PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Fire Emblem: Awakening Fans

Pumpkin
08-01-2014, 07:44 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum, so I apologize if it needs to be moved

Anyways, I played a little bit of this game but it was so darn hard. So I was hoping my fellow forum goes could help me out. I'll update this thread regularly when I have difficulty (all the time) and it would be great if you guys could give me some tips and tricks or some advice!

Any advice before I start?

Skyblade
08-01-2014, 07:49 PM
General advice is hard, because what advice I give will depend on how you play. Do you grind a lot? Do you have the DLC? What characters do you like? Etcetera. But I'm happy to help.

Pumpkin
08-01-2014, 07:50 PM
I like easy games, I don't mind grinding, I don't know any favourite characters but I lean towards female character, I have no DLC

I'll keep this updated so hopefully you'll get a better idea of my play style as I go :D

Thanks Skyblade :D

Agent Proto
08-01-2014, 08:00 PM
Play in Casual mode so you don't lose any characters when they die in any of the stages. It can be a pain if you lose a character in this game. However, when you try to pick up new characters, be sure not to have them die. It can be a bit challenging, but keep at it. It's also a good idea to replay the stages to grind some lower leveled characters.

Pumpkin
08-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Oh I can replay stages? Good to know!

Is it possible to take screenshots so I can show you guys thingies if I need to?

I just started and I am on Casual with Lunatic difficulty

jk I'm on Normal can you imagine

Also chose speed as an asset and strength as a weakness. I was trying to decide between magic and speed but I went with speed.

Skyblade
08-01-2014, 08:23 PM

Kind of? Every so often, a group of Risen will spawn on the map. They'll be tuned to the map's original level, usually a little higher. Once you reach Chapter 3, though, you can buy a Reeking Box. This will let you go to any Chapter map you've completed, and summon the Risen fights there.

It's not exactly "replaying", because the Risen take different positions on the map, your team starts in a different place, and the objective is always just "eliminate them all". But it does let you fight more battles for more exp and money.

Is it possible to take screenshots so I can show you guys thingies if I need to?

As far as I know, not without a modified 3DS.

I just started and I am on Casual with Lunatic difficulty

jk I'm on Normal can you imagine

Casual Normal is good. Don't forget that you have two save files specifically for mid-battle saves.

Also chose speed as an asset and strength as a weakness. I was trying to decide between magic and speed but I went with speed.

Although the game doesn't tell you, those stat decisions actually affect 3 stats each, not just one.

Choosing Speed as an Asset increases your max Speed by 4 (automatically enough to double hit enemies you would tie with neutral speed), and your max Skill and Luck by 2.

Strength as a weakness decreses Strength by 3, and Skill and Defense by 1.

Honestly, you might want to redo that if you were debating between Speed and Magic. While Speed affects Speed, Skill, and Luck, if you choose Magic it boosts Magic, Speed, and Resistance. So you can boost both Magic and Speed if you choose Magic.

Magic+ gives you Magic +4, Speed and Resistance +2.

Pumpkin
08-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Well I'm glad you told me before I got too far :lol:

I was only on the second battle. I restarted once already because I was having trouble deciding between 3 hairstyles

DON'T LAUGH AT ME

Skyblade
08-01-2014, 08:30 PM
Well I'm glad you told me before I got too far :lol:

I was only on the second battle. I restarted once already because I was having trouble deciding between 3 hairstyles

DON'T LAUGH AT ME

I'm not laughing. Choosing a good Avatar is a very important part of any game with character customization.

Don't forget, there are also three body types, and those have different hair and face options tied to them as well.

Pumpkin
08-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Yeah I noticed

I was choosing between these 3:

I went with the second one

Some thoughts so far: I like how you can switch weapons, but I don't like the number beside it which I think means limited use? Seems like that could get expensive

I like having a character specifically for healing that functions the same way as other units. The sprites are cute. I enjoy how if you have allies next to you they will join in the battle. I also noticed I can pull up a script which is a neat feature if I miss something

Skyblade
08-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Some thoughts so far: I like how you can switch weapons, but I don't like the number beside it which I think means limited use? Seems like that could get expensive

It can. Generally, the more powerful the weapon, the more it costs, and the fewer uses it has.

Fighting random Risen will give you a couple thousand Gold a fight (exactly how much depends on where you fight), so you usually make money from grinding as well, especially if you use Bronze or Iron weapons to get a lot of uses out of them.

Balancing when you use which powerful weapon becomes pretty important in the higher difficulties.

I like having a character specifically for healing that functions the same way as other units.

