PDA

View Full Version : You are a horrible human being...

Wolf Kanno
08-06-2014, 09:58 AM
So tonight I got yelled at for not liking the film Maleficent and argued a good while with a friend about why it was good or bad since they loved the film. Apparently the issue is that I lack any maternal/paternal instinct and can't appreciate a film about the love of a mother with a child as opposed to recognizing the flick for being some writers Mary Sue Power Fantasy about their favorite Disney villain who was just misunderstood all along and hated the original fairy tale.

So what insults have you been called for absolutely silly things?

P.S. I am also a terrible anime fan cause I don't hate dubs and sometimes think the dub is better than the original.

Ergroilnin
08-06-2014, 10:29 AM
P.S. I am also a terrible anime fan cause I don't hate dubs and sometimes think the dub is better than the original.

Yes. Yes you are.

I've been called horrible person for many things pretty much because I am a terrible person and I like it. Bite me all you normal people :cool:

Shauna
08-06-2014, 10:31 AM
My friends and I insult each other over dumb stuff all the time. Taste in music/TV/films/anything. Not a big deal. xD

Sephex
08-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Finally! A thread about me!

...wait. Silly things, huh?

The most amusing thing that has ever happened is when I refused to throw away a classmates trash when we were having lunch. We were sitting across from each other and were equal distance to the garbage can. So he got all mad and told me, "You're gonna get stuck in the snow!"

I later learned that his logic is that I would eventually get my car stuck in the snow that upcoming winter and he would be the ONLY option I would have to get out of the snow.

Oh, and I did not own a vehicle then. Or a licence. Or have ever been stuck in the snow.

The prophecy will never come true.

EDIT:

I kind of already addressed this in a silly manner at a different part of this forum earlier today, but I guess I'll be more serious here. As far as anime goes, usually the same people who get butthurt over people who watch and/or enjoy dubs are the same people that complain that not enough people get into anime. Well, when (the royal) you takes and interest and you flaunt an aspect over other people in an effort to make yourself seem superior, of COURSE people really won't want to take part in a community and activity.

It's kind of like the same thing I see in video game communities. "LOL FAG!! N00B!! KILL YOURSELF!! I WILL SKULL F*** YOUR MOTHER TO DEATH!! etc"

Then they turn around and say, "How come people don't take our community seriously? Why do other people think we are completely socially inept? What's with all the grief video games get?!"

Gee, I wonder why.

Old Manus
08-06-2014, 10:36 AM
The rise of internet social justice warriors means that being called a 'shitty/awful/appalling/disgraceful human being' for next to nothing at all is becoming something of a daily ritual. Though I am used to it, being a Swansea fan living in Cardiff and all.

Psychotic
08-06-2014, 10:54 AM
The rise of internet social justice warriors means that being called a 'shitty/awful/appalling/disgraceful human being' for next to nothing at all is becoming something of a daily ritual. Though I am used to it, being a Swansea fan living in Cardiff and all.Isn't being referred to as any sort of human being at all a compliment in Wales?

Ergroilnin
08-06-2014, 10:54 AM
I kind of already addressed this in a silly manner at a different part of this forum earlier today, but I guess I'll be more serious here. As far as anime goes, usually the same people who get butthurt over people who watch and/or enjoy dubs are the same people that complain that not enough people get into anime. Well, when (the royal) you takes and interest and you flaunt an aspect over other people in an effort to make yourself seem superior, of COURSE people really won't want to take part in a community and activity.

It's kind of like the same thing I see in video game communities. "LOL FAG!! N00B!! KILL YOURSELF!! I WILL SKULL F*** YOUR MOTHER TO DEATH!! etc"

Then they turn around and say, "How come people don't take our community seriously? Why do other people think we are completely socially inept? What's with all the grief video games get?!"

Gee, I wonder why.

Not the case for me. I don't care how many people like or dislike something. Their minus, but I think one should always watch anything in the original dubbing with subtitles given the choice for various reasons that I am too lazy to write down atm.

Old Manus
08-06-2014, 10:56 AM
The rise of internet social justice warriors means that being called a 'shitty/awful/appalling/disgraceful human being' for next to nothing at all is becoming something of a daily ritual. Though I am used to it, being a Swansea fan living in Cardiff and all.Isn't being referred to as any sort of human being at all a compliment in Wales?Check your homo sapien privilege. NEANDERTHAL STRONG.

Sephex
08-06-2014, 11:53 AM

Gee, I wonder why.

Not the case for me. I don't care how many people like or dislike something. Their minus, but I think one should always watch anything in the original dubbing with subtitles given the choice for various reasons that I am too lazy to write down atm.

But it isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Caring how people watch something is like caring about how people cut their grass or something. If it isn't your lawn then don't worry about it.

Ergroilnin
08-06-2014, 12:27 PM
I don't worry about it. I just tell them how horrible lawncut they got and go do my own things.

