PDA

View Full Version : Ni No Kuni

Pumpkin
08-04-2014, 05:09 PM
So I played this game up until you recruit that girl, and I loved it. It was an adorable game. Sadly, it sat on my shelf for close to a year now and I plan to play it again soon.

So first question is, does anyone remember the basic battle controls and such or the general stuff to do in game because I forgot and don't want to start over :blush:

Also, let's just discuss this awesome game :monster:

Spuuky
08-04-2014, 05:24 PM
It's not difficult. You won't need to restart. In fact, you aren't even done with the "tutorial" part of the game, really.

Pumpkin
08-04-2014, 05:30 PM
The game pretty basic to play I guess? I seem to remember some monster summoning or something and I have no clue how to do any of that anymore :(

Vyk
08-06-2014, 02:27 AM
D-pad and action menu if I remember correctly. Just go back to the earlier areas to re-learn things. That's what I did when I lost touch with it. And now I've lost touch with it again and will have to do the same once more

Del Murder
08-09-2014, 08:35 PM
I had the same experience of Vyk and shion. I played this game for a little while, thought it was fun and cute, but then lost interest. So I guess in the end it's not a very engaging game?

Vyk
08-10-2014, 02:28 AM
Yeah, it hampers itself due to 20 hours of hand-holding and patronizing. There's like a 10-15 hour tutorial period, and even after you get through with that, they force you to have conversations about how you don't know what you're doing and here's what you're supposed to do, even if that was exactly what you were going to do. You're just not allowed to do it until said conversation. The constant interruptions of progression and talking down to from the tutorial character got old. And I tried to put up with it long after it got old. And it still went on and on and on. I think that finally killed it for me. I don't hold anything against the game, and intend to one day pick up where I left off, and hope that the coddling and patronizing ends at some point. And I actually love the little fairy dude. He's an awesome character out of that context

McLovin'
08-15-2014, 03:24 AM
It's pretty fun once you get to Al'mamoon and onwards. Battles are really easy but theyre fun and the sidequests are a plenty but not that interesting. I loved the game though. Great for kids.

Pete for President
08-15-2014, 08:01 AM
The fetch quests are really standard and I will never forgive the almost shameful amount of handholding in the first half of the game, but man did I have a great time exploring, giggling at puns and gazing at scenery. The story has some really good twists in the latter half too.

Del Murder
08-19-2014, 08:45 PM
Maybe I'll try to get back into it after South Park.