PDA

View Full Version : Android/iOS Games

Del Murder
07-27-2014, 09:10 PM
I know it may be blasphemous to mention this on a hardcore gaming forum ;) but I actually really enjoy playing games on my cell phone these days. I much more often have 10-15 minute bursts of game time rather than the usual 30 min to a couple of hours needed to really get into a console or even handheld game.

The games I play the most are:

Cut the Rope. The objective is simple and innovative and makes for some really challenging puzzles. I also like how the mix it up with a new feature in each box.

Plants vs. Zombies. This is fun take on the tower defense genre with several different power ups to make each level a unique experience. This game can get pretty challenging too.

The Room & The Room 2 - This reminds me of those old school adventure titles where you must use the objects around you to solve puzzles. Both games are excellent.

What are your favorite games for the cell phone platforms? Anything you can recommend me based on my tastes?

blackmage_nuke
07-27-2014, 09:17 PM
Lazer Puzzle was a nice distraction for a few weeks and I recomend it if you like puzzles

Flow was good but after a while the solutions become very predictable
Their only down side is that theyre not very graphically polished

I currently have a 131072 tile on 2048 (in practice mode)
There was once I time where I three stared every level on four different versions of Angry Birds

and upon reading this thread I went to check if Hoggy was available for the Android and huzzah it finally is!

Del Murder
07-27-2014, 09:19 PM
I played Flow and like you I enjoyed it until it got predictable and repetitive.

Formalhaut
07-28-2014, 12:57 AM
I have this cute little word game called Wordly that my friends are absolutely in love with. Whenever I'm around (and my iPad Mini is always with me) they ask to play it. It is pretty fun, but I would hardly say that it was addictive. They can't get enough of it!

Here's a picture of it.

http://a5.mzstatic.com/eu/r30/Purple4/v4/0a/82/0f/0a820ff3-9011-2ff9-3d74-93e9c539caf8/screen568x568.jpeg

Del Murder
07-28-2014, 01:09 AM
Yeah that's called boggle. :p

Formalhaut
07-28-2014, 02:09 AM
Yeah that's called boggle. :p

I know what it's called! :roll2

Mo-Nercy
07-28-2014, 04:34 AM
Ingress: An augmented reality MMO GPS game. You walk around IRL, capturing pieces of public art or local landmarks (portals) and link them together with keys to create triangular fields, claiming territory for the faction you're a part of. It's good exercise, and a fun way to meet other people and explore your city.

It's consumes a massive amount of data and battery though. That, and some stalking/camping tactics from some opposing locals in my area have blunted my interest somewhat, so I'm not terribly active anymore. I still participate in the big organised events and farm items for the newer players.

QuizUp: Trivia game where you're paired up against a random player and take them on in a topic of your choosing. You earn experience by answering correctly and quickly and beating your opponents, and if you're really into a topic, you can check yourself out on the global and national leaderboards.

I was ranked first in the world in Final Fantasy for about a month before I was overtaken by some people who I suspect paid for XP boosters. :(

Flappy Bird: Yeah, I haven't uninstalled this. :D

Masamunemaster
07-28-2014, 06:34 AM
Ok I am glad someone had good games, and I need more haha. The only games I can submit are spluush, sea battle, piano tiles, and god of light.

Bubba
07-28-2014, 03:47 PM
Jetpack Joyride - I think I have spent more time on this than any other game in the last three years. Any time I get a spare moment I give it another couple of plays. I'm only a couple of hundred feet short of getting to 10'000 feet so I have to keep playing until this happens.

What is your highest score?

Freya
07-28-2014, 03:52 PM
I play a lot. My current obsessions are:

Piano Tiles
Bubble Witch 2
Angry Birds Epic

Mo-Nercy
07-28-2014, 04:13 PM

Still just 63. Stupid pipe. :(

Vyk
07-28-2014, 04:38 PM
Flowdoku is the only one to so far maintain a lengthy interest for me

escobert
07-28-2014, 04:44 PM
I just play luminosity games :p

Pike
07-28-2014, 04:46 PM
Angry Birds Epic

Why haven't you connected to Facebook????????? (and if you have why hasn't my game figured it out???)

Everybody install this and then connect to Facebook and then add me on Facebook. Don't be scared by the "Angry Birds" in the title, this is a genuine RPG.

Freya
07-28-2014, 04:47 PM
oh yeah. I also have a major problem with playing 2048 too much

I WILL DO SO!

arenzi
07-28-2014, 04:53 PM
I play Grand Theft Auto or SNES roms when I have too much time in the subway. Is that weird? Other than that I play Smash Hit sometimes.

Bubba
07-28-2014, 05:04 PM

Still just 63. Stupid pipe. :(

63 is still pretty respectable! Just ask MissH what her score is.

I got a bit obsessed with it for a while but I'm stuck on 299. Can't believe I was only 1 short! Not played for a while but I'll have to try and pass 300 at some point.

Slothy
07-28-2014, 06:27 PM
Angry Birds Epic

Why haven't you connected to Facebook????????? (and if you have why hasn't my game figured it out???)

Everybody install this and then connect to Facebook and then add me on Facebook. Don't be scared by the "Angry Birds" in the title, this is a genuine RPG.

I generally default to never connecting anything to facebook. I've blocked enough people and posts from their shitty games that I'm unlikely to ever go down that road without some foreknowledge that it won't piss off everyone I know.

Pike
07-29-2014, 04:25 AM
Angry Birds Epic

I generally default to never connecting anything to facebook. I've blocked enough people and posts from their troutty games that I'm unlikely to ever go down that road without some foreknowledge that it won't piss off everyone I know.

AFAIK Angry Birds Epic doesn't spam Facebook. The reason you connect to it is so the game auto-adds friends who are already playing and then you get extra items and access to their birds. Rovio is probably the most tolerable "casual game" company I think.

Re: the opening post - my favorite mobile games are Doodle Jump, Flappy Bird, and most Rovio games (the Angry Birds games, Bad Piggies, etc.) There are a couple others I have tried as well but they got uninstalled quick for being battery hogs.

Also re: the opening post - anyone who hates on mobile games can get out; these games are great for something to do when you're sitting on the toilet.

Mirage
07-29-2014, 03:33 PM
It's not even because I worry about spam that I don't link things to Facebook, but because I don't want fb to know what stuff I like. #tinfoil

Freya
07-29-2014, 03:49 PM
Yeah Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade is the tits. Don't be hating on mobile games.