PDA

View Full Version : Are You A Morning Person or a Night Owl?

Pumpkin
07-29-2014, 06:36 PM
When do you thrive, morning, noon, or night?

I'm a night person myself. Doing anything before 10 am? No thank you. 10 pm? Yes please!

Shorty
07-29-2014, 06:41 PM
My body unintentionally wakes me up between 5-7 am, but I do not enjoy it.

Night owl, I'd say.

Ergroilnin
07-29-2014, 06:47 PM
I am night owl allright but that carries a lots of problems with it since the night is dark and full of terrors!

But no really I love being up in the night and I can be most productive in that time but it does not cope up well with other parts of my life so I am forcing myself to go to bed 1 am the latest and wake up at 8 am even on weekends.

Parker
07-29-2014, 06:49 PM
i used to be a night owl but it's kinda switched around the last couple years. i dont mind it but my metabolism is ridiculous and i can eat before work at 7 and then be super hungry by 9 or 10

Lonely Paper Star
07-29-2014, 07:02 PM
Night owl, for sure. I wish I could be a morning person, though; being up early makes me feel more productive even when I have no plans or errands.

Freya
07-29-2014, 07:05 PM
I feel more productive in the evening, creative, comfortable, and awake. Yet I have a day job so I have to get up early and it sucks cause I go to bed late due to the owling.

arenzi
07-29-2014, 07:22 PM
Usually morning. Most of the time I'm up by 7 but I prefer to get up at 8 or 8:30 on weekends. Heck I did my laundry at 6:30 this morning.

Vermachtnis
07-29-2014, 08:54 PM
Because I work second shift, I'm up at the crack of noon. Give or take.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-29-2014, 11:26 PM
I'm a nigh owl, definitely. I don't function well in the morning.

Formalhaut
07-29-2014, 11:43 PM
I wish I could be both because I enjoy both the night and the morning. I like both times of day as they're normally quite quiet and especially in regards to the morning - because the day has just started nothing has gone wrong. As the day progresses, more and more things go wrong or have the chance to, so on balance, I would say I prefer the morning. Having said that, I'm always a night owl. I like the night. It's so damn peaceful, normally. I wish I could be both. But you can't, really.

Shiny
07-30-2014, 12:47 AM
I'm a night person who is most productive between the hours of 12pm - 1am.

Colonel Angus
07-30-2014, 01:02 AM
I'm a night owl. I hate having to wake up early, however, I still like to work 1st shift. In spite of that, it's almost impossible for me to go to bed before 11pm.

Mo-Nercy
07-30-2014, 01:48 AM
I'm naturally a night owl, but work has recently forced me to become a morning person who needs to nap in the afternoon.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-30-2014, 02:29 AM
Night Owl.

Sometimes if I have to go into work at 8am I consider pulling an all nighter.

Ayen
07-30-2014, 02:42 AM
More of a night person these days. Sleep all day, up all night.

Sephex
07-30-2014, 04:50 AM
I have to be a night owl since I work third shift, as I have stated too many times on this forum. I also enjoy staying up late in my free time. Well, also my body is used to it now.

Agent Proto
07-30-2014, 05:18 AM
It turns out that I'm both a night owl and morning person. Is there such a thing? If I get up early, I'll probably get some things done. :O

Edge7
07-30-2014, 06:20 AM
I'm a Night Owl who desperately wishes he had the willpower to get up early.

Skyblade
07-30-2014, 06:26 AM
I'm noticing a trend here.

I'm a Night Owl as well.

-M-
07-30-2014, 07:34 AM
Night owl. I'm currently working split ahifts so start at 10am which is very early compared to what I'm used to. It doesn't seem to matter how much sleep I get, if I wake up before 12pm my body decides to not bother working.

Loony BoB
07-30-2014, 11:53 AM
Night owl mostly, but I tend to wake early and enjoy those days where I can wake and do what I want all morning until Danielle wakes up without worrying about work, what Danielle wants to do/watch/listen to, etc. :) It's a balancing kind of thing.

Pike
07-30-2014, 01:34 PM
Well I guess I'll be the combo breaker. I am a morning person for sure; if I could devise the perfect schedule for myself I'd wake up at 5am every day, work a 6am-2pm shift, and be in bed by 9pm. Currently I (usually) have to wake up at 3am for a 4am shift, which is pushing it, but having worked the alternative (i.e. noon-evening) I much prefer 4am. Heck I wake up at 3am on my days off and it's lovely. :heart: My bedtime is 7pm, it's a wee bit early for my taste but not too much.

