far-flung but still mass-produced beers I've tried. I wanna go to another beerfest either in toronto or maybe somewhere cool.