PDA

View Full Version : Announcement: Unprecedented changes on Eyes on Final Fantasy staff!

Loony BoB
07-29-2014, 11:04 AM
A new announcement has been posted. This is the official discussion thread for the announcement.

So many EoFF staff changes. So many!

Over the past few weeks, the staff has been making plans for a dramatic restructuring. This included changing the way the staff forums work, setting up a new staff group, improving our ability to recruit new hires, upping our game in Social Media and advertising for some new positions. And now? Now it's happening and we can finally stop sneaking around in the staff forum whispering about what is to come. Hooray! Well, sort of hooray. Sadly, we are also seeing a couple of fantastic people step down from staff. And so, without further bumbling about, let us detail the changes going on with staff...

Aulayna, as you may have noticed, recently stepped down from her positions of Editor and Developer. Aulayna has always been an incredibly productive member of staff, and it's a massive loss to us to see her go. I want to thank her on behalf of all the staff for her work on the frontsite, because it's been excellent. We'll always be grateful, Aul!

fire_of_avalon, one of the longest-serving staffers in EoFF history, has also decided to step down from her position of Cid's Knight. We all love foa and we will miss her immensely within the staff forum. She has taken the time to write out a little note for everyone, so here it is!

Dear Friends,

It has been the pleasure of my life to serve you these long years. I hope in my time I have done a few things right and have made your experiences better.

My time as a Cid's Knight is over, but my time in this community is far from done. And I'm excited. Because the Staff I'm leaving behind has such amazing potential, creativity and dedication that I know we're coming into a new era to improve our community every single day.

Thank you so much for the ride so far and for the journey to come.
All the best, foa!

Shorty is stepping down from her position of Social Media Manager, but will continue her role as Cid's Knight. Dr Unne is stepping down from his position of Developer, but will continue in a new role of Tech Admin. Both of these two have been fantastic in their respective roles and we're really happy that they will be able to continue providing a presence in the staff forum!

New boy Colonel Angus and old boy Lone Wolf Leonhart are joining the Editor team! We can't wait for them to start churning out articles, and we hope that the addition of two new members will help fill that gap felt after Aul & Raist's departures.

Dat Matt - formally (sic) known as Mr. Shauna - and shion are joining staff as Social Media Managers. Matt has already got some experience in producing content alongside Shauna for the YouTube channel, while shion has already started posting content on our Tumblr.

Lonely Paper Star will be joining staff in a new position - Chat Operator. She will be joined by o_O, Rantz and Shauna who will also get this title. Naturally, all other ops that exist in #eoff will retain their op status and continue their fine work, but these four members of staff will be titled and be the "go-to" people for any chat related issues, alongside myself.

Quin and Scotty_ffgamer are our new Cid's Knights. Fun fact: We would have announced all of these changes about a week earlier if Quin didn't decide to go camping. What a punk. Either way, we're delighted to have two new faces on the forum moderation team!

Blimey, that's a lot of change. This is unprecedented. I think the highest number of changes we've had prior to today is about 3-4, outside of the very early days where Cid needed to put together his first team. I hope you can joing me in thanking our departing staffers and offering congratulations to our new staffers! They all deserve it!

Shauna
07-29-2014, 01:46 PM
I know what you're all thinking, and yes, this is the beginning of the end for EoFF. All these losers on staff? It's all over.

Ayen
07-29-2014, 02:12 PM
I expect vast improvements on how the site is ran within the fortnight :colbert:

Aulayna
07-29-2014, 02:20 PM
Congratulations to the winners! Oh wait.. this isn't the Ciddies.

Del Murder
07-29-2014, 02:23 PM
Congrats everyone on your new roles. Also to foa, who joins us in the EoFF retirement community (it's cooler than staff).

Edit: Why am I a chat operator? :p

Psychotic
07-29-2014, 02:42 PM
EVERYBODY IS A CHAT OPERATOR! Congratulations!

Old Manus
07-29-2014, 02:51 PM
Congrats to all the winners?

