PDA

View Full Version : Appetizers In General

noxious.sunshine
07-29-2014, 06:18 AM
What's your fav appetizer/snack-y snack type of stuff?

I love love love dips and spreads- like my mom's cheese ball, spinach/artichoke/sun dried tomato/bacon dip, hummus, cheese dip, queso fundido, buffalo chicken dip- GIMME ALL OF IT.

But I also like just having a big ole cheese platter with yummy fancy artisan cheeses and olives and like sliced up Summer sausage, sliced pepperoni (from those pepperoni sticks), and some kind of cracker maybe- like triscuits! I ordered some like 18 month aged XXXtra sharp white cheddar cheese from FreshDirect one time that was absolutely to die for along with fontina, asiago, manchego, swiss, and a few others (was kind of expensive, too.. :/ ) ... I like making those up with a batch of my mom's bacon wrapped walnuts- those are Heaven- and a cinch to make.

I've done stuffed mushrooms a few times. In fact, I may make some tomorrow. I have a tub of baby bellas left, some parmesan cheese, and other stuff I could stuff and bake them with.

And of course, I love other things like cheese sticks with marinara, buffalo wings with ranch (they MUST be unbreaded, bone-in though, or I will not eat them), etc.

G. Mustang
07-30-2014, 03:04 PM
Crackers and/or potato chips. Fried soybean cakes and/or tofu are nice too.

Freya
07-30-2014, 05:34 PM
I really like pretzels with cheese at Applebees. IT's delicious. Any kind of spinach artichoke dip too. And any cheese sticks in general.

Shorty
07-30-2014, 05:40 PM
Pita chips and hummus, french bread and spinach dip, turkey and cheese wraps, stuffed mushrooms, bruscetta, tuna-stuffed cucumber slices, mini sandwiches or wraps. Yum!

StarCross1988
07-30-2014, 11:45 PM
Any kind of crunchy things with a dip is amazing.

It's crazy sometimes at restaurants how big appetizers are. I've gotten some that were like the size of an entree.

Araciel
07-31-2014, 03:37 PM
I love a ton of 'em but my favourite is the Cactus Chips from Boston Pizza.

Shiny
08-01-2014, 01:11 AM
Back when I ate a crap ton of cheese I adored the assorted melted cheese on nacho appetizer that Red Lobster had or has -- I dunno I haven't been there in a while.

Jess
08-03-2014, 03:24 PM
The nicest starter I've ever had was called "Wexford Mushrooms". Mushrooms cooked in a creamy white wine sauce, on top of grilled ciabatta bread. It was divine.

I also love garlic mushrooms. Or baked Camembert or Brie with dipping breads and chutney. Mmmm.

Ayen
08-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Wavy potato chips, nachos, cheese crackers, pudding, cookies, wheat bread.