Eventually every character will be able to attack as well, but I agree that the way healers work in these games is great. Just make sure you protect them.

The sprites are cute.

Truth. I really wish I could get a high quality rip of the sprite images. I want perler art of the team.

I enjoy how if you have allies next to you they will join in the battle.

This gets better when you unlock Pair Up in Chapter 3. Use Pair Up a lot. It's awesome.

I also noticed I can pull up a script which is a neat feature if I miss something

So very true. There are some brilliant conversations, and it can be easy to miss awesome lines.

Agent Proto
08-01-2014, 09:07 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention that you can only do this if a Risen shows up on the world map, otherwise you can only shop.

Also, you can see your enemy's range of attack when you press X when you fight. It's good to know so you can protect your weaker characters from harms way.

http://i.imgur.com/mtSZO0x.png
Arya the female Tactician, and Horatio the male Tactician.

Pumpkin
08-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Thanks Jeff!

So far I think my favourite character is Sumia. I just did Chapter 2. No units have died so far. I know I can revive them but it shows that so far it hasn't been terrible, which is good because I just started the game.

Saw a support skit with Chrom and Frederick which was quite amusing and also one with my character and Lissa. How do I get more of these? I quite enjoy them

EDIT
Oh yes! I've heard you can marry characters and stuff in this game and it seems Sumia has a crush on Chrom and it would be really sweet if I could get them married :flirt:

Skyblade
08-01-2014, 09:41 PM
Thanks Jeff!

So far I think my favourite character is Sumia. I just did Chapter 2. No units have died so far. I know I can revive them but it shows that so far it hasn't been terrible, which is good because I just started the game.

Saw a support skit with Chrom and Frederick which was quite amusing and also one with my character and Lissa. How do I get more of these? I quite enjoy them

Each time two characters fight together, if they can Support (which you have to check the Support list in the game to see who is compatible, although your Avatar can Support with everyone), you'll see two little hearts appear over the sprites as the battle concludes. After a certain number are accumulated, you unlock a new one.

Certain event tiles, or using a Seed of Trust can boost the Support rating towards the next conversation as well.

Pumpkin
08-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Nvm I found them, was looking in the wrong spot :D

I got Donnel yay :D

I also got a scene between Miriel and Virion. It was cute

Pumpkin
08-02-2014, 02:29 AM
Okay I am at the chapter where you go rescue Mirabel and I am having a really really hard time with it :(

Help?

Agent Proto
08-02-2014, 03:29 AM
Which chapter exactly is that again? Are you talking about chapter 5?

Pumpkin
08-02-2014, 03:32 AM
Yes, chapter 5

Agent Proto
08-02-2014, 03:56 AM
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120705171811/fireemblem/images/thumb/a/ad/FE13_Chapter_5.jpg/450px-FE13_Chapter_5.jpg

For this, you want to save Maribelle and Ricken right away. Have Frederick move up first to take care of the bad guys right away. It will help to have several guys follow behind. Take your swordsmen left to handle the axe users. Once you have Maribelle and Ricken together with the rest of the group, it should be easy sailing, just stick together as the enemies come for you.

Edit: Honestly, it's been awhile since I've done this chapter in the story. I think it would be helpful to explain your problem in this chapter.

Pumpkin
08-02-2014, 04:12 AM
Enemies keep spawning and its giving me a hard time :/

Skyblade
08-02-2014, 05:04 AM
Ok, let's break down to some good old fashion tactics.

First, as I said, we need to abuse Pair Up. I think that chapter lets you place your units. You want the units who will be taking action near the front lines (the north and west sides of the map, in this case), and those pairing with them in the rear.

Keep in mind as well that when Paired Up, you can move, then switch which character is in the lead. So, since you want Sumia and Chrom together, pair them up with Chrom as the supporting character to Sumia. Take advantage of her movement to fly next to an enemy, then use "Switch" to put Chrom in the lead for the attack, since he is likely stronger (and definitely stronger against the Wyvern Riders, since Falchion is a sword to their axe, and does critical damage to Dragon units).

As for the battle itself. Deploy Frederick where Lissa is on Proto's map. On the first turn, have one of your other Pairs take out the Axe Wielder to the north, then have Frederick rush north and take out that Mage.

Eliminating Mages is one of your main priorities here. You can counter most other enemies to death, but mages hit from range, and most of your units will have lower Resist. With those two units clear, you have a bit of breathing room. Us Sumia and Chrom to snipe the mage to the west (fly Sumia in, then switch to Chrom and have him kill the Mage). Rush another unit (either Stahl or Sully) to take out the Axe wielder. Then turtle your teams up into two groups.

