PDA

View Full Version : Would you play a Laguna FFVIII Spin-off game?

Pumpkin
07-31-2014, 02:36 PM
Would you play a game centered around Laguna, a prequel perhaps, if it came out?

I'm not sure I would. I like Laguna, but he was never my favourite.

metagloria
07-31-2014, 02:44 PM
I mean, of course I'd play it. I don't think it would be a good idea though.

Bubba
07-31-2014, 02:46 PM
Laguna was one of my favourite characters in FFVIII. I'm not sure he'd be strong enough to front his own game though.

Freya
07-31-2014, 04:17 PM
I wasn't a fan of VIII really so probably not.

Vermachtnis
07-31-2014, 04:18 PM
I liked his battle theme and he was an interesting, so why not?

Sephex
08-01-2014, 04:14 AM
Not sure only because I am indifferent towards the character. But then again, that's how I felt when I first heard about Crisis Core and I really enjoyed that spin off. So if the gameplay, music, lore, etc was there like it was for Crisis Core (though obviously pertaining to FFVIII) I would probably end up getting said game.

Ayen
08-01-2014, 04:23 AM
I'd need to know more about the finished product before I decide. I have little faith in Square to make good games these days, especially when they're an addition to one of their main number entries.

Scotty_ffgamer
08-01-2014, 05:06 AM
Absolutely! Laguna is the bee's knees!

I'd honestly be hesitant about it, but he actually had a pretty interesting storyline. I feel like there is a lot you could explore there. That being said, despite the pretty short appearances, we did already get to play through a lot of the important things in his story.

I could see Square tease us this game and then find out it's actually just a mobile game where you are managing Esthar as the president instead of actually exploring his story.

StarCross1988
08-01-2014, 05:37 AM
Laguna was one of my favorite characters in VIII. I'm not sure how much substance they could put into a stand alone game for him, but I would definitely play it!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
08-01-2014, 05:58 AM
I would pre-order in a heartbeat.

Skyblade
08-01-2014, 06:28 AM
As long as it was actually Laguna, heck yes.

He was such a classic Final Fantasy character. Romance, grand adventure, and ridiculous humor all in one.

It would be incredible.

Psychotic
08-01-2014, 08:01 AM
They would need to confirm at least five different versions of The Man With The Machine Gun will be in the game first. :colbert:

(they would only need to confirm one but ssssh, they might be reading!)

Mo-Nercy
08-01-2014, 02:44 PM
His backstory is pretty interesting. All that stuff with Julia, then Centra, then Raine, then Esthar - it might even be more interesting than Squall's side of the story.

But I didn't really like the guy, so no.

Wolf Kanno
08-02-2014, 06:05 AM
It would depend on what the game was going to be about or what type of game. For instance I'm not sure a Third Person shooter detailing Laguna's adventures in the Sorcerer War would be as fun as a quirky visual novel game about Laguna working for Timber Maniacs.

It would depend on the time frame in Laguna's life, type of game, and who is working on it. If Toriyama is helming this project then hell no, if Tabata was working on it, I might pay some attention.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-03-2014, 03:54 AM
I could see the story being a very good one to use.

It would be their chance to try what they tried with gameplay for Dirge of Cerberus, only make it actually good.

I don't think they would accomplish that goal.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
08-03-2014, 09:54 AM
At least we were able to get him in Dissidia 012.

Ayen
08-03-2014, 10:09 AM
It would depend on what the game was going to be about or what type of game. For instance I'm not sure a Third Person shooter detailing Laguna's adventures in the Sorcerer War would be as fun as a quirky visual novel game about Laguna working for Timber Maniacs.

I like the sound of both ideas, actually. I think it's more than likely they go with the former if they make a spinoff though.

arenzi
08-03-2014, 05:18 PM
Sure why not?

Wolf Kanno
08-04-2014, 04:18 AM
At least we were able to get him in Dissidia 012.

Yeah but we were denied him with Birth by Sleep. :(

Uchu
08-07-2014, 06:51 AM
I guess... maybe I would check it out. But the idea doesn't excite me all that much if i'm honest...:eep: I actually like the fact that FVIII is a self enclosed title.

Rin Heartilly
10-07-2014, 08:18 AM
Most definitely!!! :D

Laguna went on such an adventure during VIII from starting off as a Galbadian soldier, his romance with Julia, fighting a war, getting nursed back to health by Raine and falling for her, looking after ellone, patrolling Winhill for monsters, becoming a journalist and traveling the world, Raine's death and the birth of his son Squall (which he'd not meet until 17 yrs later), becoming the president of Esthar, the search for Ellone....etc

Everything he went through on his adventures with Kiros and Ward adds to tons of content story-alone, I think it could be a cool psp vita spin-off similarly to Crisis Core only with a happier ending *sniff*

(Man with the machine gun is still one of the most awesome battle theme songs too)

wizzyboo
01-30-2015, 09:41 PM
depends if ward is in it:lol:

Karifean
01-30-2015, 10:25 PM
I would for sure. I like FF VIII more than enough to be easily suckered into buying any spinoffs it might spawn... if they're on a console I own, at least.

Carl the Llama
02-06-2015, 05:09 AM
I would rather walk barefoot across a mile of uneven Lego bricks.

Ayen
02-06-2015, 05:59 AM
I would rather walk barefoot across a mile of uneven Lego bricks.

I think I would just play the game.