PDA

View Full Version : Movies not made by Hayao Miyazaki

Scotty_ffgamer
08-05-2014, 05:59 PM
So what are your favorite non-Miyazaki movies from studio Ghibli? While he has certainly created the movies that most people associate with the company, there are some gems he didn't direct.

Mo-Nercy
08-05-2014, 06:32 PM
It's gotta be Grave of the Fireflies right? It's not one I rewatch too often, because it doesn't have the feel-good factor, but it's quite emotionally gripping.

Scotty_ffgamer
08-05-2014, 06:45 PM
Grave of the fireflies is a great movie. I can't argue with that. But it's not my favorite just for how depressing it is. I saw it once and I doubt I'll ever watch it again. From Up on Poppy Hill or Only Yesterday probably stand as my favorites.

Wolf Kanno
08-05-2014, 07:12 PM
I enjoy Grave of the Fireflies but I think I like The Cat Returns more since the lack of heavy subject matter makes it easier for replays.

Pete for President
08-06-2014, 05:00 AM
The Cat Returns is a great film with many little details in it that kept me entertained even after I saw it multiple times : )

chionos
08-06-2014, 09:11 PM
You know, The Cat Returns has really grown on me the last few years. I can say the same for my daughters. They weren't especially into it the first time they watched it, but it gripped their attention the more they've(we've) watched it.

Loony BoB
08-07-2014, 10:38 AM
I should probably rewatch Grave of the Fireflies someday. My default answer is probably The Cat Returns.