Whenever you can, sit your units on the Fortresses. Reinforcements can spawn there if you don't (I don't remember if they spawn on Easy or not) but more importantly, forts will heal your units each turn and boost evasion and defense.

When Ricken and Maribelle arrive, pair Ricken onto Maribelle and use her superior movement to get them behind your heavy fighters (then switch so Ricken is in front once they're safe, because he can actually attack).

Turtle up, stay on the fortresses, and keep your weaker units back. Should be good after that.

Pumpkin
08-02-2014, 05:14 AM
Thanks guys I'll let you know how it goes when my battery charges up!

Pumpkin
08-02-2014, 05:56 AM
Alrighty I have won the battle :jess: Thanks guys!

Now I just started a different mission and there is this girl named Anna and she is adorable :jess:

I hope I can recruit her!!!

Agent Proto
08-02-2014, 06:04 AM
I love Anna, she's so awesome! You can recruit her later.

Pumpkin
08-02-2014, 06:07 AM
How come sometimes the "linked" character will attack and sometimes they won't?

Skyblade
08-02-2014, 06:27 AM
How come sometimes the "linked" character will attack and sometimes they won't?

That's called a "Dual Attack". When you go to attack, in the lower left corner, you should see two icons, each with a percentage. The sword represents the chance to Dual Attack, the shield represents the chance to Dual Guard (when the paired unit jumps in to negate a hit).

These percentages are based on the stats of the two units who are linked together. The more skill the units have, the higher the chance to Dual Strike. The more defense they have, the higher the Dual Guard chance.

Increasing Support Rank further increases this bonus.

Also, you actually can't recruit that Anna. You can recruit one of her sisters though. ...Who happens to look exactly like her (Anna is one of the very few recurring characters throughout the series, and apparently each Anna is a different member of the same family).

Pumpkin
08-02-2014, 06:28 AM
Oh okay, thanks for explaining!

So Anna is like Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny from Pokemon :lol:

Pumpkin
08-02-2014, 04:46 PM
Is it terribly bad if I failed to save the villagers in paralogue 3? I failed like 4 times because they just KEPT RUNNING RIGHT AT THE ENEMY :colbert:

Also, where do I get more Beaststones for Panne?

Skyblade
08-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Is it terribly bad if I failed to save the villagers in paralogue 3? I failed like 4 times because they just KEPT RUNNING RIGHT AT THE ENEMY :colbert:

As long as you save one, you get the Seraph Robe, which is by far the best item reward for saving them. For saving the other two, you get a log and a ladle, both weapons with only 1 Might, basically jokes.

Also, where do I get more Beaststones for Panne?

You can buy them in the shop that opens up when you clear Chapter 12, or find them from sparkly tiles if you're lucky. Some people will sell them in their StreetPass shops as well (I don't think any of the Bonus Box teams sell them, though).

Dat Matt
08-03-2014, 07:57 PM
There is a function where you can upgrade a character class to a 2nd tier. It's best to not upgrade when you first can (Level 10) but wait until level 20 (Max level) before uploading. Will give you overall better stats.

I used the Masters seal on my main character as soon as I got it, and she was seriously underpowered when she reached max level. I ended up taking her on another route and leveling her up there to cover the stat deficiency.

Pumpkin
08-03-2014, 09:42 PM
I've actually upgraded most of mine now at level 15ish~

I am at Chapter 13 now!

Dat Matt
08-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Only other advice is to get as many male/female couples with S rank relationships if they can. Doing so get more characters.

Rantz
08-04-2014, 12:31 AM
Level 15 is usually the best time to upgrade, when you have all the abilities from that class. The reason why you shouldn't usually wait until 20 in that case is that your level progression slows down with every level you gain, so if you don't really need the extra stats from those 5 last levels, that XP is probably better used for the advanced class or the new class if you reclass. When you reach level 20 in an advanced class, you can use a Second Seal to drop down to level 1 of the same class again without losing any stats, so you can keep raising your stats until they're maxed.

Pumpkin
08-04-2014, 02:03 AM
Okay, I am at Chapter 13 and I figured I would give a status report in case anyone has some upcoming advice or something! As far as couples, I've pretty much decided who I want my couples to be. I do have a previous save file, but I doubt I'll change them. However, feel free to suggest different couples for the next time I play it.

Also a question, Panne can't use a Master Seal but I am worried about changing her jobs because I don't want her to lose the transform ability she has. Will she lose it if I change her jobs?

