PDA

View Full Version : Let's Fail: Left 4 Dead 2, with EoFFers SEASON TWO!

Psychotic
07-27-2014, 11:31 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/l4d2-title-card_zps51489855.jpg

Background
You may have visited this thread (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/158340-EoFF-Plays-Left-4-Dead-2) where the game was arranged. The plan was to hide behind expert shooter Vivi22 and let him do all the work. Unfortunately he didn't have L4D2 downloaded and couldn't play. This meant that only incompetence was left.

This is not meant to be a showcase of skills. Yeah, we suck. We know we suck. We're just trying to have a laugh and some fun, and hopefully you will too!

The Team
Leading the team with all of his plans and schemes is Dat Matt, the artist formerly known as Mr. Shauna. His chirpy disposition and knowledge of Left 4 Dead 2 prove invaluable in seeing the team through on this most zombie-filled of missions. That is, if he's not yelling about Lincoln's mullet.
Combat strengths: A master of the molotov, Matt is able to conjure up a whirlwind of fire at a moment's notice.
Combat liability: Fire doesn't discriminate between the living and the undead.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/1rochelle_zps46f195c0.jpg

Dat Matt

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/1ellis_zpsda75f506.jpg

PsychoticHumble narrator and host of the LP, Psychotic makes up for his inexperience in L4D2 with exuberance and enthusiasm. Favouring a wide variety of weapons, Psychotic will always be found in the thick of the action... or cowering in a corner.
Combat strengths: Surrounded by zombies? Psychotic will always be there to unload into the horde and rescue you.
Combat liability: The veritable hail of lead Psychotic provides will undoubtedly hit you as much as it does the zombies.[/td] Trying to add some sanity to proceedings to cancel out the unending stream of wackiness the boys produce is Shauna. Her endless patience is truly something to be marveled at.
Combat strengths: Shauna is always in the vanguard, leading the way with her axe... because she can't stand to be near the boys.
Combat liability: Her patented "Get out of my way, zombies, I need to put distance between me and them" approach often leads to her being isolated and easy prey for hungry zeds.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/1nick_zps98dca750.jpg

Shauna

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/1coach_zps83ee8a09.jpg

BalokiThe strong and silent type, Baloki does not talk very much and didn't even post in the L4D2 thread. When he does talk, it's either to provide an echo or to blame his team mates for the ensuing misery.
Combat strengths: Baloki is always prepared for a battle with the Witch.
Combat liability: ...because he always startles her.
[/td]

The Let's Play
There will be six video episodes, released once every two days. They won't be overly long videos, with only one video being over 20 minutes. The first one is less than ten!

Predictions
Let's have a little bit of fun and make it interesting. If you're reading this, don't just click off the thread, predict! I have a list of who views the thread so I'll know if you did! :zombert:

We can make it a little bit of fun, everyone can have favourites to root for and such like. Whoever gets the most right wins a prize!

Who will kill the most infected?
Who will die the most?
Who will use the most first aid kits?
Who will take the least damage?
Who will revive the most team mates?
Who will heal the most team mates?
Who will be the most accurate?
Who will get the most headshots?

And most important of all:

Will the team complete the campaign or will they rage quit?

Once we have a few people placing predictions I'll post the first episode. :zombie:

Aulayna
07-27-2014, 11:41 PM
Who will kill the most infected? Shauna
Who will die the most? Pyschotic
Who will use the most first aid kits? Psychotic
Who will take the least damage? Shauna
Who will revive the most team mates? Mr. Shauna
Who will heal the most team mates? Baloki
Who will be the most accurate? Mr. Shauna
Who will get the most headshots? Mr. Shauna

Psychotic
07-28-2014, 07:36 AM
You don't have a lot of faith in me! :p Thank you for the predictions though!

Any more for any more? It'll only take a minute - don't worry, you don't need to be an expert, it's just a bit of fun! If enough people join in I'll make the prize for the winner a :zombie: in their custom title.

Shauna
07-28-2014, 08:29 AM
This was a blast. :D I am hoping everyone enjoys!

Slothy
07-28-2014, 10:43 AM
Who will kill the most infected? Psychotic
Who will die the most? Mr. Shauna
Who will use the most first aid kits? Mr. Shauna
Who will take the least damage? Psychotic
Who will revive the most team mates? Shauna
Who will heal the most team mates? Shauna
Who will be the most accurate? Baloki
Who will get the most headshots? Baloki

Iceglow
07-28-2014, 05:28 PM
I'm going to say Baloki will fail the hardest.
Psy would do pretty good for kills though Mr Shauna also wouldn't be bad from experience
Shauna uses the most first aid kits and revive the most
Most headshots I think that's my boy Paul.

Dat Matt
07-28-2014, 05:42 PM
I forget the breakdown of what happened in that episode, but I'll say that my weapon of choice is a sniper, and Shauna's was melee. Take that as you will for how well we survived.

Psychotic
07-28-2014, 05:47 PM
Glad to see more people are having some faith in me! Couple more people make predictions and I'll post!

Pumpkin
07-28-2014, 05:50 PM
I have no idea what this game is or how it works, but I'll predict for funsies! (I have no idea what I'm doing DON'T LAUGH AT ME)

Who will kill the most infected? Matt
Who will die the most? Baloki
Who will use the most first aid kits? Baloki
Who will take the least damage? Shauna
Who will revive the most team mates? Psychotic
Who will heal the most team mates? Matt
Who will be the most accurate? Shauna
Who will get the most headshots? Shauna

Shauna
07-28-2014, 06:03 PM
Thanks for having faith that I can be a kind and caring team mate who gives da healz when need be. :love:

Slothy
07-28-2014, 06:25 PM
Glad to see more people are having some faith in me!