Sephex
08-06-2014, 12:42 PM
I don't worry about it. I just tell them how horrible lawncut they got and go do my own things.

But then you do care. If you didn't care you wouldn't feel a need to comment on how they went about their own business. Using a personal preference to feel superior is clearly the number one priority then.

Ergroilnin
08-06-2014, 12:50 PM

But then you do care. If you didn't care you wouldn't feel a need to comment on how they went about their own business. Using a personal preference to feel superior is clearly the number one priority then.

Nope, I just enjoy pointing out when someone does something badly and move forward. If I cared I would tell them reasons why and try to convince them.

Sephex
08-06-2014, 12:53 PM

Nope, I just enjoy pointing out when someone does something badly and move forward. If I cared I would tell them reasons why and try to convince them.

Alright, man. Whatever you need to do to feel better about yourself.

Ergroilnin
08-06-2014, 01:14 PM
Alright, man. Whatever you need to do to feel better about yourself.

Sure man, whatever you need to tell fellow internet crawler :D

Carl the Llama
08-06-2014, 01:36 PM

I agree, I can think of the perfect example: Dragon Ball Z, Goku sounds like a child, its completely rediculous. I also prefer the dubbed version of Fist of the North Star.

Other then that, nothing comes to mind about pett insults.

Agent Proto
08-06-2014, 02:07 PM
I was called out for something I had said earlier, and it made me realize that I was being shitty. I felt really terrible about it because I usually don't get called out a lot, so it was something I might have needed in a long time. Hopefully I come out a better person because of it.

Scotty_ffgamer
08-06-2014, 07:00 PM
There was one time while I was making a drink for a customer that they changed their mind after I already poured their drink. They then asked if they could just have that one free since it was already made. I told them no. They proceeded to inform me not only that I was a terrible person, but that I was the reason for everything wrong in this world. Including people dying of hunger around the world. I was personally at fault for all of those deaths and anything else wrong in the world because I wouldn't give her a free drink.

noxious.sunshine
08-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Friends have cracked on me for liking Final Fantasy in general plenty of times.

Clouded Sky
08-06-2014, 07:34 PM
I don't know how anyone could say anything bad to/about me, but you're spot on in that Maleficent was terrible.

Ergroilnin
08-06-2014, 07:36 PM
There was one time while I was making a drink for a customer that they changed their mind after I already poured their drink. They then asked if they could just have that one free since it was already made. I told them no. They proceeded to inform me not only that I was a terrible person, but that I was the reason for everything wrong in this world. Including people dying of hunger around the world. I was personally at fault for all of those deaths and anything else wrong in the world because I wouldn't give her a free drink.

Could be! Ever heard of Butterfly effect? Who knows on what dark path you set them by not giving them the drink free of charge!

~*~Celes~*~
08-06-2014, 08:16 PM
backstory: my husband was already talking to another girl when he met me at our friends' wedding. Nothing serious, they had gone out a couple of times but that was it. She hadn't even kissed him yet. We talked on the phone for 6 hours one day then another 2 hours the next day, and then he told her about me. She kissed him and said "I will fight for you." Mind you, I didn't know about her yet...not that it mattered because he had already fallen pretty hard for me after the phone conversation and had already made his mind up that he wanted me, not her.

We made plans to hang out with that second phone call, and that was also the first time we hugged...kissed...ended up going for a home run! We hit it off so well between that and the phone calls that we decided we were a couple, and the rest is history.

So, on topic. I was talking to a co worker, swapping "How i met my significant other" stories. She informed me that I am a bad person because he left me for the girl he was already talking to when we met. Like, really, it's not my fault she didn't even kiss him until she found out he was interested in someone else -_-

Ayen
08-06-2014, 11:02 PM
I didn't like Firefly.

I don't need to tell you what the general reception to that was.

Big Ogre Umaro
08-07-2014, 01:51 AM
The moral of the story is: don't impose your narrow experience onto others, and also listen to the perspective of others even if you think you disagree with what they have to say. Every opinion, no matter how "wrong" is important to understanding another person, and should be treated seriously if you can. Why did that person like Malificent? It appears that they connected to something in the movie that OP couldn't get to, something that spoke to their lived experience. Maybe they didn't express it the wrong way, but with the way OP is dismissing their arguments, it's no wonder that nothing was communicated!

Listen. Learn. Your fellow human is a treasure trove of thoughts and ideas, even if they're hard to get to at first.

I'm gonna turn thirty in a couple months. I'm just gonna get more preachy as time goes on.

Wolf Kanno
08-07-2014, 05:20 AM
The moral of the story is: don't impose your narrow experience onto others, and also listen to the perspective of others even if you think you disagree with what they have to say. Every opinion, no matter how "wrong" is important to understanding another person, and should be treated seriously if you can. Why did that person like Malificent? It appears that they connected to something in the movie that OP couldn't get to, something that spoke to their lived experience. Maybe they didn't express it the wrong way, but with the way OP is dismissing their arguments, it's no wonder that nothing was communicated!