Characters:
Cherche
Wyvern Lord - Lv. 1
Potential partner: Gaius

Ashton
Grandmaster - Lv. 4
Partner: Frederick

Olivia
Dancer - Lv. 5
Partner: Libra

Donnel
Mercenary - Lv. 5
Partner: Sully

Cordelia
Dark Flier - Lv. 2
Partner: Stahl

Panne
Taguel - Lv. 15
Partner: Vaike

Sully
Great Knight - Lv. 1
Partner: Donnel

Frederick
Griffon Rider - Lv. 1
Partner: Ashton

Libra
War Monk - Lv. 9
Partner: Olivia

Lissa
Sage - Lv. 1
Partner: Lon'qu

Vaike
Warrior - Lv. 1
Partner: Panne

Miriel
Dark Mage - Lv. 8
Partner: Virion

Kellam
General - Lv. 4
Partner: Tharja

Virion
Sniper - Lv. 1
Partner: Miriel

Lon'qu
Swordmaster - Lv. 1
Partner: Lissa

Gregor
Hero - Lv. 1
Partner: Nowi

Maribelle
Valkyrie - Lv. 2
Partner: Ricken

Ricken
Sage - Lv. 6
Partner: Maribelle

Gaius
Assassin - Lv. 1
Potential Partner: Cherche

Nowi
Manakete - Lv. 9
Partner: Gregor

Tharja
Sorcerer - Lv. 2
Partner: Kellam

Chrom
Great Lord - Lv. 5
Partner: Sumia

Sumia
Falcon Knight - Lv. 1
Partner: Chrom

Anna
Trickster - Lv. 4
Partner: ---

Stahl
Paladin - Lv.
Partner: Cordelia

So as a side note, I'm very impressed with Ricken. He has been an absolute beast.

Also if you have any recommendations for job switching, I would appreciate it for later :monster:

How weird or common are my pairings?

Agent Proto
08-04-2014, 02:30 AM
Also a question, Panne can't use a Master Seal but I am worried about changing her jobs because I don't want her to lose the transform ability she has. Will she lose it if I change her jobs?

Yes, but it's not like you can't reclass her back. Go ahead, I read that she's a beast on wings as a wyvern rider (no pun intended).

Skyblade
08-04-2014, 06:12 AM
Okay, I am at Chapter 13 and I figured I would give a status report in case anyone has some upcoming advice or something! As far as couples, I've pretty much decided who I want my couples to be. I do have a previous save file, but I doubt I'll change them. However, feel free to suggest different couples for the next time I play it.

Yes, her transformation is how the Taguel class attacks, so changing her to another class will disable it until you change her back.

So as a side note, I'm very impressed with Ricken. He has been an absolute beast.

Also if you have any recommendations for job switching, I would appreciate it for later :monster:

How weird or common are my pairings?

Cordelia x Stahl is one of my favorites. Donnel and Sully is another really good one. Lon'qu and Lissa is probably one of the most popular shipping pairs in the game.

Min/Maxers have a tendency to pair Gaius with either Tharja, Nowi, or Sully, because of the extra class he gives those children.

Don't use Second Seals to reclass until people have reached level 15 on their promoted class to pick up all the skills (except Panne, Nowi, and Donnel, since they don't have promoted classes).

Also, most of my reclass advice is geared towards getting the best skills ASAP, not necessarily building a balanced team. These are all solid choices, but you'll wind up with a lot of duplicate units. If you're not ok with that, you might want to take some other choices.

I recommend moving Panne to Thief, then to Assassin. It nets you Movement +1 and Lethality (and Lethality is her only attack skill).

Ashton should go for Pegasus Knight, then Dark Flier. Because Galeforce.
Maribelle = Same.
Olivia = Same.
Lissa = Same.

Stahl should go to Myrmidon, to gain access to Vantage, then Swordmaster to get Swordfaire.
Sully = Same.
Gregor = Same.

Donnel should be promoted to Hero to pick up Sol.

Frederick should go to Cavalier, then Paladin. This will gain him Aegis, which boosts his lower resistance.

Cordelia should become a Mercenary, then Hero, to pick up Armsthrift and Sol.

Libra can work well as any class. I suppose Dark Mage to Sorceror for Vengeance, or Mage to Sage for Tomefaire. Or use either to get to Dark Knight for Lifetaker.

Lon'qu also works well in most of his classes. I think his best classes and skills are in his default line, though. Probably Wyvern Rider to Griffon Rider for Strength +2 and Deliverer. Or Thief to Assassin for Move +1 and Lethality.

Miriel to Troubadour then Valkyrie, for Dual Support+.

Tharja to Knight, then Great Knight, for Luna.