I do have a slight advantage in that I saw the scores listed in the game info while you guys were playing. I'm just assuming they relate in some way to how well you do overall.

Shorty
07-28-2014, 06:59 PM
Who will kill the most infected? Dat Matt
Who will die the most? Shauna
Who will use the most first aid kits? Dat Matt
Who will take the least damage? Psychotic
Who will revive the most team mates? Psychotic
Who will heal the most team mates? Baloki
Who will be the most accurate? Shauna
Who will get the most headshots? Psychotic

Psychotic
07-28-2014, 08:28 PM
K_ovZUJ5KIc

Shauna
07-28-2014, 08:44 PM
Erk dat mic volume. I have fixed that (hopefully). xD

Psychotic
07-28-2014, 08:48 PM
Notably Baloki did not say anything in that entire round. The echoes at the start were all him I think.

Slothy
07-28-2014, 10:26 PM
Oh Psy. Didn't even grab a second pistol before running down the stairs. :erm:

Good thing there was a deagle down there.

Except you ditched the deagle for a single USP.

Dat Matt
07-28-2014, 10:34 PM
I grabbed a deagle. I prefer it to the dual pistols.

Pumpkin
07-28-2014, 10:36 PM
I don't understand what happened? Who won?!?1

Who won the left 4 ded?

Slothy
07-28-2014, 10:36 PM
I don't care which option you use, as long as it's not a single pistol. Literally every other choice is better than that.

Shauna
07-28-2014, 10:37 PM

Who won the left 4 ded?

We all won!

Pumpkin
Oh yay :jess:

Psychotic

Except you ditched the deagle for a single USP.If you'd been there to explain to me what these things are none of this would've happened! :argh:

Definitely my worst round in this. I'm a newbie. I get better as it goes on - but have to live up to the title of the LP somehow, no? :shobon:

Dat Matt
07-28-2014, 10:39 PM

Who won the left 4 ded?

We all won!

This is a lie, no one won. Everyone lost.

Psychotic
07-28-2014, 10:39 PM
The losing hasn't even begun yet.

Shauna
07-28-2014, 10:40 PM
In this particular episode, we all win.

Pumpkin
07-28-2014, 10:40 PM
Oh

I dunno there was some shooting and some things and some noises

You know what's always good after a team sport? Sandwiches

Psychotic
07-28-2014, 10:44 PM
Don't worry shion, there's 5 more parts and a whole lot more failure. I was gonna do it every couple of days but I can do it daily if you guys want. What do you think.

The next episode has some play from me that will have Vivi with his eyes agape in horror xD The rest of my team mates probably don't realise what a cowardly troutbag I was too and they will after they watch it, hahaha. I'm howling with laughter just watching it.

Pumpkin
07-28-2014, 10:48 PM
Don't worry, you're all winners on the inside or something~

You can post them up as often as you'd like. I'm going to have to rewatch them a few times anyways to figure out what's going on xD

Shauna
07-28-2014, 10:49 PM
It is interesting to see the game from another person's perspective.

All I saw was blood and axes.

Aulayna
07-28-2014, 10:51 PM
Looks like a lot of fun! Haven't played L4D2 in yonks.

Shauna
07-28-2014, 10:53 PM
I imagine this won't be the last time... Next up DARK CARNIVAL

Psychotic
07-28-2014, 10:57 PM
I'm gonna post Episode 2 tomorrow. I was gonna do a day break in between but I really need to share the really awful moment. I did four terrible things in the space of 30 seconds that contributed to the death/downing of everyone on the team. :wacky:

Formalhaut
07-28-2014, 11:59 PM
I wish I could watch this, but I have a serious aversion to gore, horror games and movies.

How gory is Left 4 Dead? How scary is it? It isn't like monsters popping out at you is it?

Slothy
07-29-2014, 12:17 AM

Except you ditched the deagle for a single USP.If you'd been there to explain to me what these things are none of this would've happened! :argh:

Had you been a bit quicker finishing your first campaign I would have been happy to oblige. :p

L4D2 isn't scary. Things almost never pop out at you without you expecting them, and even when they do, it's hard to be afraid when it's zombie number 74 out of the 150-200 you'll kill in a given level.

And it's kind of gory, but honestly, unless you're trying to look art it the game frequently moves to quickly for it to be too noticeable as a spectator. Just leave it in 420p and don't maximize the screen and I doubt it'll be too bothersome.

Shauna
07-29-2014, 10:44 AM
We finished the campaign as quickly as we could. xD

And I second everything Vivi says about L4D and scariness. Nothing jumps out at you, because you can hear everything coming - the special infected all make silly noises and they are often pre-empted by some spooky music. Regular infected don't jump out either. They tend to run in herds. There is a lot of blood spatter, but it's not real feeling - it's too campy. xD

The only time L4D gets scary is when you're actually playing it and you are running low on health and you're limping towards the safe room and oh god are you going to make it, and even then it's not scary so much as intense. xD

Psychotic
07-29-2014, 12:50 PM
Yeah, it's more of an action experience than a horror experience.

