PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone!

Uchu
08-04-2014, 07:05 AM
Hey guys, a new member here.

Am in the midst of setting up my profile but thought I would introduce myself. Have been a reader of the site for a long time and finally decided to take the plunge and join in on the forum fun.Have been a fan of FF since I first stumbled upon FF7 by chance all those years ago... well actually, when I first played it I didn't know what I was doing, the Scorpion boss destroyed me (yeah.. I know) and i left the game unsure of what I had just played.

BUT, the next time I came across the game it would leave such an impression on me that it would become not only my favourite game of all time, but lead to FF being my favourite franchise, where I, just like most people here I am sure, would sink countless hours into playing all the games, both new and old.

Other than that, I have been gaming since I first played the first Sonic the Hedgehog and over time have become more and more interested in the gaming industry as a whole.

Anyway, I look forward to chatting with you all!

Psychotic
08-04-2014, 07:11 AM
Hello Uchu, welcome to the forums! Glad you took that plunge :)

Lonely Paper Star
08-04-2014, 07:14 AM
O̺̜̹n̬̲̬̻̮̗̰͌̅ͬ͋̅e̻̪͕̦͕̝ͥͫ̄́̆̔ ̰͒̓̐̂̉ͦ̂o͍̰͓͙f̯̬̦͐͒̎̽̐̚ ̣̗̗̭̬̼̊͂ͧu̞̳̻̇ͣͭ̈́͌s͉͍͑͐̽̀.͉̰͈͙̺̜̻.͎͓̭͍̯̈ͨͣ̒ͅͅ.͇̙̬̪͙̼̽ͮ͌.̂̍͌̃̄ͩ

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay and all that. :lol:

Formalhaut
08-04-2014, 08:50 AM
Welcome to the forums! I hope you have a great EoFF experience!

What other Final Fantasies have you played?

Aelitalily
08-04-2014, 09:03 AM
Hello and welcome! :3 Since we all have such good taste *ahem* in the FF series, it is always nice to have more like-minded people around \o/

Do you have any other interests hobbies?

Mo-Nercy
08-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Welcome to EoFF!

I'm pretty sure the Guard Scorpion killed me the first time too. Cloud does tell you to attack it while the tail's up, after all.

Uchu
08-04-2014, 09:30 AM
Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Welcome to the forums! I hope you have a great EoFF experience!

What other Final Fantasies have you played?

Hey Formalhaut,

Pretty much all the main series apart from 5 at this point. Recently completed FFVI after a long hiatus (over a year), put it down as had other things to take care of and gradually it got more and more difficult to go back since I had forgotten where I was in the story. But I'm glad I finished it. I also enjoy the spin-off games, I want to play Tactics but despite having the original disc for the PS, I don't have a PS that will run it.. doh!

Currently replaying FFVIII at the moment and am looking forward to FFXV as well as the HD remake of Type-0, will give me a chance to dust off my PS4 which unfortunately isn't getting much attention as of late.

Hello and welcome! :3 Since we all have such good taste *ahem* in the FF series, it is always nice to have more like-minded people around \o/

Do you have any other interests hobbies?

Definitely, while I more or less owe it to my friends for introducing FF to me, it was quite obvious that I developed much more of an obsession passion for the series, but up until now i've never really had like-minded people to chat to about it.

Other interests would be technology, computers, reading, etc. I like to dabble in anime when I can but with free time being a premium, I usually prefer to allocate it to gaming related activities.

Welcome to EoFF!

I'm pretty sure the Guard Scorpion killed me the first time too. Cloud does tell you to attack it while the tail's up, after all.

Haha, yeah. First boss of the game and a typo sends you to the game over screen. It really didn't help my confusion i can tell you that.

Bubba
08-04-2014, 09:50 AM
Welcome to EOFF!

Great to have you here, Uchu. I've already seen you posting around so keep it up!

:D

Quindiana Jones
08-04-2014, 10:45 AM
Quin trivia #1: I always say my first FF was FF9, but I'm pretty sure I played 8 on the PC when I was younger and just had no clue what was going on and left.

Quin trivia #2: I spent over a year in the FF9 forum alone before venturing out into the big wide world of EoFF. You are a braver man than I. :D

Welcome. If you were extremely masculine, would people call you Macho Uchu?

Ayen
08-04-2014, 10:52 AM
I was lucky enough to have a brother I watched play through that part so I already knew what to do. The construction yard gave me more trouble the first time I played than any of the bosses.

Welcome to the forum, Uchu. I'm ToriJ, resident critic. It's nice to meet you.

The Eoffers routinely hunt for their prey in FFXIV.

Uchu
08-04-2014, 11:01 AM
Welcome to EOFF!

Great to have you here, Uchu. I've already seen you posting around so keep it up!

Thanks Bubba, I plan to. So much to catch up on, haha.

Quin trivia #1: I always say my first FF was FF9, but I'm pretty sure I played 8 on the PC when I was younger and just had no clue what was going on and left.

Quin trivia #2: I spent over a year in the FF9 forum alone before venturing out into the big wide world of EoFF. You are a braver man than I. :D

Welcome. If you were extremely masculine, would people call you Macho Uchu?

Only on weekends my friend, when I put on my mask and super hero cape to fight… wait, i've said too much.

