PDA

View Full Version : HD Remaster of Resident Evil 1 Remake coming soon to PS4/XBOX One/PC/PS3/XBOX 360

Aulayna
08-05-2014, 11:43 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-05-resident-evil-1-getting-remastered-re-release-on-pc-ps3-ps4-xbox-360-and-xbox-one

I'm not ashamed. I will buy this. I loved the GameCube version but never got a chance to finish doing everything I wanted to do on it where I was only borrowing it off a friend at the time.

Scotty_ffgamer
08-05-2014, 04:34 PM
I'll probably pick this up eventually. I've never gotten to play any of the RE games, and I've always wanted to play the Gamecube version.

I was a little concerned when they talked about updating the camera and such, but I'm glad they are leaving the option for if you want original controls or more updated controls. I like my survival horror with fixed camera angles and tank controls!

Dat Matt
08-05-2014, 06:56 PM
I played the DS version a few years back. I wonder if they'll stick with the awful tank controls or if they'll do the RE5 DLC version.

This will make the second time that the game has been remade using another engine though. the gamecube already had the game remade, so this makes remake number 2.

Shauna
08-05-2014, 07:19 PM
No, you misunderstand, it's an HD Remaster of the RE:make. So it's the GC game!

Psychotic
08-05-2014, 07:33 PM
BARRY BURTON

Scotty_ffgamer
08-05-2014, 09:58 PM
I played the DS version a few years back. I wonder if they'll stick with the awful tank controls or if they'll do the RE5 DLC version.

This will make the second time that the game has been remade using another engine though. the gamecube already had the game remade, so this makes remake number 2.

What Shauna said.

Also, they said you are going to be given the option of tank controls or a different control scheme.

Dat Matt
08-06-2014, 06:29 PM
Also, they said you are going to be given the option of tank controls or a different control scheme.

Thank god, Tank controls are awful

Ayen
08-06-2014, 11:13 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-05-resident-evil-1-getting-remastered-re-release-on-pc-ps3-ps4-xbox-360-and-xbox-one

I'm not ashamed.

Why would you be?

Heard about this yesterday. The touch up on the visuals look okay, but if that's all the change going into the game I have no interest in getting it. I already have the remake on GameCube and it still looks amazing enough as it is. I'm all for more people playing the Remake if they missed it on the GameCube, though.

Forsaken Lover
08-17-2014, 12:39 AM
Where's my REZero HD?

Ayen
08-17-2014, 01:06 AM
Where's my REZero HD?

If this sells well they might make a HD port of Zero. It'd be easier to make than the remake of 2 and 3 that RE fans are hoping will come out of this game's success.

DMKA
08-17-2014, 02:45 AM
I never played it myself but I watched a friend play it when it was new. At the time, it was the most impressive looking game I'd seen. Most people seem to agree that it's the best Resident Evil game.

I wonder if this means they'll eventually release Resident Evil 0 in HD. That was one of my favorites of the franchise. It doesn't get nearly enough love.

Vyk
08-17-2014, 03:16 PM
This interests me muchly as I too missed out on the GC one. I had always thought of grabbing it off Amazon. Now I can just wait for a prettier version

Mirage
08-17-2014, 04:29 PM
this is all inception-like