Psychotic
07-29-2014, 06:58 PM
fWDWHkIR2JA

Doo dee doo dee doo, oh look, an axe. Hey Shauna, look, an axe. Yes I know you're talking about Tanks and already have an axe, but look!
Hmmm, I appear to have been thumped in the face. Well, rather me than someone competent. Better rush in their and save my friends by throwing a Bile Bomb. I have never used one before and have no idea what they do. I only just looked it up on the wiki before posting this.
I slightly hit the Tank with the Bile Bomb. I definitely hit Shauna.
Something flaming happens and I run away to leave Shauna and Matt to die.
Baloki is then carried away by a Smoker right next to me. I do not notice this.
I ignore all of my friends - even though they are in worse positions than me - to heal. But then I can't help them if I'm half dead, right?
"Behind you!" is the first thing Baloki says in the LP. I ignore this and go forward.
"Help, help! Heeeeeeelp!" yelps Baloki. I continue to ignore this to act the hero and "rescue" Shauna and Matt. My inaction leads to a defib having to be wasted.

I. smurfing. Rule. :cool: The best bit is that I think Shauna and Matt probably thought I stayed with them in the room to fight the tank and then heroically rescued them afterwards. NOPE. The end stats show I did some damage to it though, but fuck knows how.

To be fair, I think I more than made up for it at when I single handedly wiped out a horde piling in behind Matt, unseen! Some badass smurfing shotgun work right there.

Shauna
07-29-2014, 07:21 PM
Yes. Yes I did think you were saving us. What a dick. xD

Slothy
07-29-2014, 07:22 PM
I slightly hit the Tank with the Bile Bomb. I definitely hit Shauna.

Unless I'm having a severe lapse in memory, I'm 99.9% certain you can't hit teammates with bile bombs. That the tank was the only thing covered when you threw it would seem to confirm this. Bile bombs are also almost exclusively useful against tanks. They do as a distraction in other situations in a pinch, but pipe bombs are better for that and anything hit that isn't a tank dies too fast.

Pumpkin
07-29-2014, 07:24 PM
Okay so I watched this and I think I figured some stuff out
-You appear to be shooting zombies
-There is a lot of noise going on
-Psychotic keeps being told not to shoot team members
-There are voices of people who are not the players
-I didn't hear the Baloki thing :(
-Matt is a woman
-Shauna is a man?
-Someone says Yeeees really creepily at one point

How badly are my predictions going?

Slothy
07-29-2014, 07:33 PM
Also, just a bit of advice Psy: when surrounded by zombies, always melee before shooting. Every zombie you're not shooting is attacking you when you could push several away at once and take far less damage. And when you reload, melee. Melee doesn't interrupt the reload so if you're loading a clip and you're surrounded keep knocking them back.

Psychotic
07-29-2014, 07:35 PM
Ah, so I did a good thing when I hurled that Bile Bomb! It does seem the zombies in there are what took the tank down. ...by luck rather than design.

Also shion you do get Left 4 Dead. That's basically all there is to it xD When does the "Yeeees" appear? I'll try to identify the person who said it.

EDIT: Good to know Vivi, thanks. Will keep that in mind in future. I did feel like a lemon, standing about and reloading in the middle of a horde. I was in the Halo mindset where melee is your reload cancel. Obviously you won't see the benefit of that in this LP though haha

Pumpkin
07-29-2014, 07:38 PM
Around 4:48

Psychotic
07-29-2014, 07:39 PM
Hahaha, that would be Dat Matt.

Pumpkin
07-29-2014, 07:40 PM
I figured as much xD

I'm not sure what he's saying it to, but it stood out to me probably the most of anything in this video.

I'm weird

Shauna
07-29-2014, 07:51 PM
I forgot I charged into the spitter goop. xD Man what was I thinking.

Also dammit Matt stop setting everything on fire. Including my health kits!

Slothy
07-29-2014, 08:37 PM
Maybe I should write up a little guide as I watch these to help people play more effectively next time.

Psychotic
07-29-2014, 09:18 PM
Miiiiight want to hold off on that one, fella. Not that I don't think it'll be useful, but, ah, well, the real horror show of failure hasn't even begun yet. :D

Shauna
07-29-2014, 09:29 PM
If you really want to. I mean, I'm already pro at this game and don't need no hints and tips.

Slothy
07-29-2014, 10:41 PM
Yeah, but have you seen Psy play this game? Have you seen it?!

Psychotic
07-29-2014, 10:45 PM
Hey man, you're the one that backed me for most kills. Have some faith! I won't let you down... probably. :greenie:

Come on, the 7:40 was badass. Give me that one.

Slothy
07-29-2014, 11:03 PM
Hey man, you're the one that backed me for most kills. Have some faith! I won't let you down... probably. :greenie:

Come on, the 7:40 was badass. Give me that one.

I'm mostly ribbing you.

Though I might have to take the wind out of your sail since at 7:40 the zombies you killed were chasing the pipe bomb and wouldn't have attacked anyone (I think a couple might have tried to hit Shauna, but only because she was blocking the door). At least you tried though. And that's what matters the most. :monster:

Shauna
07-29-2014, 11:09 PM
It is our united efforts of trying really hard that got us through.

Psychotic
07-29-2014, 11:20 PM
I pull off a sick trick shot in tomorrow's episode that I am determined to get Vivi to say was okay! :D

It's cool though, I wouldn't have called it Let's Fail if I was trying to say I was good xD

I think I said this in the other thread but I think it's good to have a mix of newbie and expert. You have someone like me to get excited about police cars and deer heads that pros have seen dozens of times and don't even notice now. And it's good to be an avatar for people who have never played it. Then it's good to have people with more experience around to explain some of the more nuanced things like you'll see Matt explaining the last chapter.

Dat Matt
07-30-2014, 12:07 AM
I figured as much xD

I'm not sure what he's saying it to, but it stood out to me probably the most of anything in this video.