Vaike needs to hit Hero to pick up Sol, but otherwise, Barbarian to Berserker for Axefaire (also, the Barbarian's Despoil is the best way to gain money if you don't have the DLC).

Anna to Mage, then Dark Knight for Lifetaker.
Virion: Same.
Nowi: Same.

Ricken to Dark Knight for Lifetaker (you can promote directly to other promoted classes once you hit level 20 promoted), or Cavalier to Great Knight for Luna.

Kellam to Great Knight for Luna, or Priest to War Monk for Renewal.

Did I forget anyone?

Pumpkin
08-04-2014, 06:30 AM
I'm trying to recruit the children now. I got Donnel and Sully's daughter. I wonder how much the support interaction with the father changes based on father?

Anyways it was pretty hard. Not looking forward to the other ones :|

Ohmigosh Owain actually called bandits ne'er do wells :lol:

Skyblade
08-04-2014, 07:48 AM
I'm trying to recruit the children now. I got Donnel and Sully's daughter. I wonder how much the support interaction with the father changes based on father?

Very little, unfortunately. That was one of the fan feedback responses that they used to develop the extra conversations in the Future of Despair DLC. If you want to see some specific father-son conversations, that's a good place to look.

Or you could just look up the scripts online. But that's boring, and the DLCs for this game are awesome.

Anyways it was pretty hard. Not looking forward to the other ones :|

The difficulty varies, but they are all fairly challenging compared to where you are now. Feel free to grind some more or just progress the story to pick up some more levels.

Or go buy the awesome DLCs and try some of those.

Ohmigosh Owain actually called bandits ne'er do wells :lol:

You are going to adore Owain.

Pumpkin
08-04-2014, 05:45 PM
So I have Owain, Morgan(?) and umm Sully's daughter.

Can anyone give me a rough guide as to which are the easier ones and the harder ones?

In the mean time I am going to grind and things.

Also, do I have more characters that aren't children that I'll be recruiting?

Agent Proto
08-04-2014, 06:30 PM
You have one or two more characters that are not children left to recruit. You know that unknown character that Anna has support with? That's one of them.

Pumpkin
08-04-2014, 06:32 PM
Oh that's exciting :omgomg:

Kjelle is mean to Owain :nonono:

Skyblade
08-04-2014, 07:08 PM
So I have Owain, Morgan(?) and umm Sully's daughter.

Yep, Morgan. The Avatar's son.

Can anyone give me a rough guide as to which are the easier ones and the harder ones?

Well, there's a bit of personal style questions to it.

Cherche's child has one of the easier ones. Mostly wyvern riding axe-users, so sword wielders, wind mages, and archers can cut them to shreds, but keeping the villagers alive for the bonus objective can be difficult.

Panne's child is fairly easy as well. When you start the mission, you'll get a choice between facing heavily armored units or facing horsemen. Whichever side you do not choose will aid you (though the side you choose to fight will get reinforcements). However, there are four villages on the map. You get access to two depending on which you choose to aid, and you have to fight both sides at once (much harder) to get access to all four. But just completing the mission is not that difficult, especially if you take units tuned to fighting the particular type of foe you choose to face.

Nowi's kid is actually really easy, I found. It's a haunted mansion setup, and the walls keep closing and opening. While this is annoying, it also means that the foes can't come at you en masse. Just go slow, knock down everyone along the way, and you should be fine. Plus, any Sorcerors with Mire can hit enemies through the walls and wipe out some of the threats long before they can do anything.

Maribelle's child has an odd mission. You're in the middle of a ruin, and you're protecting civilians. However, the enemy has Longbow users, so they will rush and kill off the villagers if you let them. If you choose to sacrifice the villagers, this can be an easy way to bait them into exposing themselves, allowing you to finish them off. If you move to protect them, you can get outflanked and overrun if you're not careful. But the main objective is just to kill the boss, and a Galeforce using pair of flyers can reach and kill him very quickly.

Cordelia's child is one of the more difficult ones overall. The child unit starts to the side of your main force, and takes a side path through the foes. She remains uncontrollable for the mission, forcing you to escort her, even after you talk to her. This pretty difficult, as it means you are encouraged to split your forces, and finding the right balance there can be tricky.

Olivia's child has another hard one. The fortress you have to take down has several paths through it, but it's also flanked by two groups of flyers. If you rush in, they will come up behind you and destroy you. I recommend putting two heavy defensive units in the main doorway, and using the rest of your team to take out the flyers before proceeding. The bonus objective also kind of sucks, because it involves killing off as many units as possible with Olivia's child, but feel free to ignore that one.

