PDA

View Full Version : Let's not touch Sphere Grid!

Ergroilnin
07-29-2014, 04:42 PM
Okay since I need some distraction with the FFIX challenge (I can't mentally take seeing 1000 resets a day) I thought about finally getting a go at the HD remaster, I actually started yesterday but got just half hour in so far.

In the end I am just going to end up doing NSGNO (No Sphere Grid No Overdrives) without any walkthroughs and after Seymour Omnis and capturing I'll do NGS monster arena (hello Shinryu, already looking forward to 2500 tries before killing you)

Sorry for the now wasted thread I previously made and for all your thus wasted ideas but heart now says NSGNO clearly >_<

So yeah just got thrown out of Dream Zanarkand, I will give it some more playing later today.

Dat Matt
07-29-2014, 09:22 PM
Is this in line with the other challenge you had suggested, or is this the challenge for fun?

Who is your main team for this run?

Ergroilnin
07-29-2014, 10:10 PM
In the end this will be the challenge for fun since NSGNO isn't really hard whatsoever and will entertain me more with making up strategies for bosses.

Not sure if I will have a main party but Rikku is definitely gonna be in all the time. Steal and Use are OP and I enjoy them. Also a frequent visitor will be Yuna with the Aeons, who I can actually teach stuff later on.

Dat Matt
07-29-2014, 10:26 PM
How do you find the Aeons in FFX. I mostly use them as a shield when I know powerful attacks are coming.

Ergroilnin
07-29-2014, 10:54 PM
I personally love every one of them (Okay I don't love Yojimbo but i do love Daigoro!) and I enjoy using them very much. That's whole reason I am not forbidding myself from using them. I don't know why but I just really liked the idea of controlling them instead of being harder hitting more mp costing magic like in older FFs.

Also, I liked their designs and the existence of new summons. Some people had problem with there not being a water aeon but since Sin is basically a gigantic aeon that mostly resides in water, I always thought having one on the team would be redundant.

I am serously thinking about long-time project of buffing up each aeon enough to take on their Dark counterpart.

Dat Matt
07-29-2014, 11:43 PM
I wonder if that's possible. If you do end up doing it, you should record the battles. Would be a great series to watch.

Ergroilnin
07-30-2014, 07:27 AM
If I do it I will try to record but I am not sure about the quality since Vita can't record, I am not spending 400 dollars for capture card, so the only way would actually be to point camera at the screen X_x And also it's not really possible for all of them.

Valefor-Yojimbo sure. Magus sisters maybe if taken one by one. Dark Anima definitely not. She was defeated ONCE in ten years on NSG as far as I know and she requires insane luck.

I gave the FFX a little go yesterday and got to Besaid, and while I am getting used to the new faces, I dislike the remixed music. Feels to "complex" I liked the original simple versions better... Don't touch what isn't broken ._.

Also is it just me or is the audio lip synch totally out of place now in HD?

Nebulance
07-30-2014, 12:00 PM
I gave the FFX a little go yesterday and got to Besaid, and while I am getting used to the new faces, I dislike the remixed music. Feels to "complex" I liked the original simple versions better... Don't touch what isn't broken ._.

Also is it just me or is the audio lip synch totally out of place now in HD?

Some of the songs sound a bit better; some are different -- like Spira Unplugged. I like the original version the most, but the remastered/rearranged version is good too. I agree, the lip sync is completely off most of the time in HD.

Ergroilnin
07-30-2014, 12:28 PM
To be honest so far I am rather dissapointed with the HD remaster.

Shauna
07-30-2014, 01:36 PM
Pretty sure the lip sync wasn't fantastic in the original.

Ergroilnin
07-30-2014, 01:55 PM
It sure wasn't but it was way better.

metagloria
07-30-2014, 02:07 PM
I'll make you a deal: I'll use the Sphere Grid in X, but won't touch it in X-2. How's that?

Ergroilnin
07-30-2014, 02:11 PM
I'm gonna offer you a deal you can't refuse. Do the opposite you said.

Shauna
07-30-2014, 03:34 PM
I dunno if it is worse. I imagine that we've all become more accustomed to higher quality lip syncing, and also with it being HD the differences are probably more pronounced.

But hey ho, I don't care nor have I paid attention to the lip syncing issues. xD

metagloria
07-30-2014, 04:06 PM
I'm gonna offer you a deal you can't refuse. Do the opposite you said.

Counter: I'll use the grid in X and X-2, but not XII.

Ergroilnin
07-30-2014, 04:11 PM
I dare you, I double dare you motheriron-tailFratley, say that one more goddamn time.

metagloria
07-30-2014, 04:14 PM
Okay okay, I won't touch the Sphere Grid in X.

...until I start playing it again.

Formalhaut
07-31-2014, 02:00 PM
How do you even do a NSG game? How do you survive with like 520 HP?!

Ergroilnin
07-31-2014, 02:09 PM
Rikku with steal and use is incredibly overpowered. She's so overpowered it's actully possible to get through the game in NSGRONO (No sphere grid, Rikku only, No overdrive) up to the second form of BFA.

Also in only NSG, aeons can get really strong through the spheres.

metagloria
07-31-2014, 02:25 PM

This is the only reason I would ever think about maybe attempting this - I almost never buffed up my Aeons in a normal game because I was always using the spheres for my characters.

Ergroilnin
07-31-2014, 02:32 PM

This is the only reason I would ever think about maybe attempting this - I almost never buffed up my Aeons in a normal game because I was always using the spheres for my characters.

Well I love using aeons (not because they are strong but because I like controlling them), and you can easily defeat anything in the game as long as they don't instanty kill your aeons (Seymour).