I'm weird

MY favourite thing to do in L4D is to take a molatov cocktail and throw it between one player and freedom. That's why so many things are on fire in this game. I am the worst person.

Iceglow
07-30-2014, 07:58 AM
thank god the versus footage isn't going up.... yet

Psychotic
07-30-2014, 05:49 PM
4JGhtqPxX2Y

The part I'm proud of is 1:17 when I bash a zombie up the stairs into Shauna's axe, and as she does so I beautifully nail a zombie coming up behind her with a headshot. Even Vivi can't say that was bad! :zombie:

Shauna
07-30-2014, 06:12 PM
I forgot that this was when things really went downhill for us. xD

Goddamn grenade launcher!

Pumpkin
07-30-2014, 06:29 PM
I give your event a 1/10, would not attend

Dat Matt
07-30-2014, 06:33 PM
I think the entire game would have gone better had people helped when I yelled "Help" down the mic.

Baloki saved me when Shauna and Psy ran off ahead of all of us <3

Slothy
07-30-2014, 06:34 PM
Yeah, that moment wasn't bad.

Just a note about the deagle: one shot to pretty much any part of the body will kill any regular zombie.

Oh my god the Boomer vomit through the door! :exdee:

Psychotic
07-30-2014, 06:34 PM
Which event, shion?

Just a note about the deagle: one shot to pretty much any part of the body will kill any regular zombie.I'll try to be more ammo preservative. I did have some latency/accuracy concerns so I start pumping bullets in just to be sure. :shobon:

Pumpkin
07-30-2014, 06:36 PM
The whole event going on in the video! The shoot zombies party 14 :party:

Shorty
07-30-2014, 06:43 PM
I think the entire game would have gone better had people helped when I yelled "Help" down the mic.

Baloki saved me when Shauna and Psy ran off ahead of all of us <3

Psychotic was constantly having to run back and save me when we played xD

I am excited to watch this! :hyper:

Psychotic
07-30-2014, 06:46 PM
The whole event going on in the video! The shoot zombies party 14 :party:Why wouldn't you come? Fun, shenanigans and disco pants? And, you know, our brutal and untimely deaths but that's neither here nor there!

Pumpkin
07-30-2014, 06:49 PM
The whole event going on in the video! The shoot zombies party 14 :party:Why wouldn't you come? Fun, shenanigans and disco pants? And, you know, our brutal and untimely deaths but that's neither here nor there!

I... I never wanted to tell anyone this but...

My husband was killed in the shoot zombies party of 09. It all started innocently enough. A shotgun here, a grenade launcher there... But then...

*deep breath*

He... he tripped on a crack in the street and feel head first on to a rock. It killed him.

I'm sorry it's just... it's hard you know? I've been trying to move on with my life but it's just

it's just hard okay

Psychotic
07-30-2014, 07:04 PM
He probably became an infected himself.

And you know what? He's probably that zombie I backhanded into Shauna's axe. :bigsmile:

Pumpkin
07-30-2014, 07:06 PM
You are a horrible man

Dat Matt
07-30-2014, 11:58 PM
Just a heads up guys, there is one more section to this campaign. Psy has footage of this campaign for 3 more episodes.

Good luck.

Slothy
07-31-2014, 02:14 AM
Just a note about the deagle: one shot to pretty much any part of the body will kill any regular zombie.I'll try to be more ammo preservative. I did have some latency/accuracy concerns so I start pumping bullets in just to be sure. :shobon:

Yeah, I know latency can be a factor. Especially in this game. Even when it seems to be running smoothly, sometimes shots still don't register because there's just so much stuff the servers are tracking. Plus at a distance the deagle drops off in accuracy. But up close it shouldn't be too bad.

Psychotic
07-31-2014, 06:40 PM
uYXOIOEPs6Q

Dat Matt
07-31-2014, 08:47 PM
RIP in peace everyone. Was fun while I knew you.

Shauna
07-31-2014, 08:51 PM
l

o

l

Dat Matt
07-31-2014, 09:03 PM
"Well, that didn't work"

Shauna
07-31-2014, 09:03 PM
If that wasn't a show of how to play L4D2 really well, I don't know what is!

Psychotic
07-31-2014, 09:30 PM
"Well, that didn't work"Had no need for an outro with that beautiful quote.

If that wasn't a show of how to play L4D2 really well, I don't know what is!I do. Episode 5 xD

Slothy
08-01-2014, 01:41 PM
I was almost proud of Psy when he meleed that Smoker to death.

Psychotic
08-01-2014, 01:56 PM
And did you see how many people I saved/protected while down?

This hot streak will not last though! I fail to realise that friendly fire is a thing, and it has dire consequences. As you will see in a few hours when I get home!

Shauna
08-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Oh man. The upcoming atrocities. xD

Psychotic
08-01-2014, 05:33 PM
ahxRse_iU4c

ONLY ONE MORE TO GO AFTER THIS!

Shauna
08-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Attempt #3. How can we have *another* episode. xD

Psychotic
08-01-2014, 05:51 PM
Your crowing moment of making Matt cry occurs in it.

Shauna
08-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Yes, every time something bad happens I say "Oh, yes, I remember this now", and things I so remember haven't come up yet - so I can see how we had so much content. xD

Iceglow
08-02-2014, 05:03 PM
The versus game with me in it could be summed up by the following: Picture of the Dog with a headset on with the caption "I have no idea what I am doing" overlaid with The Benny Hill Theme. Compared to my performance in the versus game, y'all doing fine.

Psychotic
08-02-2014, 05:20 PM
dKmkRrRrBXI

AND THAT'S ALL FOLKS

Slothy
08-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Haven't watched yet but when are we playing again?