Mirage
07-29-2014, 03:20 PM
All these new staff members suck. Colon double colbert colon

Agent Proto
07-29-2014, 04:53 PM
Congrats to everyone promoted and thanks to those stepping down.

Bubba
07-29-2014, 05:39 PM
I see my application for Head of Potatoes was rejected once again.

Sod you all.

Pumpkin
07-29-2014, 05:40 PM
u guise are just jelly

jelly belly

Shauna
07-29-2014, 05:45 PM
I see my application for Head of Potatoes was rejected once again.

Sod you all.

As a great lover of potatoes, I was fighting for you, but they just weren't having it.

Mirage
07-29-2014, 05:50 PM
I understand that my initial assessment might have been a bit harsh. You're not all terrible. I would like to make a very short list of exceptions:

Colonel Angus
Lone Wolf Leonhart
Dat Matt
shion
Lonely Paper Star
o_O
Rantz
Shauna
Quin
Scotty_ffgamer

blackmage_nuke
07-29-2014, 05:59 PM
No ridiculously themed CK choosing forum contest? What is this!?
Congrats to all the former staff who've escaped, condolences to those now sucked into the machine.

Dat Matt
07-29-2014, 06:02 PM
Something something new reign of terror.

Something something Like and subscribe to the youtube channel.

metagloria
07-29-2014, 06:03 PM
You mean there are people in charge of this place?

Pumpkin
07-29-2014, 06:04 PM
No, but we like to pretend :(

Scotty_ffgamer
07-29-2014, 06:51 PM
Wait, the whole basis of my plans as CK was for Bubba to be Head of Potatoes. I'm sorry, but I don't know if I can work under these conditions.

CimminyCricket
07-29-2014, 06:59 PM
Congratulations to all C:

Freya
07-29-2014, 07:03 PM
I understand that my initial assessment might have been a bit harsh. You're not all terrible. I would like to make a very short list of exceptions:

Colonel Angus
Lone Wolf Leonhart
Dat Matt
shion
Lonely Paper Star
o_O
Rantz
Shauna
Quin
Scotty_ffgamer

D:

Shauna
07-29-2014, 07:13 PM
don't fuck this up guys :colbert:

Too late

Pumpkin
07-29-2014, 07:14 PM
don't smurf this up guys :colbert:

Darn it Sam, RUIN ALL OF MY PLANS
http://media1.giphy.com/media/sIE0hveuiwCNG/giphy.gif

Del Murder
07-29-2014, 08:32 PM
foa's heartfelt farewell message as a member of staff reminded me that I never posted mine. So here you guys go, from the bottom of my heart:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100605182133/simpsons/images/2/22/BartBlackboardSoLongSuckers.png

Slothy
07-29-2014, 08:40 PM
Congrats to all the losers!

The Man
07-29-2014, 09:49 PM
my condolences to the new staff on the loss of your freedoms

Formalhaut
07-29-2014, 11:32 PM
Good luck to all the capable staff! :D

Yamaneko
07-30-2014, 12:26 AM
Is your tenure on staff still counted if you left a back-door open in the permissions so that you can access the control panel even five years after "stepping down"?

Hypothetically of course.

Del Murder
07-30-2014, 12:39 AM
I bet you left your back door open :jokey:

Yamaneko
07-30-2014, 12:44 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-or0EtuglHFY/TwvdxaIoG2I/AAAAAAAAAYk/10nhIuvPS94/s1600/simpsons-shifty-dog_o_GIFSoup.com.gif

Mirage
07-30-2014, 01:46 AM

Colonel Angus
Lone Wolf Leonhart
Dat Matt
shion
Lonely Paper Star
o_O
Rantz
Shauna
Quin
Scotty_ffgamer

D:

huh what did i forget you? :( i double checked the list and all!

Quindiana Jones
07-30-2014, 06:37 AM
Requesting volunteers to guinea pig for my mod tests. Applications through PM. Compensation may be negotiated upon completion of experiments, and may have a value up to the equivalent of your suffering.

Many kind regards.