Ergroilnin
07-31-2014, 10:49 PM
Okay so far I got to Kilika, actually I already beat Lord Ochu (no overkill though since I can't use overdrives :( ) and gotten Ifrit. The real challenge though will start after I get Auron in the party.

Ergroilnin
08-01-2014, 09:28 PM
So I just got right to before the Operation Mi'hen takes place. I won the blitz tournament my first try. I unfortunately lost to Belgemine but there's no helping it, with overdrive forbidden and nsg it's basically impossible to win unless you get in like 300 battles before. On the other side I pushed Chocobo Eater off the cliff pretty easily.

The road has been pretty dangerous though, I almost died few times already >_<

Formalhaut
08-01-2014, 10:07 PM
So I just got right to before the Operation Mi'hen takes place. I won the blitz tournament my first try. I unfortunately lost to Belgemine but there's no helping it, with overdrive forbidden and nsg it's basically impossible to win unless you get in like 300 battles before. On the other side I pushed Chocobo Eater off the cliff pretty easily.

What does Belgemine say if you lose to her? I never have, ever. :p

Ergroilnin
08-01-2014, 10:17 PM

What does Belgemine say if you lose to her? I never have, ever. :p

Basically that Yuna needs more training but shows promise and has potential to get Sin someday.

Ergroilnin
08-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Today I played FFX lots!

Yesterday I saved just before the Mi'hen operation. so today right of the bat was the fight with Sinspawn Gui, which is pretty... well not exactly hard, but lengthy fight. Took like 25 minutes and I used up pretty much all MP.

Djose temple is easy when you do it for umpteenth time! The road to Moonflow is crazy long though. I met Belgamine second time and lost for the second time even though it was Valefor+Ifrit vs Ixion. Oh well I still got Summoner's soul so skills for Aeons here I come!

On the Moonflow I had to fight the Extractor which is really one of the harder bosses of every NSG game considering you got only two chars and no Rikku, but thanks to my last NSGNONCNSNENNENBB run, I was well prepared and with some slight comlications got him on first time.

What was my reward? Noone else than sexy Rikku! Aww yeee. After boring BS in Guadosalam I just ran through the Thunder Plains and Macalania Forest straight for Spherimorph.

That one was actually really easy even though a little lenghty as well. I just had to make him change to Fire property, summon Ifrit and smash X till he was dead.

That's where I got so far today. Now after witnessing the first Jecht Sphere I will actually go all the way back to Besaid for the Jecht Sphere because I want to have everything (all Aeons, all Overdrives, all Al Bhed primers, all Celestial Weapons fully upgraded) on save before killing any of the Dark Aeons and if I don't come back for the sphere now, there will be Dark Valefor between it and me so I have no choice really.

But it's not that bad, I will at least have a lot of stuff stolen from going back to Besaid and back to Macalania again and I will have much stronger aeons thanks to the natural stat boost. However it will probably take me whole day to complete that journey.

Ergroilnin
08-03-2014, 11:00 PM
Phew I got all the way to Besaid and for the first time I actually saw the spheres in right order. Well not all the way back again ._.

Ergroilnin
08-07-2014, 01:27 PM
Oh I didn't update this as of late. I still do play regularly!

I went all the way back from Besaid to Macalania now. It wasn't really interesting but on the way I done a lot. First I was stealing like crazy especially in Thunder Plains and secondly, I played a lots of blitzball. First League was for Teleport Sphere (Evade and Counter), then tournament for attack reels IIRC, then another league for Status Reels and as the most awesome bonus Return Sphere for best scorer which is obviously Tidus.

So now Wakka already has 3 outta his 4 overdrives. Not like he can use them though, but it will make blitzball less of pain in the ass later when I'll aim for his sigil. And Rikku now has First Strike + Evade and Counter on her weapon which makes her ultra awesome and overall makes all stealing that much more bearable. I'll probably tackle Seymour tonight. Still gotta steal a bit in Macalania though.

Ergroilnin
08-10-2014, 07:08 PM
Today I kicked some ass. Evrae, whole Bevelle and Seymour #2 kicked the bucket. Also got cloudy mirror and beat all Belgemine's aeons at remiem temple for first rewards.

Now I don't know if I should torture myself with catching first or obtaining Caladbolg and the crest first so it's done. Hmm.

Dat Matt
08-10-2014, 08:51 PM
I'd leave the monster hunting till the end of the game. I never found Chocobo too hard.

Ergroilnin
08-10-2014, 09:37 PM
Aww ye, gotten Caladbolg and Sun Sigil in about 45 minutes which is nice imo. Was way damn close tho. 35.9 sec, 12 birds, 0 birds. If I was one tenth of sec late, all I would get is lovely Turbo Ether and then I would probably throw my Vita out of the window :x

Ergroilnin
08-12-2014, 08:44 PM
Uh I'm stuck on catching the fiends. Getting them 10 marlboros takes time and many tries ._. I need to catch them now for the sweet items and also so I don't hate myself later on when I get to catch the rest.

Ergroilnin
08-14-2014, 09:38 PM
Phew catched 10 monsters each from Thunder Plains and Calm Lands and from items gotten I gave every Aeon Doublecast + made awesome Auto-Haste/Shell/Protect armor for Tidus that's definitely help with more catching.

Plus I stole like mad things like Poison Fangs, Dream Powders n stuff for further catching. It's actually pretty hard when you aren't escaping from any battle and aren't using sphere grid. Stuff gonna take weeks. My play time is already around 45 hours and it's gonna get much higher ._.