EDIT for your thoughts:
- saw that gas can chain reaction coming a mile away.
- gas cans will respawn after you use them to set a fire in that level so they can be used in a pinch to save your ass
- you can melee while doing damn near anything in this game aside from healing or helping someone up. That includes when you're carrying something. Watching Psy get attacked from behind and just keep walking with the gas tank was painful. :exdee:
- more generally, Psy seems completely oblivious to the sounds going on around him. I recommend some headphones my good man. :)
- any time a teammate is grabbed by a Jockey, Hunter or Smoker, meleeing the player will free them immediately. I'm pretty sure they don't take damage from shots if you try to shoot them free until the infected is off of them, but if you're right beside them, just melee then kill the stunned infected. Pretty sure shooting the Smokers tongue in the event you don't have a good angle on the Smoker itself will free them too.

Psychotic
08-02-2014, 06:28 PM
My heroism saved the day though :cool:

Slothy
08-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Indeed.

And something else I forgot to mention, unless it's a special infected you really don't want to be standing next to, you can kill them in one or two hits from a melee weapon. Works really well for chargers since they have more health than the others and take longer to shoot to death.

Shauna
08-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Haven't watched yet but when are we playing again?

I am not free for the next three-four weekends, so if anyone else wants to plan it and play then go ahead.

Also poor Matt. xD I forgot how distraught he was.

EDIT: RIP In Peace Sheetlebug, your heroism did nothing.

Dat Matt
08-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Shauna Shot the Gas Cansters. Everything was on fire. Me.

http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1371/77/1371776459385.gif

This team lead me to suicide a few times.

Psychotic
08-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Results for the predictions!

Who will kill the most infected? Psychotic (Vivi22, Iceglow)
Who will die the most? Baloki (Iceglow, shion)
Who will use the most first aid kits? Psychotic (Aulayna)
Who will take the least damage? Dat Matt
Who will revive the most team mates? Psychotic (shion, Shorty)
Who will heal the most team mates? Shauna (Vivi22)
Who will be the most accurate? Psychotic
Who will get the most headshots? DatMatt (Aulayna)

Aulayna (2)
Vivi22 (2)
Iceglow (2)
shion (2)
Shorty (1)

...nobody wins, I guess! Still, I didn't do too badly at all. Especially if you look at the other stats, topped most of the special infected kills too. I can only imagine what Vivi would've done if he'd watched Baloki's screen xD

That's that... for now.

Shorty
08-04-2014, 05:25 PM
Ha, one! That's all I could ask for xD

Well done everyone, guessers and players!

Shauna
08-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Congrats! I am still surprised at my healing ratio since I am the one who always needs da heelz.

Psychotic
08-04-2014, 05:40 PM
I am like this in RPGs. I cannot stand not to have perfect health. HEAL HEAL HEAL OH GOD HEAL. It was jarring to me to see people running around with yellow/red health and a health pack but not giving a fuck!

Ayen
08-04-2014, 06:01 PM
ToriJ commentary on things and stuff that happened in things.

Psychotic: *Jumps around a lot*
Me: STOP JUMPING!

Me: (sees the "don't shoot teammate" thing keep popping up) Stop shooting your teammates! Gawd!

Rochelle: *says something*
Me: So that's what Shauna sounds like.
Shauna: *actually speaks*
Me: Oh.

Me: (after a zombie on fire falls out the building) That guy's on fire!

Me: (after Psychotic lets everyone dies to heal) I guess you could say they were...

:cool:
Left for dead.

Psychotic
08-04-2014, 06:03 PM
The jumping thing is just what normal people do when they play an FPS. :shobon: And they keep walking in front of my bullets, I can't help it!

Shauna
08-04-2014, 06:04 PM
Son of a beesting.

My microphone was terrible, I didn't realise it was so insufferable. Someone should have told me. xD I have fixed it now so that people can actually hear me next time.

Also, right, why haven't you been watching The Shaunas' FFX LP? Nobody has any reason not to know what I sound like. :nonono:

Ayen
08-04-2014, 06:08 PM
The jumping thing is just what normal people do when they play an FPS. :shobon: And they keep walking in front of my bullets, I can't help it!

Did you shoot a wall at one point?

Also, right, why haven't you been watching The Shaunas' FFX LP? Nobody has any reason not to know what I sound like. :nonono:

Because I'm a lazy smurf.

Dat Matt
08-04-2014, 10:47 PM

Because I'm a lazy smurf.

:colbert:

Slothy
08-04-2014, 11:12 PM
The jumping thing is just what normal people do when they play an FPS.

This is true. Unless jumping incurs some significant movement or shooting penalty in a game it is generally common to jump constantly. I never stop jumping in TF2.

Iceglow
08-05-2014, 04:43 PM
one of the best counter tricks to bunny hoppers is to crouch walk. They often end up shooting way higher, expecting someone to bunny hop. Instead you let their bullets go harmlessly overhead whilst returning fire.

Bunny hopping is useful because it protects the head hit box from harm which means you are less likely to die from a headshot.

Madame Adequate
08-08-2014, 07:13 AM
This is a good thread. You should all feel very proud!

Kalevala
08-08-2014, 08:55 AM
Dat_Rochelle's constant wheeze-laughter is the only thing that would have kept me sane.

Dat Matt
08-08-2014, 07:47 PM
I hated rochelle at first, until I learned I can spam pretty much every command for comedic effect.