Miriel's progeny has another really easy mission with a pain of a bonus objective. But the bonus reward is very nice, and one time only. The map takes place on a desert. There are villages scattered around the map. The first one, right next to your start point, has Miriel's child, so move Chrom or Miriel to the village or he won't join. Since the map is desert, the enemy will be slowed in getting to you, allowing you to pick them off as you go. However, each time you visit another village, an additional group of units will spring up on the map. Thus, you want to clear each group of enemies before visiting the next village. The final place you have to visit to get the Goddess Staff does not show up directly on the map, and can be a little hard to find. But just drop all your various soldiers around the area it clues you to and you'll get it. If you want to bother.

Tharja's child has an average one. The child unit itself is in a fairly well protected nook, and is a ranged unit, so can hurt the oncoming forces before they can reach the entrance. But there are a lot of foes (mostly flyers), so you have to be ready. The map is fairly restrictive, though, so you can take things fairly slow.

Sumia's child is pretty difficult, and if you try to take things slow, can be one of the hardest of the child missions. There is a line of mercenaries in green to the north. Each turn, the enemy boss talks to another of them and turns them red, where they'll start fighting you. So taking out that boss is a high priority, or you'll get overwhelmed. However, you also need to recruit Sumia's child, who is currently on the enemy side. If you just rush, the child can attack you and your counter might be fatal before you can talk to recruit. So you need to approach her quickly to talk, then get the child to a safe place (or have enough leftover forces to eliminate any threats left in the area), before the foes attack. Also, talk to Sumia's child with Chrom, not Sumia. Chrom's discussion with his child during the recruitment in this chapter is absolutely hilarious.

In the mean time I am going to grind and things.

Always good.

Also, do I have more characters that aren't children that I'll be recruiting?

Yes.

Dat Matt
08-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Severa broke the game for me. I think I paired Cordeila with Gregor to get her that way.

Severa has an attack that hit twice in a turn, a 50% chance to dodge attacks, and the skill that had a percentage change to heal half the damage inflicted. With her stupid high luck stat this was 35% of the time. I gave her the killer axe so she had a 60% chance to crit too.

So a character that does insane damage, avoids most attacks and had good sustain. I cleared entire maps just using her. I loved it.

Pumpkin
08-04-2014, 09:22 PM
I would like to say that this game has beyond impressed me with its cast of characters. Characters are the most important thing to me in a game so to be pleasantly surprised was a huge bonus. If the game were easier and perhaps not a strategy type game (which I like, but not as much as games like FFIX, or that type of style) I would say it would come close to being my second favourite game. Depending how things play out from here, it might make it top 5, which is saying something for a difficult game of this style.

I saw certain characters and expected them to fit common tropes of similar characters, but a lot of them have surprised me. Libra looks and sounds like a woman and I was expecting some pretty boy stereotype, but I find him to be very kind hearted and selfless. I expected adorable little Ricken to be kind of a drag on the battle field but he is one of my best characters. He's been practically untouchable in every chapter so far, earning at most like 5 points of damage. I expected Mirabelle to be typical snob girl but have found she's considerate of others, if not a bit too protective of her friends, and has a pretty good sense of humour. I expected Miriel to have a stick up her butt, but see that she's a very books mart woman and does have the best intentions for others (like helping Libra spread his message to others)

I think the game has done a great job of making deep characters and the support interactions are a big part of that. You get to learn things about their past, or even just things like their taste in books or tea. And having so many interactions between so many characters just adds an even bigger layer of depth. You can see how the different personality types play off of each other.

Tl;dr, dor someone whose favourite part of a game is characters, this game is incredibly top notch.

Also I'm super happy about my Lissa + Lon'u pairing because Owain kind of looks like him :D

Pumpkin
08-04-2014, 10:54 PM
Paralogue 16 is kicking my butt :(

Skyblade
08-05-2014, 12:38 AM
Paralogue 16 is kicking my butt :(

Who is on your team, and how far are you getting before you run into trouble?

