PDA

View Full Version : Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Scotty_ffgamer
08-05-2014, 06:48 PM
I recognize that this movie was made before Studio Ghibli was a thing, but it was published in the US under the Studio Ghibli name I believe.

Anyways, what I'm curious about is if anyone has read the manga? I've been really interested in reading it ever since I saw the movie, but I haven't been able to get a hold of it yet!

Vyk
08-06-2014, 02:16 AM
If I remember correctly, it can be pretty pricey. I haven't looked in a long time though. Our local book store used to sell a copy before it went out of business. I think they were like $24.99 a volume or something? I can't remember how many volumes, but it sort of put me off a bit

I later downloaded it digitally, but never got around to reading it

Nausicaa being my favorite Miyazaki movie of all time, I'm always interested in it. I might try to hunt it down and see someday again. It will definitely happen. Eventually

Scotty_ffgamer
08-06-2014, 08:04 AM
I believe I can buy a box set of the series for $50. I'd be willing to do that, I think.

chionos
08-06-2014, 09:09 PM
Same here, at some point. Something I would love to have, but primarily only as a collector. I'm sadly not all that interested in actually reading the manga, I guess because I've seen the movie so many times.

Scotty_ffgamer
08-06-2014, 09:37 PM
From what I understand, the manga is actually a much larger story than the movie. I think the movie was like 1/3 of the manga if I remember right? I heard something like that when I was watching the special features on my friend's copy of Nausicaa.

chionos
08-06-2014, 11:08 PM
Heard. Ok, so maybe it would be interesting. Either way, I'll be on the lookout.