Sucididing 3 times on the last level though was the fastest way to restart the level. No point in struggling through the game when it's pretty much doomed xD

Psychotic
01-13-2015, 06:16 PM
HhpvF5vPevU

The Eyes on FF crew tries to take on Left 4 Dead 2 once again, but of course they fail miserably as they face down Tanks and Chargers in Swamp Fever. Hilarity ensues when Matt sets everything on fire with molotovs, Paul tries to kill a tank with a frying pan, Steve is quite literally Left 4 Dead and Shauna expresses her dismay at the males of the species.

With Paul, Shauna and Matt reprising their roles as Ellis, Nick and Rochelle respectively, good ol' Steve joins the gang as Coach.

I will be honest, I sucked in this compared to last time. I was using a Xbox 360 controller rather than keyboard and mouse and it took a little getting used to!

Shauna
01-13-2015, 06:41 PM
We all sucked.

How much that related to Matt burning us all though...

Iceglow
01-13-2015, 07:09 PM
I love failing so hard!

Jinx
01-13-2015, 10:09 PM
This video makes me soooo happy.

I'm confused, though. Are you not always in a mall?

Shauna
01-13-2015, 10:11 PM
There are different scenarios - in this case, we're in a swamp!

Jinx
01-13-2015, 10:14 PM
Ah, I see!

Also, alligators, guys. We don't have crocodiles in NA. :shobon:

Jinx
01-13-2015, 10:15 PM
Oh my god I just got to the part where you left Steve behind and I'm dying.

Psychotic
01-13-2015, 10:17 PM
Oh my god I just got to the part where you left Steve behind and I'm dying.This train don't stop for no-one!

I like that my instant reaction to him going down was to immediately hammer that switch.

Jinx
01-13-2015, 10:21 PM
Also smurfing humming Taps and giving a 21-Gun Salute. smurf me. xD

Ayen
01-13-2015, 10:23 PM
Ah poopy, this is after my internet decided to die isn't it? I thought you recovered the first half of the game?

Psychotic
01-13-2015, 10:28 PM
Ah poopy, this is after my internet decided to die isn't it? I thought you recovered the first half of the game?I did. I'm still figuring out what to do with that. It's a bit difficult to make something cohesive with it because you have a lot of "dead" time where you wait to respawn and then choosing a spawn position and it's not compelling viewing. To explain my ideal situation with that, it'd be amazing to have footage from all six people (or just three or four) and everyone in a mass Skype conversation, and then you can show different points of action at different times. In campaign it's different because you have that one continuous narrative, gameplay experience and voice chat and you can simply post the footage with minimal editing. Versus is probably going to take a lot more editing so I figured I'd throw this up first.

Jinx
01-13-2015, 10:29 PM
Well, Shauna, I'm sure you're happy that you're not the worst person at this game anymore. xD

Shauna
01-13-2015, 10:33 PM
Why do you say that? :3

Jinx
01-13-2015, 10:33 PM
Why do you say that? :3

Steve.

Shauna
01-13-2015, 10:36 PM
To be completely fair to the guy, the reason he didn't make it to the safe room is because someone shot him just before he hobbled in.

The rest of his down time can be chalked up to that certain individual too.

Jinx
01-13-2015, 10:37 PM
Matt, right?

Psychotic
01-13-2015, 10:41 PM
Yes. He is a huge bully, troll and downright scoundrel. I had to italicise it because I felt regular text couldn't accurately convey how strongly I feel about it.
The rest of his down time can be chalked up to that certain individual too.Not all of it, Shauna...

Also I'll freely admit Shauna is better at this game than me too! Certainly controller me, as I did quite well on the first videos we shot. Though mouse me had the benefit of not being set on fire at every given opportunity, so who knows.

Shauna
01-13-2015, 10:41 PM
Oh, there's also that time I shot him to death too. So.

Ayen
01-13-2015, 10:43 PM
Ah poopy, this is after my internet decided to die isn't it? I thought you recovered the first half of the game?I did. I'm still figuring out what to do with that. It's a bit difficult to make something cohesive with it because you have a lot of "dead" time where you wait to respawn and then choosing a spawn position and it's not compelling viewing. To explain my ideal situation with that, it'd be amazing to have footage from all six people (or just three or four) and everyone in a mass Skype conversation, and then you can show different points of action at different times. In campaign it's different because you have that one continuous narrative, gameplay experience and voice chat and you can simply post the footage with minimal editing. Versus is probably going to take a lot more editing so I figured I'd throw this up first.

Ah, okay. You could always just use the parts where we're playing the survivors if nothing else.

Dat Matt
01-13-2015, 10:46 PM
Matt, right?

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/004/138/Left_4_Dead__Nyoro__by_DDRshaman38.jpg

Psychotic
01-13-2015, 10:47 PM
Ah, okay. You could always just use the parts where we're playing the survivors if nothing else.That's definitely something I've toyed with. I was also thinking of just doing a highlight reel of "action shots" though the problem is that they would all be my action shots, as I've discovered with this present series - the "Coming Up..." and the "Next Time..." all tend to feature stuff involving me but then they have to as I'm the cameraman. This episode is probably the odd one out as the main points of action are Steve/Shauna in "Coming Up..." and Matt in "Next Time..."

Sorry everyone for nerding up the thread by pretending I'm some sort of film director or something :p

Ayen
01-13-2015, 10:49 PM
Ah, okay. You could always just use the parts where we're playing the survivors if nothing else.That's definitely something I've toyed with. I was also thinking of just doing a highlight reel of "action shots" though the problem is that they would all be my action shots, as I've discovered with this present series - the "Coming Up..." and the "Next Time..." all tend to feature stuff involving me but then they have to as I'm the cameraman. This episode is probably the odd one out as the main points of action are Steve/Shauna in "Coming Up..." and Matt in "Next Time..."