Pumpkin
08-05-2014, 02:24 AM
Team:
Chrom Great Lord Lv 7 rating 101
Ashton Grandmaster Lv 7 rating 103
Kjelle Great Knight Lv 2 rating 121
Nowi Mage Lv 4 rating 84
Kellam General Lv 8 rating 120
Ricken Sage Lv 10 rating 123
Maribelle Valkyrie Lv 6 rating 100
Cherche Wyvern Lord Lv 4 rating 96
Frederick Griffon Rider Lv 4 112
Tharja Sourcerer Lv 6 rating 88
Virion Sniper Lv 4 rating 113
Anna Trickster Lv 6 rating 133
Cordelia Dark Flier Lv 4 rating 110

I can clear the first and second hallways but then I usually lose about 2 units during the third. I can't remember what my last party was. Anna I use for healing because she can't do much if any damage, plus to open the doors. Maribelle is also a healer. Ricken, Kjelle, Kellam, and Tharja are my biggest damage dealers but Tharja gets hit hard when she gets hit. Chrom is pretty useless but I have to use him and I've kept Nowi in for the interactions. Kellam doesn't really lose much HP at all if I can take out the mages as he only take 1-2 HP per hit. My fliers are good and do good damage until an archer gets to them.

I would wait longer but I'm out of second seals and from what I've heard, the other two towns I need to clear to get them are harder than this one so... I could just wait for more Anne's to show up I guess

Skyblade
08-05-2014, 02:32 AM
Well, actually, at those levels you don't need Second Seals for that team, you've got a few levels to go on each of those classes before you risk maxing them out. So feel free to grind a bit more.

Are you able to grab Nah safely? If so, immediately pull back behind the nearby choke point. Set Kellam and one of your other heavy defense units (probably Frederick) in front, and let the enemy break themselves against you. Then wait until the enemy stops charging you, and bait them out one group at a time with your fliers.

Pumpkin
08-05-2014, 03:24 AM
I got Nah. That strategy works pretty well except for the Mages (who usually miss so not a huge deal) up until I get to the second hallway. Then one of the walls from the first hallways breaks down and I get surrounded :/

I'll grind a bit more and try again. I wanted the seals for Libra, Olivia, and Anna when she gets to Lv. 15

Pumpkin
08-05-2014, 07:08 AM
Laurent has been recruited. It was much easier than the Nah fight

Skyblade
08-05-2014, 07:07 PM
Laurent has been recruited. It was much easier than the Nah fight

Yeah, it's nice that you don't have to worry about the opening/closing walls, the desert just restricts movement for everyone.

Did you get the Goddess Staff?

Also, who is your favorite Child character so far?

Pumpkin
08-05-2014, 07:11 PM
No I was too busy focusing on not getting my butt handed to me to remember the staff :( oops

So far I would say Morgan. I was expecting him to be a bit bland but he's adorable! And so sweet! Is there a difference in lady Morgan and guy Morgan (other than reversing romantic possibilities)?

I like Owain a good bit. Laurent is cute in his own way. It was funny for him to tell his dad all he inherited was his hair colour. Because yeah he is not much like his father at all. Watching him and Miriel interact is kind of boring to me but I still think its cute how alike they are. Sharky was all in to it because he's in to sciency stuff and he got that they were making fireworks before I did. Owain is funny. I liked Kjelle but I like her less and less as I see more interactions. I think she might be the only character so far that I straight up dislike. She's kind of bitchy I think :/

Skyblade
08-06-2014, 08:23 AM
So that's Nah down as well. I wonder who you're going for next.

Pumpkin
08-06-2014, 12:40 PM
Next I'm going for some more grinding and then we will see >.<

Pumpkin
08-09-2014, 06:48 AM
Slowed down on this since I've been trying out other games but will probably come back to it soon

Vyk
08-09-2014, 05:19 PM
I know that feeling. I've yet to beat it, and still absolutely adore it. I think the battlebattlebattle formula burns me out too quick, sadly. But I too shall beat it one day

Skyblade
08-10-2014, 08:39 AM
You guys need the DLC so you can relax and take in the ridiculously silly conversations in the side stories. The Scramble Pack in particular is excellent for that.

Although what the games really need is to take a page from Shining Force and let you wander around and explore towns and talk to people between battles.

Vyk
08-10-2014, 11:08 PM
I really wish developers of Strategy RPGs would put as much thought into their world and towns and people that other developers do. Sure, those games live and die with their battle system, but the same could be said for traditional JRPGs. They also live and die by their worlds and story. Why do strategy developers get to slack off :[

Pumpkin
09-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Bit late but I got Noire! I actually blew the fight out of the water, I was surprised

Skyblade
09-02-2014, 06:51 AM
Bit late but I got Noire! I actually blew the fight out of the water, I was surprised

Awesome! What chapter are you on, and how many more children do you have to recruit?

Pumpkin
09-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Still Chapter 14 and I have to recruit everyone but Noire, Nah, Owain, Lucina, Kjelle, Morgan, and Laurent

Skyblade
09-05-2014, 09:36 PM
Well, keep plugging away. I want to see you meet up with Cynthia.