I cannot understand people who are still up at like midnight or 1am or whatever. I always tell Huxley to go to bed earlier but of course he does not listen to me. :( I am also in awe of people who work overnight shifts; I'm working that this week (10pm-6am) and I want to die. 10pm to 6am is when everyone should be asleep!! :(

Freya
07-30-2014, 03:53 PM
That's what makes that time perfect! The world is quiet in slumber. You can think without distraction, you can work without distraction, you can be by yourself without anyone bothering you cause they are all asleep. Plus the world isn't so open as you can't see it all. The world just gets a little smaller and you're not so worried about those big wide open spaces of people and things. Night time is glorious! All praise the night! Silencer of Children, Whisperer of Slumber, the glorious King of Darkness.

G. Mustang
07-30-2014, 03:57 PM
I sleep really late at night, especially during holidays.

Pike
07-30-2014, 04:26 PM
That's what makes that time perfect! The world is quiet in slumber. You can think without distraction, you can work without distraction, you can be by yourself without anyone bothering you cause they are all asleep.

I agree, and this is exactly why the early morning is my favorite. Because all of YOU people are finally asleep.

I chose my early morning shift specifically to avoid people. It's working great so far!

Noire
07-30-2014, 04:47 PM
I'm a morning person; I tend to get everything done as early as I can, and I'm usually up and about by 6:30am at the latest. I don't really "switch on" until 9am, but my autopilot before that time is very good at getting things done.

Although I'm never in bed before 10pm these days. I've had a fixed sleep schedule for years; I've never been able to stay up past midnight unless it's a one-off.

noxious.sunshine
07-31-2014, 07:12 AM
I would love to be more of a morning person.

But I'm just not. Especially if I have Parker 'cuz we stay busy for the most part and I'm completely worn out by the end of the day. So when we get up in the mornings, we have breakfast and then I park her in front of the t.v. for an hour or so so that I can take a cat nap on the couch beside her and get some energy going for whatever our plans are. This is during times she doesn't have school, though.

Sometimes I can manage to get a good sleep schedule going and I'll happily be up at like 8 or 9, but I'd rather sleep until 11.. It makes the day go by quicker. heh.

Old Manus
07-31-2014, 11:22 AM
I'm going to be all hipster and break the mould here and say that I enjoy being awake principally during the hours of daylight, usually around 9am-9pm. I know right, check me out :smug:

Bubba
07-31-2014, 12:56 PM
I am a night person.

All you fools claiming to be owls is just irritating. When was the last time any of you went on the hunt for insects and small birds in the middle of the night?

I am so sick of all the lies.

Denmark
07-31-2014, 01:06 PM
i just don't sleep

arenzi
07-31-2014, 02:33 PM
That's what makes that time perfect! The world is quiet in slumber. You can think without distraction, you can work without distraction, you can be by yourself without anyone bothering you cause they are all asleep.

I agree, and this is exactly why the early morning is my favorite. Because all of YOU people are finally asleep.

I chose my early morning shift specifically to avoid people. It's working great so far!

This. There is a noticeable difference in the stores when you go early. I always try to get my groceries super early so I can avoid crowds and long lines.

Araciel
07-31-2014, 03:41 PM
Nights. Always nights.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-31-2014, 04:18 PM
It just depends on what my work schedule is like. My personal schedule usually ends up reflecting my work hours.

Shiny
08-01-2014, 01:35 AM
People look better in the nighttime anyway. Mornings are full of saggy eyes and eye crust. There are the small percentage of people who manage to look good in the morning. I don't understand their magic.

Formalhaut
08-01-2014, 01:40 AM
People look better in the nighttime anyway. Mornings are full of saggy eyes and eye crust. There are the small percentage of people who manage to look good in the morning. I don't understand their magic.

I probably don't look look much better at night either. I look exhausted past 10pm.

Yamaneko
08-01-2014, 06:52 AM
I'm a late-afternoon tardigrade.

Berzerker
08-03-2014, 06:51 AM
I woke up at like 9 PM so I figure I got a reverse sleep schedule

Raistlin
08-03-2014, 10:01 PM
I hate mornings with a fiery passion, so of course my job requires that I wake up before 6:30 on many days. I don't really hit my stride until after lunch.

fire_of_avalon
08-04-2014, 04:10 AM
In a perfect world I would be allowed to wake up naturally around 7am, work around 830am to about 4pm, have a late afternoon of fun personal productivity, and go to bed between 10 and 11 pm.

In reality I have to be up by 530 am. Which sucks. But I am generally a morning person, just not mega early

Chris
08-04-2014, 12:57 PM
Night owl, soon to become morning person. By force and coercion.