Sorry everyone for nerding up the thread by pretending I'm some sort of film director or something :p

Next time I'll know to stand next to you at all times.

Shauna
01-13-2015, 10:50 PM
Though mouse me had the benefit of not being set on fire at every given opportunity, so who knows.

Yes, when dealing with the large amount of molotovs/explosives thrown at us, it becomes a whole new ball game for survival. Regular ol' zombie butt kicking is not enough. I have learned to be good at this particular brand of survival.

There are too many variables to adequately compare our talents.

Psychotic
01-13-2015, 10:50 PM
:up:

Though I still want to do my thing of everyone recording and splicing together the various footage.

And I also think that we should do an ongoing series where it's me and the Shaunas, and then each campaign a different person takes on the broad shoulders of Coach.

Shauna
01-13-2015, 10:52 PM
Next time we'll boot up OBS too (and Matt now has Twitch saving the recordings) so we should be able to do this.

And I also think that we should do an ongoing series where it's me and the Shaunas, and then each campaign a different person takes on the broad shoulders of Coach.

But after this run... who will want to play?!

Ayen
01-13-2015, 11:03 PM
Though I still want to do my thing of everyone recording and splicing together the various footage.

My problem is Fraps will only record for 30 seconds before shutting off, so I would have to constantly keep pressing F9 while playing the game and have way too many videos to go through when we're done. I don't know any other PC recording software I can get that's also free.

Shauna
01-13-2015, 11:07 PM
OBS :}

Galuf
01-13-2015, 11:35 PM
aye go with shauna OBS ( open broadcaster software) is awesome. i know this because i can use it. i can never use anything

Iceglow
01-14-2015, 12:09 AM
I'm fairly certain that at more than one point every single one of you shot me. I did take my revenge a few times, particularly on Paul. I'm glad that the me being downed and deciding to shoot him in the dick was left in.

Ayen
01-14-2015, 02:18 AM
I'm fairly certain that at more than one point every single one of you shot me. I did take my revenge a few times, particularly on Paul. I'm glad that the me being downed and deciding to shoot him in the dick was left in.

You were my first kill.

I think you were my only kill.

Iceglow
01-14-2015, 06:14 AM
I was more commenting on the campaign. However, in multiplayer I still say that the finest moment came when Vivi and was it you? tried to save Paul and the others right next to the safe room. Vivi didn't shut the door as he was backing away to safety so as the smoker I managed to physically yank him out of the safe room and see your team die.

Multiplayer was fun but I freely admit that I suck at L4D2. Though I can say that the 2 times I have ever played a Left 4 Dead game, and the 2 times I have played an FPS on anything other than a console in the past 10 years go hand in hand. Whilst FPS games are one of my favourite genres I never got round to playing L4D or L4D2 and I rarely use my Laptop for gaming.

Psychotic
01-14-2015, 07:18 AM
I never intentionally shot you apart from when you were an ass in the next episode. It's just my style to fire indiscriminately into a crowd! You can see that on every video in this thread. Revenge is silly unless it's on Matt.

Ayen
01-14-2015, 07:23 AM
It's okay, Steve. I shot Paul while trying to say him from a... whatever the hell it was. We're all even now.

Shauna
01-14-2015, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I also fire indiscriminately into crowds. Whoops. :shobon:

Psychotic
01-14-2015, 06:47 PM
ZmiUZ2WAHac

More Left 4 Dead 2 failure. Paul cannot wield a chainsaw in revenge to save his life, Matt cannot hit a zombie with a molotov to save his life and Steve simply just can't save his life in general. Oh, and Shauna is there too, doing all the work.

Probably my worst ever L4D2 round xD

Also apologies for the random bit where I stood on the wing doing nothing for about 30 seconds. EoFF's very own Faris had entered the room and wanted something. If I could remember what it was I would tell you but alas, it is lost to the mists of time.

Iceglow
01-14-2015, 07:06 PM
I have no idea what you meant about deliberately setting you on fire....

I was saving you. You had the devil in you and so I burnt him clean out of you.

Shauna
01-15-2015, 06:56 PM
There's a point in which I am enforcing my own personal Rules of Left 4 Dead: Matt Edition.

It's near the start of the episode, we're at a hut beside a little pier. I am actively taking flammable items and throwing them where Matt won't be able to use them to hurt us. I do try and shoot the fuel tank, but zombies keep happening.

It's only a short glimpse of it, but it's what I actively do throughout runs to minimise Mattstruction.

Psychotic
01-15-2015, 07:02 PM
Shauna is the watcher on the walls.

o7w1jZSLx8E

Ready for more Left 4 Dead 2 antics and trolling? Of course you are. After a discussion on Hoverbaths and Shauna's thigh pouch, the gang continue to pick their way through the swamp. dodging persistent attempts from Matt to burn their faces off. Just saaaayin'. A particularly grumpy tank shows up to ruin proceedings though. Never mind, at least there's an outhouse - toilet humour is still funny over the age of 13, right? Will Steve finally be able to complete a chapter...?

Shauna
01-15-2015, 07:04 PM
invisi-air

Psychotic
01-15-2015, 07:07 PM
Were you actively trying to kill Steve at the end there Shauna? :stare:

Shauna
01-15-2015, 07:17 PM
:shifty:

There may have been one shot taken.