Pumpkin
09-06-2014, 01:11 AM
I have Yarne now!

I'm going through all of them and seeing which ones I can take on and I'll save the others for after I do some more grinding

UPDATE:
Failed the Severa one (she died)
Got Cynthia!

Pumpkin
09-06-2014, 03:09 AM
I now have everyone but Severa

Skyblade
09-06-2014, 07:32 AM
Did you use Chrom to recruit Cynthia? There is a very awesome line you would miss if Sumia recruited her.

Pumpkin
09-06-2014, 07:34 AM
I used Sumia, sorry. I always use the mamas

Skyblade
09-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Some dialogue you missed:

Chrom: Still your spear a moment and hear me out. You've been lied to!

Cynthia: Spare me your tales, brigand! I've nothing to say to someone who would impersonate my father!

Chrom: Your what? Oh, for the love of… How many daughters are going to come back in time to see me?

Cynthia: Huh? H-how did you know I-

Chrom : I already went through this with Lucina.

Cynthia: Lucy's here?!

Chrom: In the flesh. …Though she neglected to mention she had a sister.

Cynthia: Wait—then you really are…! Oh, Father! I missed you SOOOOO MUUUCH!

Chrom: My… my ears…

Cynthia: I knew something was fishy with that guy! He barely even smiled when I found him. My REAL father would've given me a big hug and called me his little pega-pony princess!

Chrom: …Please tell me I never actually say that.

Cynthia: You'll say it right now, if you want me to believe you're the real Chrom!

Chrom: Uh… It's… it's good to see you, my... Um... My little pega-pony princess…

Cynthia: Aww, it's good to see you too, Father! I can't believe I fell for that lying creep's lies! Oh, I am going to KILL him for this! I'm going to plant a flying hoof right in his stupid liar face!

Chrom: She's even flightier than her mother. …I didn't think that was possible.

One of my favorite scenes with Chrom in the game.

Pumpkin
09-06-2014, 08:29 AM
:lol:

Dat Matt
09-06-2014, 12:18 PM
That was the one character I never recruited. She was one of the last I worked with and she had like 4 potential S ranks, all of which I had used.

Serera was my best gal.

Skyblade
09-07-2014, 08:58 AM
That was the one character I never recruited. She was one of the last I worked with and she had like 4 potential S ranks, all of which I had used.

Yeah, Sumia has such limited S Rank options. Really hurts her. Chrom, Frederick, Gaius, and Henry. That's it. It kind of reinforces the idea that she's the "intended" option for Chrom.

Chrom is also restricted. He can't marry Nowi or Panne (so that Lucina remains fully human), and Cherce arrives too late. He also can't marry Lissa (obviously).

Really annoying that both of those characters are so lacking in Supports compared to the rest of the cast. Even if they can't S-Rank, they need more Support options.

Severa was my best gal.

Severa is everybody's best gal. Aside from Morgan and Robin, she's the most broken unit in the game. Cordelia has the three best classes to choose from (Mercenary, Pegasus Knight, and Dark Mage). Severa inherits all of those, plus the stats from her father (and the +1 child bonus), and her father's classes.

Ridiculously powerful unit.

Fortunately, very fun personality too.

Pumpkin
09-07-2014, 03:20 PM
I think Severa is kind of a female dog

Here are my best units:
Morgan
Kjelle
Kellam
Ricken
Laurent
Lon'qu

They are all beastly on the battle field

Agent Proto
09-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Severa is tsundere, okay? She's also a beast on the battlefield. She's one of my favorite kid characters. :D She and Cynthia are like mortal enemies though. :D You should check out their support conversations.

Skyblade
09-07-2014, 08:18 PM
Severa is tsundere, okay? She's also a beast on the battlefield. She's one of my favorite kid characters. :D She and Cynthia are like mortal enemies though. :D You should check out their support conversations.

Oh, gosh, those Support conversations are so awesome.

Dat Matt
09-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Sereva single handedly walked through pretty much every battle until the final boss.

She is also Tsundere, which is the best character trope.

Rin Heartilly
12-02-2014, 03:58 PM
I agree with the above, Severa is a beast. Give her a galeforce, sol and armsthrift and she basically wont die.

I also think Severa is a big softie on the inside too, her support convos are also pretty awesome.

Rez09
12-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Galeforce alone makes a lot of the female characters in the game monsters. X_X

Personally, though, I can't stand the Tsundere archetype, and I didn't use Severa at all. Used lots of Cordelia, though. :)
Does me comparing Severa to her mother make me a bad person? :confused:

But you know I really loved? Henry. Ohhhh God, Henry.