Listen. Learn. Your fellow human is a treasure trove of thoughts and ideas, even if they're hard to get to at first.

I'm gonna turn thirty in a couple months. I'm just gonna get more preachy as time goes on.

The irony here is that it was the other way around, I never actually had a chance to defend my view against her as she never gave me a chance to talk. ;)

Honestly, its a poorly written movie.

blackmage_nuke
08-07-2014, 08:28 AM

I use to watch my anime on youtube

maybee
08-07-2014, 10:44 AM
I must be more worse than Adolf Hitler, because I have always felt like Maleficent was a extremely overated villian and was a total whiny puss, that got all upset because she wasn't invited to a baby's party.

And yes, I do agree that the newer movie totally and completely woobies her and tries to make us have feels towards a whiny puss that got upset that she wasn't invited to a baby's birthday party.

Maleficent reminds me of one of those children that throw a hissy fit at the supermarket because she didn't get what she desired.

The Ceej
08-12-2014, 07:18 PM
So tonight I got yelled at for not liking the film Maleficent and argued a good while with a friend about why it was good or bad since they loved the film. Apparently the issue is that I lack any maternal/paternal instinct and can't appreciate a film about the love of a mother with a child as opposed to recognizing the flick for being some writers Mary Sue Power Fantasy about their favorite Disney villain who was just misunderstood all along and hated the original fairy tale.

So what insults have you been called for absolutely silly things?

How dare you not have exactly the same opinions as everyone else you meet!? That makes you worse than Hitler!

Seriously, why can't more people understand different people have different tastes? Sometimes I get yelled at, insulted, or even banned from a venue because of a joke or a song. They don't seem to understand that my target audience likes the stuff they were offended by. Their thought must be, "Anyone who would like that is a horrible person."

No. You don't like it. That's fine. Others do. That's fine too. I can't stand people who think a difference of opinion is something to get all pissy over.

I empathise with your situation, Wolf. And, if you care to take my unsolicited advice, don't associate with that person anymore. They're just gonna get like this every time you disagree with them.

Shorty
08-12-2014, 09:25 PM
It's okay, Wolfie. I didn't even see Malificent and I knew it wasn't good.

Cim called me a turdblossom or a turdbucket last night. It's some new turd thing every night.

Wolf Kanno
08-12-2014, 11:00 PM
Oh no, it's all cool, I'm not making this thread out of disgust, and I'm still good friends with her, I just find it funny when people overreact to silly things like taste in music or movies. I do it myself and I've compared liking certain things I despise to some historical atrocity just to prove that point but it's all in jest. I was just curious to know if other people do these amusing overreactions to things.

NeoCracker
08-12-2014, 11:10 PM
All I do is make some jokes that make light of the Holocaust and everyone looks at me like I'm some kind of monster.

...Oh, this isn't about me?

Yeah, I'm normally the one making the overexagerations to other people because it amuses me.

Like those pretentious sub-only cock stains. :love:

Aelitalily
08-19-2014, 10:33 AM

I also like the English dub better sometimes especially if the artwork is good and I would rather focus on the images then the text, or I don't know if god forbid I want to lay in bed and relax without reading!? FOR SHAME!

I will say this though : once you have watched something in Japanese it can be very hard to watch the English version. xD

I am a horrible person though because I am not happy that my boyfriend's Mum wants to come and visit and reeks like cat piss *SHRUGS* ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's like everything the light touches turns to gold... the golden smell of cat piss! My boyfriend is amazing and never tells me off about the way I feel, even though I really do feel bad for thinking this way lol :3 It is what is it is!

Chris
08-19-2014, 10:41 AM
I am frequently accused of being a horrible human being, simply because I still visit this site. :(

Dat Matt
08-19-2014, 07:04 PM
I am frequently accused of being a horrible human being, simply because I still visit this site. :(

Is this from the users, you horrible human being?

jk we love you.

Shaibana
08-20-2014, 04:14 PM
i never participate in the xbox/ps3 war, but once a 12 year old called me some stuff becaus i mentioned i have a ps3..
*sigh* it was a very neutral post, i simply mentioned that i got a ps3 becaus after having a ps2 that would be the most logical (for me), without bashing or hating on xbox
so childish xD

mainly my sister thinks im a 'horrible human being' for listening to k-pop.
her biggest argument is: ''how can you enjoy it if you cant even understand it?''
being not able to understand it might just be the biggest + (sometimes).
wich is a bit hypocrit becaus she (also) listens to Stromae and those few spanish songs in the top40.. and i know she doesnt undertand french or spanish xD

and ofcourse becaus im a gamer... that makes me a horrible human being too