PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Spheres/Boxes

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-29-2014, 03:49 AM
What would you like to see? The modern spheres of the XIII series? Do you prefer the classic treasure chests?

I wouldn't mind having the boxes change depending on which location you're in. If you're in a fiery place, have some steel chests. If you're in a forest, have some wooden crates. If you're in a floating city, have the floating spheres. I like it when you can look at an item chest and say "yeah, this fits here".

Pumpkin
07-29-2014, 03:51 AM
I liked what they did in Dark Cloud 2 and changed them by location.

Sadly this meant there were some very ugly treasure chests in Mount Gundor but what can you do

Colonel Angus
07-29-2014, 03:59 AM
It's probably going to be whatever's in XIII, because this game will be a crypto-sequel to that mini-series.

Freya
07-29-2014, 04:32 AM
I hope they change little things like that, it's those little things that give the most charm.

I have a soft spot for boxes

Scotty_ffgamer
07-29-2014, 05:45 AM
I want the treasure chest from FF VII's beginner hall to make a return. I just have a soft spot for treasure chests that drop down from the sky, eating a save point, and promptly inform you: "I AM A TREASURE CHEST!"

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-29-2014, 05:47 AM
I just have a soft spot for treasure chests that drop down from the sky, eating a save point, and promptly inform you: "I AM A TREASURE CHEST!"

They could also be mimics :plotting:

Psychotic
07-29-2014, 12:55 PM
I want the Fallout approach where everything is a treasure chest. Lockers, refrigerators, desk drawers...admittedly the "treasure" is usually a finance clipboard though.
I want the treasure chest from FF VII's beginner hall to make a return. I just have a soft spot for treasure chests that drop down from the sky, eating a save point, and promptly inform you: "I AM A TREASURE CHEST!"Finger?! What the Hell?!

Sephiroth
07-29-2014, 02:13 PM
An old-school modern treasure chest that is randomly placed for no reason everywhere.

metagloria
07-29-2014, 02:31 PM
I like the contextualized chest idea. But in general I favor classic chests. There's just something so pure about it.

Formalhaut
08-01-2014, 01:12 AM
I quite like the idea of 'chests' being everyday cupboards, and so on. I do find chests to be somewhat out of place looking sometimes. They are a classic though.