Psychotic
01-15-2015, 07:18 PM
And yet I'm the one he's always trying to betray despite the fact I'm the one that went out there and saved his worthless hide :colbert:

Shauna
01-15-2015, 07:37 PM
:shobon:

Iceglow
01-15-2015, 08:23 PM
hahaha to be fair it wasn't just you I was gunning for. Watch that 3rd video again. When Shauna falls down off the bridge, there's an explosion of a butane bottle... look at the footage and tell me who I was trying to kill :D

Jinx
01-16-2015, 12:15 AM
HAHAHA the house burning. You can hear Matt quietly chuckle.

The outhouse LOL.

It sounds like the song that plays at the end of each level is that one Muse song.

Psychotic
01-16-2015, 07:05 PM
gSr2EsAWwLY

Our "heroes" find themselves at the last stand of Swamp Fever, awaiting rescue. How many failures will it take before they are whisked away on the boat? I just really really really want to use a machine gun but will Matt let me? Will he bollocks. Shauna goes wild with a machete and Steve? Steve's there too I guess.

Jinx
01-16-2015, 07:46 PM
You should let the viewers vote in the comments about which location you guys do next.

Psychotic
01-16-2015, 07:53 PM
We should have people vote on who the next Coach is going to be too!

Shauna
01-16-2015, 07:57 PM
Dead Center
Dark Carnival
Swamp Fever
Hard Rain
The Parish
The Passing
The Sacrifice
Cold Stream
No Mercy
Death Toll
Dead Air
Blood Harvest
Crash Course

There is enough L4D2 to do many many more.

Frickin' spawning 2 tanks at once though. What are you playing at, game?

Also, I had no idea that the fires of hell were being rained down on Psy throughout the entire thing. xD I was blissfully unaware.

We would need a pool of Coach players to choose from! If you are interested, let us know! :3

Jinx
01-16-2015, 07:59 PM
DARK CARNIVAL

Ayen
01-16-2015, 08:00 PM
NO MERCY!

I have no idea what that stage is but I'm assuming it's merciless.

Psychotic
01-16-2015, 08:42 PM
Also, I had no idea that the fires of hell were being rained down on Psy throughout the entire thing. xD I was blissfully unaware.It's my second time playing L4D2 and my first time on one of those machine guns and I was excited to give it a go and he ruined it! I'LL NEVER FORGIVE HIM! :(

I know DrAssenov said she'd love to play with us sometime!

Shauna
01-16-2015, 10:45 PM
But will the good doctor want to play L4D with us after all this!?

Psychotic
01-17-2015, 08:57 PM
s3L4uIHzmtE

"This time is for real!" announces Matt. Before continuing to shower his team mates with molotovs. As per usual, the gang does its best to combat this while also combating a plethora of tanks. How well does it go? Well, how do you think...?

Shauna
01-18-2015, 07:23 PM
"This time for real" - the cursed words that doom those who say it to failure.

I kicked butt that round. xD

Psychotic
01-18-2015, 07:27 PM
Finale Time!
UL21hwo8_ZA

No, really, let's try this one more time for serious. Blundering off ahead of the rest of the team leaves poor old Ellis taking a dirt nap, but some quick thinking from them saves his life. Pity they couldn't do much about a tank launching him off the balcony. Still, it's a fight to the finish and with the ship about to dock, who is going to survive and who will be Left 4 Dead...2?

Shauna
01-18-2015, 08:16 PM
Ninety-Six Friendly Fire Incidents.

Dammit Matt. It was not 17.

Also "Don't stop for them" - the only way to survive the finale, no matter what Matt might claim.

Dat Matt
01-18-2015, 08:22 PM
Also, I had no idea that the fires of hell were being rained down on Psy throughout the entire thing. xD I was blissfully unaware.It's my second time playing L4D2 and my first time on one of those machine guns and I was excited to give it a go and he ruined it! I'LL NEVER FORGIVE HIM! :(

I know DrAssenov said she'd love to play with us sometime!

That machine gun is faulty. It has a defect that set the surrounding area on fire. You should avoid using it in future campaigns.

Ninety-Six Friendly Fire Incidents.

Dammit Matt. It was not 17.

Also "Don't stop for them" - the only way to survive the finale, no matter what Matt might claim.

17 instances of friendly fire. 79 instances of malicious fire.

DanielCLFFF13
01-18-2015, 08:42 PM
Totally going to buy this game next week :D Love the videos :)

Shauna
01-18-2015, 09:01 PM
Excellent! If you want to play with us at any point, just give us a shout. :)

DanielCLFFF13
01-18-2015, 09:14 PM
Excellent! If you want to play with us at any point, just give us a shout. :)
I will, I hope it went to sale though :D

Psychotic
01-18-2015, 09:32 PM
To clarify on the tank launching incident, my plan was to drop the pipe bomb then jump off the balcony right as it explodes, killing the tank and making me look like a badass :cool: The flaw in the plan was that the railing was there - I was so used to the railing not being there thanks to a certain someone molotoving me. I turned around to jump off, awkwardly got caught between the railing and the gun, and then the tank came in and wedged me there, hence it looking unsmooth as fuck. When I finally managed to free myself, welp, yeah.

That machine gun is faulty. It has a defect that set the surrounding area on fire. You should avoid using it in future campaigns.You should let the newbies explore and experiment with new shiny things you big bully :colbert:

Old Manus
01-21-2015, 11:51 AM
I think I've had this sitting around on my Steam library uninstalled for the last few years. I played L4D1 a few times and I was absolutely woeful at it.

Psychotic
01-21-2015, 12:20 PM
You can be our next Coach.

Old Manus
01-21-2015, 12:28 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/anticipation.gif