PDA

View Full Version : Ugh what is wrong with me

Pumpkin
07-30-2014, 10:05 PM
I have a long list of games to get through by March and I'm downloading 3 new games now :|

Anyone else have a bad habit of doing this? "I don't need another game, but..."

Psychotic
07-30-2014, 10:34 PM
I only recently acquired it with my catch up into the world of PC gaming. It's only getting worse for me.

Freya
07-30-2014, 10:38 PM
My steam list keeps getting longer and longer.... same for my 3ds games ownership. I still haven't beaten the new Zelda. I'm at ganon at least so i'm almost there!

Shauna
07-30-2014, 10:43 PM
Welcome to my life.

StarCross1988
07-30-2014, 11:14 PM
Story of my life... Seriously have probably beat less than 5% of the games I own.

Dr Unne
07-30-2014, 11:19 PM
Everybody has this habit. Don't feel pressured. Games are for fun. Is it fun to buy new games? Does it make you happy? Then keep doing it. If not, then stop. Is there a new game that looks so good that you have to have it? Would it make you happy to have it? Then get it and be happy. There's no rule that says you have to finish every game you own. There's no time limit. No one is checking up on how many unplayed games are in your Steam collection. Think of it as just that, a collection. Not a TODO list. Not chores you have to complete. Not a job to do. They're just games. Don't let your possessions possess you.

Dat Matt
07-30-2014, 11:55 PM
I have a long list of games to get through by March and I'm downloading 3 new games now :|

Anyone else have a bad habit of doing this? "I don't need another game, but..."

8 Month's is a long time to play games!

DMKA
07-31-2014, 01:49 AM
Nope. I buy a game and complete it before moving on to another. Unless it's a particularly bad game, but the last time I ditched a game before finishing it was well over two years ago.

Vyk
07-31-2014, 03:53 AM
Dr Unne said it best. I've given up on feeling like I have to finish all my best game purchases. Even if a game is stellar, sometimes you get your fill and lose interest. You enjoyed it. The developers got paid. Everyone wins. No harm done and no big deal

But I can totally relate. After I got my gaming laptop and got back into PC gaming my list has exploded as well. Steam has some great deals. GOG has some great nostalgia. Its all awesome. But there is way too much. And I can't complain. Better to have too much to do than too little I suppose :)

Ayen
07-31-2014, 05:14 AM
Yes, but seeing that I review games on a weekly basis having a seemingly never ending supply of games to play isn't a bad thing.

Bolivar
07-31-2014, 12:55 PM
I'm in a similar situation to shion, trying to clear a game or two in my backlog before the holiday lineup starts but I just bought Rogue Legacy and The Last of Us Remastered just arrived...

Bubba
07-31-2014, 01:25 PM
No one is checking up on how many unplayed games are in your Steam collection.

I don't know... I wouldn't be surprised if BoB had a spreadsheet for everyone.

Noire
07-31-2014, 01:51 PM
Ah, the joys of having a backlog. I have a habit of starting games and then not finishing them, then coming back to them a few months later and starting them again. I tend to focus on one game at a time on each one of my consoles, so a lot of what I start gets neglected after a while. I buy a lot of games as soon as they come out as well, so things do pile up...but there are periods of quiet in the year (like now) when I usually catch up with things, so it all works out. I never worry too much about things; I'll get around to it all eventually.

Formalhaut
07-31-2014, 01:57 PM
I forbid myself to buy any new games now, just so I can concentrate on the games I have now. I don't even have that many relative to you guys, but still. :p

Bubba
07-31-2014, 02:01 PM
I was actually doing quite well with this until MissH smurfed everything up by buying me a PS4 for my birthday :argh:

I was two-thirds of the way through Tomb Raider on PS3 but that has taken a back burner now as I'm properly into Infamous: Second Son. It's awesome.

arenzi
07-31-2014, 02:26 PM
Yes I have a long list of games I either haven't finished or need to play. I don't usually play more than 1 or 2 games at a time. I'm working on it though. Trying to finish LR first.

Dat Matt
07-31-2014, 08:36 PM
I was actually doing quite well with this until MissH smurfed everything up by buying me a PS4 for my birthday :argh:

Wow, what a jerk. Being loving and caring and all.

I have come to terms that I will never clear all the games in my backlog. There are about 500 console games on the shelf behind me just now. Not even finished 1/2 of that.

Wolf Kanno
08-01-2014, 09:01 PM
Being broke for a long time really helps to fix this problem. I like being brought back to the idea of only buying what I really want to play as opposed to "hey that looks like it might be fun! I'm going to purchase you and throw you in the In bin with all the others and maybe get back to you in a few years." I still haven't even played ACIV and I got it day one. :(

Mirage
08-03-2014, 02:10 AM
First world problem #4329465243

I can afford more games than i will ever have time to play

Mo-Nercy
08-03-2014, 02:03 PM
I missed Dishonored when it came out and picked it up cheap about a month ago. I've barely played an hour of it, despite it being a thoroughly awesome game.

Nostalgia wins out again, it seems, because I'm compelled to juggle FFX/X-2 HD, Advance Wars and SimCity instead.

escobert
08-03-2014, 04:27 PM
I pretty much only buy games now that don't have a "set ending" like Arma3 and such. So I don't run into this issue much :p