I was lucky enough to have a brother I watched play through that part so I already knew what to do. The construction yard gave me more trouble the first time I played than any of the bosses.

Welcome to the forum, Uchu. I'm ToriJ, resident critic. It's nice to meet you.

The Eoffers routinely hunt for their prey in FFXIV.

Thanks ToriJ. Haven't got FFXIV at the moment but if I do I will be sure to see if anyone's up for a session.

Ayen
08-04-2014, 11:55 AM
I noticed your location says Japan. Local?

Freya
08-04-2014, 07:07 PM
Are you replaying VIII as the original, emulated or the steam one with achievements? I'm currently playing the steam one. Cause... ACHIEVEMENTS :D

Welcome to EoFF! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Uchu
08-05-2014, 02:25 AM
I noticed your location says Japan. Local?

I'm not Japanese myself, but I do live in Japan. Konichiwa!

Are you replaying VIII as the original, emulated or the steam one with achievements? I'm currently playing the steam one. Cause... ACHIEVEMENTS

Welcome to EoFF! Hope you enjoy your stay!

I wish I could play my original, unfortunately my copy doesn't work with my PS3 :mad2:. As I am sure you know, for some reason FFVIII discs are sometimes incompatible, which sucks.

Instead I ended up buying a copy from PSN when it was on sale. Along with FFV, to i have that to play later as well. :D

Hello, Uchu! Nice to meet you! Should I get you a tissue or some cold medicine?

Haha, didn't even notice the name sounded like that! Just for the record, Uchu means universe in Japanese and I was referring to Cid's dream to go into space, I didn't intentionally name myself after an involuntary explosion of air :lol:.

Thanks again everyone!

Aelitalily
08-05-2014, 10:24 AM
Definitely, while I more or less owe it to my friends for introducing FF to me, it was quite obvious that I developed much more of an obsession passion for the series, but up until now i've never really had like-minded people to chat to about it.

Other interests would be technology, computers, reading, etc. I like to dabble in anime when I can but with free time being a premium, I usually prefer to allocate it to gaming related activities.

I completely hear ya :3 I spend a lot of time on Deviant Art myself for art related things - finding the balance between art work and games is not easy! I commit myself of a couple hours of art and then I allow myself to play games after that on week days... on the weekends though.... \o/ No rules and I do what I want!

I'll share something of my dorky self with you;
It was a Saturday night and my cousins and I had the house to ourselves, we decided to let loose and play games with The Labyrinth on really LOUD so we could sing along to our favourite parts whilst we got our games on... :3

Uchu
08-05-2014, 10:52 AM
:lol: Sounds like fun, sometimes you've just gotta let loose. Good old David Bowie, 'eh! Haha.

Shauna
08-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Welcome to the forum! How did you stumble across this place? :)

Hope you enjoy! If you have a chance you should pop into the chatroom, we're a cool bunch in there.

Uchu
08-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Thanks Shauna. :) Well, i've known about the site for a long time and would use it frequently when doing my rounds of checking out FF news.

When looking for a (gaming/FF) forum to join with a good community EoFF always seemed to pop up and so I thought I would check it out myself, and I am glad I did.

Regarding chat, I will be sure to do that at some point! :)

Pumpkin
08-08-2014, 10:42 PM
Welcome! Great to see you around the forums!

Scotty_ffgamer
08-10-2014, 04:58 AM
Hello friend!

I didn't actually know some copies of VIII don't work on the PS3. I'd be pretty devastated myself if that happened to me. VIII was my first in the series and I've been playing my PS1 copy at least once a year for years now. I even have the VIII soundtrack signed by Nobuo!

What's your favorite anime?

Uchu
08-10-2014, 10:12 AM
Welcome! Great to see you around the forums!

Thanks, shion. Its been nearly a week and everyone has been very welcoming! Can definitely see why EoFF has such a good reputation.

Hello friend!

I didn't actually know some copies of VIII don't work on the PS3. I'd be pretty devastated myself if that happened to me. VIII was my first in the series and I've been playing my PS1 copy at least once a year for years now. I even have the VIII soundtrack signed by Nobuo!

What's your favorite anime?

Hey Scotty_ffgamer,

Yeah, I've kept having an urge to play it for the past year and would put the disc in from time to time just to check (you know.. to see if something magical had happened since last time), but nope, still doesn't get past the PS logo. So gave up and grabbed it on sale. Done.

When did you manage to meet Uematsu to sign your soundtrack? Would love to meet him, his soundtracks made me get into not only FF soundtracks, but game music in general.

Hmmm, favourite anime… That would have to be Cowboy Bebop. Absolutely love that anime, and coincidentally enough, I think that has one hell of a soundtrack as well.

Quindiana Jones
08-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Cowboy Bebop yes yes yes.

Scotty_ffgamer
08-15-2014, 04:56 PM
I actually didn't get to meet him :(. He was at an event a friend of mine went to, and he offered to try to get something signed for me!

Uchu
08-16-2014, 09:03 AM
Cowboy Bebop yes yes yes.
Haha, it seems we have approval. [3, 2, 1.. lets Jam!] :roll::quina::bounce:

I actually didn't get to meet him . He was at an event a friend of mine went to, and he offered to try to get something signed for me!

Ah, well even so, that's a pretty sweet piece of merchandise to own.